fiduciary

Author Topic: Fuap Ramah's Prayer Wheel by Flynn (Fuap Ramah) of NY Jedi. Assembled by Phoenix  (Read 5962 times)

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Fuap Ramah's Prayer Wheel

All parts ordered from TCSS, custom engraving, custom parts as well.
RED AV Switch (with tape over dot to create effect)
1000 MA Buck Puck
P4 White
8.7 Degreee Lens
2x 14500 Lithium Ion Batts.
In Hilt Recharge
Lee Filters Orange Filter

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/PhoenixViridian/LQ%20Saber%20Pics/fuap-1.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/PhoenixViridian/LQ%20Saber%20Pics/fuap-2.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/PhoenixViridian/LQ%20Saber%20Pics/fuap-3.jpg

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
Very clean work.
The engraving really makes the piece stand out and is probably the best thing about it.
I'm still debating if I like the overall design of the piece or not though... there's something about the black of the rear of the hilt against the copper of the choke that looks weird to me.

I suspect it's the way the photo is taken, but in the second photo, the copper of the emitter and the copper of the choke look different.

Offline Big Boss

• Formerly known as phophjoph
  • Master Force User
  • there is only room for one Snake and one Big Boss
very interesting design  :) has an Egyptian look to it.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."-The Boss

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath"-Michael Caine

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
really nice work and design, i personally like the contrasts of colour on this saber but obviously this is a personal preference.

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Very clean work.
The engraving really makes the piece stand out and is probably the best thing about it.
I'm still debating if I like the overall design of the piece or not though... there's something about the black of the rear of the hilt against the copper of the choke that looks weird to me.

I suspect it's the way the photo is taken, but in the second photo, the copper of the emitter and the copper of the choke look different.

The choke is actually gold. :P

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Interesting engraving...is that two lion-dogs flanking a lotus??? Prayer wheel hmmm...
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Not sure what they are, he ordered the parts, he just had me assemble. There are engravings on the Blade Holder too (but the powder coating came after. very interesting effect).

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Interesting considering the saber name refers to a "prayer wheel"...I didn't notice the engravings on the bladeholder and cant make them out in the picture but wonder if it might be the Sanskrit symbols for "Om Mani Padme Hum" [not referring to Padme Amidala in Star Wars but rather Mani-Padme the jewel-in-lotus avatar of the bodhisattva of Compassion] since a lotus is engraved below, which is a traditional mantra inscribed on Tibetan prayer wheels. It strikes me as a kind of an inspired idea because every time the saber with such inscriptions is spun would thus 'say' the prayer/mantra as with a prayer-wheel...spinning one's 'prayer wheel saber' could thus become a means of dealing with karma and attuning one towards compassion and enlightenment...very clever and 8)

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Well Flynn is the head of NY Jedi....

Offline Jin Ke

• Master Force User
Interesting considering the saber name refers to a "prayer wheel"...I didn't notice the engravings on the bladeholder and cant make them out in the picture but wonder if it might be the Sanskrit symbols for "Om Mani Padme Hum" [not referring to Padme Amidala in Star Wars but rather Mani-Padme the jewel-in-lotus avatar of the bodhisattva of Compassion] since a lotus is engraved below, which is a traditional mantra inscribed on Tibetan prayer wheels. It strikes me as a kind of an inspired idea because every time the saber with such inscriptions is spun would thus 'say' the prayer/mantra as with a prayer-wheel...spinning one's 'prayer wheel saber' could thus become a means of dealing with karma and attuning one towards compassion and enlightenment...very clever and 8)

And judging by your description that sounds just like him...  He is a practicing buddhist...     ;)

Offline LoganV

• Force User
  • I am a banana.
Nice detailing. Cool touch.
Proud owner of Avalon by Vader's Vault.

retrousse