fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex 2.0 complete!  (Read 18011 times)

Offline Yubnub

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Graflex 2.0 complete!
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »
Really pleased with the finished item. However, none of my small hex bits fit the tiny mushroom socket head screws for the clamp and blade chassis.

does anyone know the bit size and the proper method of disassembly to get the blade chassis out? Buttons out, brass pins out, clamp off....?

Thanks for your help!

Offline clahey83

• Force User
Re: Graflex 2.0 complete!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:12:32 AM »
from what ive seen in the pics others have posted, its actually a torx (star) bit that is needed for those screws

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
Really pleased with the finished item. However, none of my small hex bits fit the tiny mushroom socket head screws for the clamp and blade chassis.

does anyone know the bit size and the proper method of disassembly to get the blade chassis out? Buttons out, brass pins out, clamp off....?

Thanks for your help!

have any pictures of the finished product?
http://

Offline Yubnub

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 12:53:16 PM »
Couple of mods done to get it more TFA (short grips etc) and a few burrs here and there.

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
Couple of mods done to get it more TFA (short grips etc) and a few burrs here and there.

wow looks sweet where did you get that clamp card from im trying to find a gold one as well
http://

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 03:45:11 PM »
Nice job! And I hadn't noticed that the grips are shorter at the bottom til reading this and checking out some pics. Good to know!  :wink:

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »
 :huh: :huh:

wow looks nice.

Offline Yubnub

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 01:52:48 AM »
from what ive seen in the pics others have posted, its actually a torx (star) bit that is needed for those screws

It is definitely a hex socket, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is a torx bit that'd fit. It's just so close to all the small bits I have... just not close enough!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:58:19 AM by Yubnub »

Offline Yubnub

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 01:57:22 AM »
wow looks sweet where did you get that clamp card from im trying to find a gold one as well

Card is from Roy at Wannawanga.com. I'd get a kobold D-ring too whilst you're there. The one supplied is a bit too shiny (for my liking anyway.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:00:40 AM by Yubnub »

Offline Yubnub

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:27 AM »
So, does anyone out there know how to fully strip this down when it comes to fitting electronics and button wiring?

Cheers guys.

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
So, does anyone out there know how to fully strip this down when it comes to fitting electronics and button wiring?

Cheers guys.

well im no expert at this seeing as i just started thins kind of thing but ive simply taken a led holder from tcss and sanded down the six corners just enough so it fits in the upper half an theres plenty of clearance to pass the 2 switch wires past the LED

so as far as im aware theres no reason to strip it to insatall the electronics if anyone has something better feel free im sure theres several ways to go about this

Offline Scottm2815

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:29 AM »

Cheers guys.

well im no expert at this seeing as i just started thins kind of thing but ive simply taken a led holder from tcss and sanded down the six corners just enough so it fits in the upper half an theres plenty of clearance to pass the 2 switch wires past the LED

so as far as im aware theres no reason to strip it to insatall the electronics if anyone has something better feel free im sure theres several ways to go about this

I was under the impression you have to strip it down but that's because I was planning on following JDunn's/ Socalsabers build guide. I.e needing to install a heatsink retension screw etc.?
I've bought a 7/8" heatsink for mine so it's likely I will need to strip it down.
Yubnub check out Socalsabers guide on facebook, Jordan is a great guy and has posted pics of his build log, however I'm not sure there is a piece by piece guide to striping the Graflex down. Should be fairly simple to do though and mainly involves removing the brass pins and an Alan screw I think?

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 08:58:25 PM »
haha should of thought of getting a 7/8 heat sink i had a 1 inch  one and ground it down and got it to fit took some work but everything fits like a glove 

Offline Scottm2815

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 02:05:39 AM »
haha should of thought of getting a 7/8 heat sink i had a 1 inch  one and ground it down and got it to fit took some work but everything fits like a glove

Well if it work that's the main thing. I'm now intrigued as to how you've done your build Ken. If I can get away with not taking mine apart that would be great!

Offline Yubnub

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 05:14:14 AM »
Yubnub check out Socalsabers guide on facebook, Jordan is a great guy and has posted pics of his build log, however I'm not sure there is a piece by piece guide to striping the Graflex down. Should be fairly simple to do though and mainly involves removing the brass pins and an Alan screw I think?

I'll take a look thanks! seen a few builds of the 2.0 now (still no one mentioned the hex size) one using the TCSS discs and one from DarthRyo on shapeways. He's got loads of printed chassis' and a reveal chamber option too! looks great but i'm trying to keep it simple (and cheap) however...none of that matters as there are no sound boards to buy anywhere!!

also, shipping to UK...wow!  ...anyone know of EU or UK palces?

Will probably go with chassis components from Shapeways and source most of the other stuff from here. But that NBv3 is looking very enticing!

retrousse