fiduciary

Author Topic: The Golden Saber Challenge!  (Read 5396 times)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: The Golden Saber Challenge!
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2022, 07:02:21 AM »
FJK - any update on procedures for submission?  Final 2 weeks…I hope the mail came through for SRTM. 

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2022, 12:29:59 PM »
OK, here are the details for submitting your contest entry to me:

When you have your saber done, send a maximum of twelve 'finished' shots and a wiring shot or two (optional, but recommended) to ME.

Send your entry to this email address: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Title your emails in this:
FX CONTEST - Saber name - YOUR USERNAME

Example:
Superawesomejedi built a saber for the contest. FX  CONTEST - SABER1 - SUPERAWESOMEJEDI

Inside the email, please put your username, real name, saber name all on one line

On the next line(s)
You can add any other info like saber specs, and the pictures you want posted.

Example:
Saber name: Spectra
Specs:
CFV 8.0
LED Engin RGGB
Premium speaker
Momentary switch

<picture1>
<picture2>
<picture3>
<picture4>
<picture5>
<Wiring picture1>
<Wiring picture2 >

I will save and re-host all the pictures myself so that your name stays confidential. Please make sure you rename the photos to distinguish them from each other somehow. The easier it is more me to download and copy/paste, the faster the polls get posted up. The polls will be anonymous, as discussed, so that people don't vote for their favorite member. Also, please don’t go fishing on social media for votes. I caught someone in the TCSS Contest trying that. Just don’t, it’s tacky.  :police:

Also, Please keep your sabers to yourselves as well, DO NOT post build/show off threads until the winner is announced.

You have until MIDNIGHT EST February 14th 2022 to build a saber for the contest, unless the date changes. Voting will be held shortly thereafter, and the poll will be 2 weeks in length.  After that, either I (or possibly a staff member here) will announce the winner.

I am still working on the video part. Right now, please make sure the video is as short as possible. I’ll likely be using my Dropbox to collect the videos, and transferring it to my computer and uploading from there. I only have about 5GB to work with so it’ll be a one at a time kinda thing. You will get instructions via email when you submit your entry for that.

That's about it. Have fun with the contest! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

I'll be answering questions here, but please keep it on topic. If it’s more of an Administration question, I’m sure Yoda or K-2SO will weigh in.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2022, 03:05:51 PM »
Thanks FJK - appreciate the detailed instructions…will start pulling my pics together after some final touch ups!

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2022, 08:51:03 PM »
FJK - any update on procedures for the video submission?   I am planning to send everything over tomorrow.  Thanks for coordinating!

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2022, 06:13:52 AM »
When you send me the email with your entry, I’ll send you the instructions. You can be the test case. You’ll need to know how big the video file is.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2022, 07:05:42 AM »
10-4…thanks. 

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2022, 12:27:57 PM »
You guys should basically just wear neon signs at this point.

Repeat after me class:  A-NON-Y-MOUS which means of unknown name, or not identified by name.

If you do something, send a PM. ILL GET THIS CLEANED ASAP.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2022, 01:14:34 PM »
So, as stands, I have pretty much all the individual parts of my saber built, and the last of the 3D prints on the way (going to have to be an overnighter, though). I reckon that if everything goes right, I have about a day's worth of work ahead. final assembly, plating, etc

In a turn of good luck, I have tomorrow off work, so the build Marathon continues.
Better late than never.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2022, 07:19:47 AM »
Right, I'm going to make my final statement now, I think. My build is progressing, but more than a bit behind where 'd like to be, and right now, I think I've got about 50/50 odds of submitting something in time.

So, yeah. FJK, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you haven't heard anything from me by 20:00 EST, I've been struck down by the Contest Curse again, and please proceed without me. That's 01:00 my time, and as far as I think I can go without passing out.
Better late than never.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2022, 08:53:40 AM »
Anonymous? We’ve been declaring interest since page 1. The pics and vids are anonymous.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2022, 09:44:14 AM »
And I'm out. Again. This time for circumstances beyond my control.

The good news is that I was on track to complete my saber tonight. one more part to finish building, then it was time for assembly, soldering and anodising.

The bad is that at the turn of 5pm, my downstairs neighbour came up to shout at me about the "constructions noises" and asked me to stop or she'd get the landlord on me. I'm not going to lie, I hadn't quite realised that I was making that much noise, and I didn't realise that my 3D printer was loud enough to be heard through the walls during my overnight print last night. I feel like a bit of an pillock right now. Turns out this year, it's my turn to become the neighbour from xxx.  :sad: Didn't see that one coming.

Anyway, there isn't much I can do unfortunately. I'm going to have to call it here.

I guess it'll be finished at the weekend now.

Good luck to everyone. I can't wait to see what you've all come up with.
Better late than never.

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2022, 04:37:51 PM »
Tick, tick, tick. A little over 4 hours left.

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2022, 05:38:59 AM »
Ok. I had all the entries of those who entered. It’ll be a couple of day to process all of this.

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2022, 07:54:53 PM »
Great job guys! I cast my vote

retrousse