fiduciary

Author Topic: Possible Contest Ideas  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
  • Never tell me the odds!
Re: Possible Contest Ideas
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 09:12:00 AM »
I think the iron chef idea is cool but I think it limits the contestant pool to USA a bit, given the current state of post worldwide, also some folks would get their parts way before anyone else (not sure if that matters).

I love the "Golden Saber" idea as well as "The Jazz Challenge" other materials. they sound like they would both yield very unique sabers.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 01:01:41 PM »
So, FJK, any news of that challenge idea of yours?

No. I have a feeling that contest will have to stay where it is for now. If something changes down the road, that’ll be a different story.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »
I think the iron chef idea is cool but I think it limits the contestant pool to USA a bit, given the current state of post worldwide, also some folks would get their parts way before anyone else (not sure if that matters).

I love the "Golden Saber" idea as well as "The Jazz Challenge" other materials. they sound like they would both yield very unique sabers.

That's a good point.  I used to live in Japan, and it could take months for stuff to get to me from the states.  I think we'd be able to overcome that with a longer build time lines.  The flashgun challenge, albeit rudely interrupted by a pandemic, was 7 months long.  IMO, that should be enough to keep international members interested.  Besides, the majority of the work happens in the last month or two anyway. ;)

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 04:08:29 PM »
Besides, the majority of the work happens in the last month or two anyway. ;)

...Or after. :cheesy:

So, FJK, any news of that challenge idea of yours?

No. I have a feeling that contest will have to stay where it is for now. If something changes down the road, that’ll be a different story.

Fair enough. In that case, is it worth taking a vote on the challenge ideas submitted so far and get that ball rolling?
Better late than never.

retrousse