fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.  (Read 27373 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Re: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »
Awesome looking forward to the tutorial. :)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:17 PM »
I knew that there would be issues with this saber! >:(

I'm just hoping that it's even worth trading for the CF that I received already... I would feel kind of bad trading a highly inaccurate saber for a GREAT board...

Looks like I'm sticking with my mini search, and working toward some LE's that are calling my name. Then Purchasing and building customs.

I'm done with this crap. Super long delays, inferior (delayed) product, and lots of grabass from MR lately...

Offline Dark Helmet

• Force User
  • Hail Skroob!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »
-Less accurate detail (hideous blobs under button and glass eye, fake rabbit ears)

you made me check my sabers, and you're right, i've lots of blobs in the clamp holder. xxx, it's awful!
i was expecting that saber with lot of interest, but now i'm quite disappointed. i won't say it enough: I-HATE-PLASTIC-PIECES = fake rabbit ears ring just sucks. and the blobs are a symptom of low quality materials/assembly. it could have been the definitive lightsaber from mr, but in fact, it isn't.

license or not... master replica, you failed me for the last time.

only custom and handmade lightsaber in the future! (Yodaaaaaaaa! ;) )
LS Owned:

+ Yoda's Graflex V (Luke ESB Replica) -a masterpiece-
+ Cyan Luxeon III Anakin ROTS

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 01:16:15 AM »
I'm glad you like my little review and pics!( Dart Tyrannus, thanks a lot for your help with pics,. I appreciate).

Master Yoda: I'm waiting for your tutorial, because I guess I will replace the emitter clamp/earing, with a graflex replica one( I will have to make a hole in the hilt for hit, but... It will worth the job I guess).

Well, lie most of you noticed it, It's not the ultimate fx we wanted, but it's a good one though. I'm not angry like you rob, but I do agry with you for the fake clamp.. It's a real shame. They did it for the esb, I don't undertsand why they didn't make it for this one... Sethski, you're right on that point;) But I'm glad to have it.

Andy: My blade doesn't rattle! Somme peoples seems to have this problem, but not me... About the ESB, you're right, I prefer it, because it is realy nicest. But the problem of the ESB that everbody nows is his oversize...

No problems with blobs either...

So, for those of you, who are still waiting for yours, I'd like to tell you this:
Stop wait for the ONE, because it's not, and you'll be desapointed when you'll get it. You'd rather wait for one nice looking fx, and like that, you'll be happiest with it.

The more you expect, the less you get, The less you expect...the more you get !!!;)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:18:48 AM by Louis »

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
Good point Louis! :) No Problem with the help on the pics. ;) The site was high traffic the other day, so I was having trouble getting things to post up...

Although it may not be the ultimate saber everyone wanted, it's still a Luke ANH (sort of) I guess.

Since it took so long getting out, I suppose I was expecting it to make me dinner, take out the garbage, and feed the dog, but I suppose it sitting in the shipping carton on it's way to BC will have to do. ;)

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »
Ah well. It's too bad the rest of you guys are so unhappy with the ANH. I still think it's among the best sabers they've done, with the bright blade of the Obi, the most accurate motion sensors, and nice detailing on the hilt.

The rabbit ears being fake is a little bit disappointing, but quite frankly, unless you're looking carefully, you don't notice. And since in the films, the "blade" was rotoscoped in -- and hence didn't show through the rabbit ear slot -- one could argue that visually it's more film-accurate. ;)

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
I disagree Andy, I think the detailing is TERRIBLE.  I can get over the fake rabbit ears (as poor as they are), but the huge circular holes with shiny chrome mounds sticking out of the hilt under both the button and the glass eye destroy any hope of accuracy that the hilt had.  As collectors we can accept certain small inaccuracies, but these just make the hilt look like junk.  The sleek smooth Graflex has been downgraded to a  choppy compartmentalized partially metal tube with an inconsistent finish.  Who the xxx cares whether or not it's roughly the size of a Graflex if it looks nothing like one?   

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:14:14 PM by rob »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »
I know one thing for sure, I'll be taking some fine steel wool or a scotch brite pad to the chrome inserts around the buttons. And I have no problem cutting a slot to mount a set of rabbit ears in there.  ;D
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 04:31:46 PM »
Rob you're just being complete nit picky.  It's technically a toy for crying out loud....  It's not supposed to be 100% accurate. :P

If you are really that upset with the details don't buy it then. 

I hate to sound rude but hey...

I personally think from the pictures the saber looks great.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »
 ;)
You know guys I guess it's just me;but,I bet ya I could if I wanted to point out the flaws on every masterreplicas fx saber that I have;but,I won't.I love each and everyone of my sabers.Now I've converted my mace to a luxeon saber and It's better than ever.What I'm saying is from a poor boy's point of view I'm happy that I've got them.Flaws and all lol ;D 8)

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »
;)
You know guys I guess it's just me;but,I bet ya I could if I wanted to point out the flaws on every masterreplicas fx saber that I have;but,I won't.I love each and everyone of my sabers.Now I've converted my mace to a luxeon saber and It's better than ever.What I'm saying is from a poor boy's point of view I'm happy that I've got them.Flaws and all lol ;D 8)

I agree Master Kenobi. :)

P.S. Master Kenobi did you get the Vader parts?

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »
To late man, I already pre-ordered it having faith that MR would provide a quality product.  This is not a toy, a toy lightsaber costs $6.88 at Wal-Mart.  This is a $120.00 replica with sound and visual effects.  MR should be ashamed of themselves for cutting so many corners.  I not a nit picker man, I love the Luke ESB, I love all of the fx Vaders.  I can deal with a size issue, some cheap materials, etc.  I can't tolerate a hideous mess of hilt like this one.  C'mon man...look at those ridicoulous chrome mounds sticking out all over the brushed stainless hilt...it's shameful.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:45:57 PM by rob »

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 04:43:41 PM »
Wait.. so you're being completely nit picky about the saber and think it looks like crap but all ready have it pre-ordered?  That doesn't make much sense...

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 04:47:10 PM »
What doesn't make sense?  I pre-ordered it when the release pics came out (which looked great).  Now they deliver a junky piece of crap.  I'm not happy.

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »
Well it's just YOUR opinion.  Not everyone shares your opinion as you can see...maybe if you're really that unhappy about it, cancel the order...

retrousse