fiduciary

Author Topic: Introducing Brewboard V3  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
  • Never tell me the odds!
Introducing Brewboard V3
« on: March 12, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »
Introducing The New Brewboard V3 Design!

UPDATE!
Brewboard V3 source files are now available on git Hub!!! The old version 2 has been moved to the release archive, should you still want that version. The source files have been tidied up a bit and the BOM has also been updated.
GitHub - SaberRepublic/Brewboard: Shield for FX-SaberOS

There is now also a Wiki section which I will be slowly adding to as time goes on.
Home · SaberRepublic/Brewboard Wiki · GitHub

Just thought I'd share this here... For any that don't know Brewboard is a Carrier board for homebrew Soundboards, it was designed for Econo-builds and can run with either FX-SaberOS or S.T.R.E.A.M. (free version).

The old design was getting a bit long in the tooth and I had some free time, so I thought it would be good to iterate on the design and make the board a bit better. So here are the changes.

Feature/Change List;
- Interrupt mode is now available for clashes.
- All extra Pins have pads (for folks that want to experiment and add features).
- LED Power Traces are now able to handle a total of 7.8A so Pixel Blades can be safely hooked up to MOSFETs (less drain in deepsleep).
- Power Traces for Pixels removed! Pixel Blade can be wired directly from the battery Positive, and to two or three of the RGB MOSFET pads as mentioned above.
- 4th MOSFET removed to reduce part count.
- Pixel Data Line resistor removed, as it really should be on the blade side (also reduces part count).
- All Pins are now Labelled and should now be large enough to be readable.
- Added a few Vias for better overall grounds.
- Spiffy new logo!
- Now have the option of 2 Firmware solutions FX-SaberOS or S.T.R.E.A.M. (Free Version)

And it's still;
- 100% open-source
- 20.32mm x 69.22mm
- Connects Arduino Nano, DFPlayer, and GY-521(MPU6050) to create a homebrew soundboard
- Supports Neo-Pixel, Star LEDs and *string blades (* with 3 added MOSFETs)
- Resistors for battery level checking
- Dirt Cheap (even with the cost of the Arduino Nano, DFPlayer, and GY-521)

Source files have not been updated on Github yet, and wiring diagrams are currently in the works!

Hope you guys like the changes!
Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:02:54 PM by Kolgrima »

Offline BipeFlyer

• Padawan Learner
  • Taking my first steps into a larger world.
Re: Introducing Brewboard V3
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »
It's great to see this continuing to be improved.  I'm having a lot of fun with the ones I have.

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:49:39 AM »
Great job Jason! They are all needed and smart changes.

Offline inigohe

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 04:07:01 AM »
Regards...
First of all, thx for let me take part of your comunity
Second one,...Im newbie in the scene and just purchased a brewboard 3.0 to be used as electronics in my future homemade hilt.
Then I dont understand how I have to configure SD card properly to an arduino setup using FxSaber Os.

I have the SDCard formated yet...this is easy...(but the rules of how rename the folders,...etc are not at least clear for me!!!)
I have downloaded the github files and read more or less five times the tuto, but not captures or pictures are available, and some info I can understandt correctly.
Can someone place some captures of their setup to understand the process?.
Sorry about my english skill, mates ;)
Thx for your kindly attention.
inigohe
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:14:58 AM by inigohe »

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 11:20:19 PM »
Regards...
First of all, thx for let me take part of your comunity
Second one,...Im newbie in the scene and just purchased a brewboard 3.0 to be used as electronics in my future homemade hilt.
Then I dont understand how I have to configure SD card properly to an arduino setup using FxSaber Os.
I have the SDCard formated yet...this is easy...(but the rules of how rename the folders,...etc are not at least clear for me!!!)
I have downloaded the github files and read more or less five times the tuto, but not captures or pictures are available, and some info I can understandt correctly.
Can someone place some captures of their setup to understand the process?.
Sorry about my english skill, mates ;)
Thx for your kindly attention.
inigohe

I answered this in a PM but in case anyone else gets stuck on this the easiest thing to do is extract and copy the contents of DIYino_Prime_SDCard_image.7z to your SD card;
https://github.com/Protonerd/FX-SaberOS/blob/master/soundfonts/DIYino_Prime_SDCard_image.7z

There is also a guide here;
Prepare SD Card · Protonerd/FX-SaberOS Wiki · GitHub

and if you want to setup your own fonts read here;

Preparing Sounds · Protonerd/FX-SaberOS Wiki · GitHub

Cheers!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 05:45:00 AM »
Hey, Kolgrima, I don't suppose you'd have an STL of a fully loaded Brewboard? I'm trying to plan out a custom 3d printed chassis using a Brewboard, and it sure would help to have something to work from.
Better late than never.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
Have you seen his Open Chassis System? Open Chassis System by Kolgrima - Thingiverse

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 08:06:03 AM »
I have, and I have considered using it, but due to an awkward, not completely straightforward hilt design (the joys of scratchbuilding with raw alum tubing :wink:) OCS doesn't match what I'm looking for, without some modification. And thanks to Autodesk refusing to consider Fusion 360 on Linux, sadly, the parametric stuff for OCS is wasted on me.

Besides that, I already have a semi-modular 3D printable chassis system of my own. All I really need is a 3D model or a some rough measurements of a loaded Brewboard to work with.
Better late than never.

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »
Hey, Kolgrima, I don't suppose you'd have an STL of a fully loaded Brewboard? I'm trying to plan out a custom 3d printed chassis using a Brewboard, and it sure would help to have something to work from.

I Have one for the V2 which is the same general layout as far as the breakout boards are concern. I could update it to the V3 board as well. What software are you using? I already have this in CAD so if you're using Fusion I could give you a .f3d file. I could also export to a .step or a .iges if that serves you better there are a ton of formats I could export it to, as well as .stl of course. Just let me know.

Cheers!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 11:32:41 AM »
Much appreciated. An STL will do fine for my purposes, as I use only the finest 3D modelling software on the planet, TinkerCAD :tongue:

As long as the dimensions of a V2 and V3 are the same, I have no particular preference between the two.
Better late than never.

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »
Much appreciated. An STL will do fine for my purposes, as I use only the finest 3D modelling software on the planet, TinkerCAD :tongue:

As long as the dimensions of a V2 and V3 are the same, I have no particular preference between the two.

They are Identical yes! I've added the files to the repo for any folks that want them.

you can find them here: Brewboard/3dFiles at master · SaberRepublic/Brewboard · GitHub

Happy engineering!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 01:17:44 AM »
Many thanks. This should make design work a lot easier.
Better late than never.

retrousse