fiduciary

Author Topic: Is this the place where we can talk about products produced by some people?  (Read 6117 times)

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
So is this the place to review products and talk about N*** C********, S**** F****, or U**** S******?

If so, cool.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Information will be posted soon, and there will be guidelines for posting as well.

Please hold off posting until they are made available.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
So is this the place to review products and talk about N*** C********, S**** F****, or U**** S******?

If so, cool.

Information will be posted soon, and there will be guidelines for posting as well.

It is a day that will be long remembered when the Bounty Hunter says, "Hold your fire, there aren't any life forms on board" :D

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User

If so, cool.

It is a day that will be long remembered when the Bounty Hunter says, "Hold your fire, there aren't any life forms on board" :D

Guess that means they really DO pay by the laser.

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
so... is this the place to review products by certain companies?
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

• Master Force User
Supposedly, yet the here-to-fore mentioned info on how is yet to be posted.  nearly 2 weeks ago.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30011.msg413889#msg413889

Current site policy.
Until this changes, this section will remain as a placeholder.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
Josh,

I think some individuals might need it clarified. I for one do.  The topic states that legal matters cannot be spoken about regarding those companies, but it doesn't say any conversation involving their products is prohibited.

Could you clarify so that we may better understand the current state of the site?  There may be people who come to the forum and may not be privy to the past occurences with the companies and may sincerely be looking for info from anyone who may own an Overlord, Raven, etc.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Forums being an interactive discussion/conversation, where members may post their opinion on the topic posted by the OP....well to be frank the negative ones can have legal consequences for the site and possibly the poster :-X :o

How is fair or right that only positive reviews may be posted vs. negative ones be removed? It's not.
So our current state for the site is none posted.

• Master Force User
So, you can review non-guild/non-mining colony builders/suppliers here (like mouser, or e-bay builders that aren't on FX as a producer or business front).

You cannot currently review folks who are currently on the "no fly list," 

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: Is this the place where we can talk about products produced by some people?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
That would be an adequate assessment of the current situation.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 03:48:03 PM »
Just got back from Knoxville training some Jiu-Jitsu and saw the post and the PM Josh.  Thanks man, I just wanted to understand better.

I didn't think negative review, if founded upon sound logic, could put the site in a legal quandry.

i.e. shipping issues, weak connections in wiring, etc. 

I guess I was thinking of the more concrete parts of the review and not the subjective.

Thanks man, I'll try and call you tomorrow.  Honestly very sore tonight ... LOL

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »

I didn't think negative review, if founded upon sound logic, could put the site in a legal quandry.

Anything at all posted by anyone on any subject can put any site in a legal quandry since in your legal system anyone can get a lawyer to file a lawsuit at any time for any reason or no reason at all. It may not have any merit nor any chance of winning but the simple ability to file and thus force a site owner to incur the real expense of a lawyer to defend themself can be used as a bully-tactic threat to intimidate that owner into not allowing any discussion of any subject that they have been threatened by a litigious person about. It is therefore unfortunate imo when the use of intimidating legal threats creates a 'chilling effect' on forums but we should be understanding that by the owner acceding to such bully tactics the posters on the site remain able to discuss other subjects which that bully allows, until other bullies do likewise anyway.

I'm NOT saying that is an adequate assessment of the current situation since I don't know what that is - rather just a general observation on the 'art' of intimidation from someone with a looooooonnng history being abused by many types of bully tactics of bullies of many types -sigh-.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »
Thank you for that ... er ... comment full of what sounded like circumlocution.  LOL ... jokingly it definitely took me around in circles and definitely read like one of my law texts.   ;)

I understand QUITE fully about the ability in the U.S. for anyone to sue for any reason.  It is quite disheartening.

I was NOT questioning Josh at any point as to why we couldn't talk about the products.  I was asking for clarification as to if certain topics were not allowed, or if ANYTHING involving those who are "persona non grata" is not allowed.

I wholely support the decisions of Mike, Sam, Andrew, Josh, LDM, and all the others that work diligently to run the board.

As far as succumbing to the "bully tactic", believe me I understand this quite clearly as well ... my wife being the owner of our martial arts school.  Talk about a business where liability is always at the forefront.  However, we don't worry everyday about hurting someone's feelings by saying something wrong.  Could I be sued ... yeah like you said.  You can get papers filed for looking at someone the wrong way.  but I don't worry about it.  If that time comes, I will very gladly walk into small claims court to represent my wife and I in a frivolous lawsuit, and if it would be a larger lawsuit, that is what a countersuit for wrongful prosecution is for to help cover your lawyer costs.  ;)

Saying product XYZ is great for blah blah blah, but has very bad blah blah blah in my opinion is much different than saying "product XYZ sucks".  honestly, i have not look into the legal ramifications, but in my mind the same correlation can be made about the Reviews one would read on Amazon.com, Best Buy, Wal Mart, or any other retailer where people give their opinions yet cannot be held liable by the retailer for said opinion. 

That is how I viewed this section.

*shrug* my honest opinion and observation.  but i fully support my former brothers and sisters of the Council.   :D

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
I fully support the decisions of the administration and staff of this great site as well. They "will do what I [they] must" to keep the forum open and that is a good thing imo.

It is unfortunate if anything members might say in any review posted here would be deemed as representing anything more than our own opinion...imo it ought to be obvious that anything said on any online forum by its general public membership is the expression of nothing else but the posters personal opinion not necessarily representing that of the site, its administrator(s) or staff [etc etc disclaimer-ese ad nauseum]. Certainly I would not want anyone to ever think I speak for anyone but myself, nor to cause any trouble for anyone else because of any mistaken impression that I did. So if that possibility exists as a potential legal problem then the decision of the Council to restrict certain topics or from discussion here is a wise one - again, imo.

[Why do I feel like that episode of The Good Wife with the Judge who demands that the lawyers begin every sentence and end every sentence with "in my opinion" eh? LOL]
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse