fiduciary

Author Topic: eFX Interview with Bryan Ono (MRBryan) @ Rebelscum Forums  (Read 18215 times)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: eFX Interview with Bryan Ono (MRBryan) @ Rebelscum Forums
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 12:28:32 PM »
This is all very interesting. The Hasbro actually makes me abit suspicious, I get these cold shivers whenever I hear the word Hasbro, since it's such a major company and well-known for making tons of cheap toys for kids and can they make the same kinda quality items that MR used to create, will there be enough dedication and love toward these items. The participate is this, EFX sounds alot better and we might get some goodies from that line, but Hasbro  :P

Offline Atomic

• No Force
    • MERC
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »
I think the key thing here is to realize that eFX sounds like people who know what fans want (from their track record).

Yes, Hasbro has the MR Force FX Saber line, but they bought a manufacturing plant. No way they took that over with the intention of mass producing with the dies and molds they have and calling it a day. The fact that 21 (is that right?) sabers have been produced, says that the whole production line can be retooled for new products.

But, I agree with Chancelor Palpatine. I'm not looking to Hasbro to put out the good stuff. I think Force FX Sabers will drop in quality (materials used) and price.

BUT, on to the good stuff! The same line can also be tooled to run higher quality, more accurate, more expensive limited runs as well.

I'm semi-new to the saber world. How many 1 led power-up sabers did MR make? 1, right? The Radio Shack one. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, more info will only help). Well, look at the video on the Toy Teq page: http://www.toyteq.com/light.mov

That looks like the prototype to a long line of upgraded sabers. eFX are no dummies. If it was us, wouldn't you design a quality Saber, built well with a eye to detail and a decent cost for stock, but designed in it's guts to be modified by the fans who are going to end up trying to collect them?

Look at it this way, if money was no object...

Generic parent X was Xmas shopping, they might buy a pair of sabers for their kids to beat on each other with.

Not us! We'd buy one to leave in the box, one to display stock, and one, minimum to mod the heck out of... and that of just ONE style of saber!

I am looking forward to what eFX has to put out!
----------
Atomic

Offline Phatman

• Force User
    • myspace page
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 04:03:39 PM »
Look at it this way, if money was no object...

Generic parent X was Xmas shopping, they might buy a pair of sabers for their kids to beat on each other with.

Not us! We'd buy one to leave in the box, one to display stock, and one, minimum to mod the heck out of... and that of just ONE style of saber!

I am looking forward to what eFX has to put out!

But there are many many more Generic Parents than us lightsaber enthusiasts.  I think our demographic is much better met by the likes of Yoda, Ultra, Hyper, etc than Hasbro.  The market just isn't big enough for them to scale to Hasbro's size and that's a good thing.  Let Hasbro pump out sub-$80 lightsabers.  I'd be more interested in a higher quality product even if it costs more.

It's still a good sign that somebody is going to be mass producing lightsabers if only to introduce more people to the custom / semi-custom builders.

retrousse