fiduciary

Author Topic: Messaging system not very user friendly  (Read 1766 times)

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Messaging system not very user friendly
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
Hi, I noticed that when receiving messages it simply "dumps" all messages in one long thread. I'm a member of various forums online and work in software testing. I can see that there is an attempt to organise messages by Subject at the very top of the messaging section but clicking a particular message simply bumps the page downwards to that message, but with no indication of the conversations with that person prior to that.

My experience of most forums is that messages are organised by the Subject title and the user they were sent by, as well as showing your own replies to those messages so you can see the entire conversation quite easily. I find it quite frustrating here because I have to manually click to receive a record of my outgoing message while still having the issue of trying to discover which conversation someone might be replying to.

I may not have given it enough time but each time I want to send/read a message it's not been very easy to do so.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:37:08 AM by IceSaber »

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: Messaging system not very user friendly
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »
Okay I've found an option in "Modify profile" on my user which lets me organise messages by conversation. It also has a tick box to enable automatically saving sent messages too. Using both of those options achieves what I was after. I really think that should be the default but its there anyway.

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
Re: Messaging system not very user friendly
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:05:35 AM »
I agree... 
It is the default in the next version of the software. However with this version it is merely a user option, sorry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:19:44 PM by DARTH VADER »

retrousse