fiduciary

Author Topic: Southern Ontario?  (Read 21620 times)

Offline DariusZelke

• Padawan Learner
  • Jedi Knight Darius Zelke
Southern Ontario?
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:38:20 PM »
Is there a G.U.I.L.D or Dueling Society in southern Ontario like Toronto to Brantford to the border?
"It takes a strong man to fall to the dark side, but it takes an even stronger man to stay true to the light!"
-Ulin Marek (me)
"If he is not the Chosen One, then we must realize that with his power this could be a very dangerous place for him to be."
-Qui Gon Jinn

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
Re: Southern Ontario?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »
hey Darius, i was actually thinking about starting a saber club in toronto. i know a few people that are also into custom sabers and would love to have something going on over here.

i think the hardest part is finding a central location where everyone can meet. i.e. someones house with a work station.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
I'm down in Windsor, but TO is a bit of a hike to do some dueling.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 05:18:59 AM »
it would be more than just dueling i guess. i mean it would be like a little club. we all get together, talk sabers, share ideas, parts, etc.  we all can have some snacks, order pizza, watch movies. etc. etc. 

but like i said, it was just an idea of mine.  know a lot of people over here that would love to do it, its just finding someone who would be willing to host.  :D

we all know our wives are super excited about the idea of having a bunch of strangers come over and talk about lightsabers, hahahahahaha  ;D

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 06:13:45 AM »
it would be more than just dueling i guess. i mean it would be like a little club. we all get together, talk sabers, share ideas, parts, etc.  we all can have some snacks, order pizza, watch movies. etc. etc. 

but like i said, it was just an idea of mine.  know a lot of people over here that would love to do it, its just finding someone who would be willing to host.  :D

we all know our wives are super excited about the idea of having a bunch of strangers come over and talk about lightsabers, hahahahahaha  ;D
I used to go to a Dr Who fan club an hour or so from where I live, very much like you describe, we would talk of Daleks, watch an episode etc. But no one around has anything like a Star Wars club here, that'll own a Saber dueling  club. Some are lucky I guess. But it was great fun just being with like minded people.

Offline Corran Horn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea at all.  But it wouldn't be an hour drive for me, it would be a 4 hour drive. Lol.  That makes it a tad more unrealistic.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
yeah, if its a long drive, it might not be worth it.  unless you are going this way anyways, to visit friends or family or even go shopping with the wife. then i can see making a pit stop to the party, but i agree, its a pretty long drive. not to mention gas prices are up the roof.  :-\

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:59:11 AM »
YES!

I've been off these forum pages for a while. Partially because there were barely any Southern Ontarians here. But now....

Good ol' Smokie lives in Cambridge. I'm down to meet and greet my fellow Canuckle-heads, and I would love to learn the forms properly along with other people.

Hope to meet you all soon.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 08:46:36 AM »
Hey Smokie, cool, more locals  ;D

like i mentioned below, there are a few of us in Toronto that are also on the forums, Jedi_Rick, who is currently helping me convert a few MR and HFX sabers, Janmizzle, who is one of my close friends and partner in crime, and Greco18, who is also a cool guy that i have had over my place a few times.

we gotta all get together.  currently i am having a contractor working on my deck. once thats complete, we can have a BBQ during the summer. once the sun goes down, the sabers come on, and it will be amazing.

my backyard is pretty big. its 222 feet long and 85 feet in width . im sure thats plenty of room for dueling  ;D

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »
Excellent.

I would like to offer you (and every other Canadian) this pic I made for our Avatars. Like a logo.

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
Did anyone go to that lightsaber battle in front of the R.O.M. a few years back? It began as an epic battle, adults and kids a like, but quickly turned into some kind of rave. So weird....

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was there.

This was me.

sorry for the double post..! ;D

Offline Corran Horn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
Excellent.

I would like to offer you (and every other Canadian) this pic I made for our Avatars. Like a logo.

That's awesome! I love that pic.

And yes, Canadian Jedi do INDEED do it in the snow.  Just watch some of Madcow's videos for proof!

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
hey, the logo looks cool, i like it  :P  ill give it a try, ill also ask some of the other guys to give it a try, hehehehe

no, i didnt go to that lightsaber battle in front of the R.O.M.  it did turn into some kind of rave thingy. it was so odd, hehehehe. but to be honest, i wouldnt have gone anyways, i think the crowd is a bit different than what we would have expected. it sounds cool in theory, but i bet once we got there, it would have turned into something totally different.

LOL, rave, hahahahaha  :D

Offline janmizzle

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
nice. we are finally starting this up. :)
summer is almost here so we should definitely get together sometime.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
they guys are right here right now working on the deck. once thats all done, its BBQ time at my place.

ill send out an invitation once its all complete.  ;D

retrousse