fiduciary

Author Topic: Rey's weapon of choice...?  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
Rey's weapon of choice...?
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »
So I'm assuming that Rey's new weapon will be a light saber. What color do you think it'll be? I heard rumors that it will be purple or pink. Thoughts?
Fly Casual.

Offline NanoRex

• No Force
  • "But now, we must eat! Come!"
Re: Rey's weapon of choice...?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »
I honestly think it should be a classic green or blue. However one of the first things that went through my head after seeing the movie is that she could have a saberstaff seeing as he is clearly already quite adept with a staff...it's unlikely to happen, but it would make sense :)

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
I honestly think it should be a classic green or blue. However one of the first things that went through my head after seeing the movie is that she could have a saberstaff seeing as he is clearly already quite adept with a staff...it's unlikely to happen, but it would make sense :)

Not a bad idea there. I'm also hoping it's a green or blue. The staff idea would be pretty neat too to see how that would work in combat. I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Fly Casual.

Offline Derro Kuspin

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 02:41:52 PM »
Why do you think, she will need another saber, when she already has the Graflex? According to Maz Kanata, it's meant to be hers now. She is offering to give it back to to Luke, obviously - but I think he will tell her to keep it. As for his own weapon - I think he should still have his RotJ saber. Or do you think, she will make her own as part of her Jedi training?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:15:24 PM by Derro Kuspin »

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »
Why do you think, she will need another saber, when she already has the Graflex? According to Maz Kanata, it's meant to be hers now. She is offering to give it back to to Luke, obviously - but I think he will tell her to keep it. As for his own weapon - I think he should still have his ESB saber. Or do you think, she will make her own as part of her Jedi training?

she will probably have her own in episode 9, but for now the graflex is hers

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »
I don't know how bothered script-writers will be, but you are not a Jedi until you HAVE made your own. But yeah, it might not happen for a while, if at all. I can imagine that the graflex will be damaged or lost (with her hand?) yet again, forcing her to complete her training properly.

I would love for her to use a staff, personally, maybe converting the one she already has.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:45:47 PM by TheBaconWizard »

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »
i say blue or yellow
http://

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 11:19:17 PM »
My guess is that Luke will tell her to keep the Graflex until she is ready to build her own.  If Luke uses a saber himself, I would love to see him brandish his trusty V2 again. 

Offline SithSim

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 08:04:54 PM »
I think she will hold on to the Graflex  for a little, but  I can't see Disney missing the opportunity  of  coming up with a new saber hilt design  or making the Force Pike/saber pike since she is already so efficient  with her staff.  I know Dart Maul and others  have used a  saber staff  but we have seen it and its old news. But a new saber pike/staff  that has a light blade at one end and that is made out of some metal that is  lightsaber blade resistant maybe different and have everyone reacting just like we did  when we 1st saw Kylo's saber.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »
I hope that if she does get a new saber they show her constructing it as part of her training.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
I hope that if she does get a new saber they show her constructing it as part of her training.

I love that concept! A saber Pike made of cortosis (light saber resistant metal) would be unique and quite deadly. As she is already skilled with a staff, it would seem to be a great progression for Rey. As for color of the blade, I say classic
Jedi Blue or Green. Then again, if she has a double bladed saber staff, maybe each blade will be Green and Blue.

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »
i really think shell just use the graflex luke will prob just tell her to keep it
http://

Offline Jdubs

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »
I hope they have her construct a new saber.

retrousse