fiduciary

Author Topic: Parks MPP Shroud  (Read 4390 times)

Offline acrylicsuperman

• Force User
Parks MPP Shroud
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:16:38 AM »
A while back, I purchased a Parks MPP Shroud for a 1.5" sink tube saber. Originally it was going to be just a hilt, but i caught the fever.  ;)
I've never built a saber before so all of this is new to me. I've been using google and various forum searches but can't find the answer I'm looking for. Hoping someone more experienced could help me.
I plan to replace the thumb screw that came stock with a longer one for a blade retention screw. I've been looking at a TCSS 8-32 x 1/2" replacement. I want to make sure I do everything as close to right as possible the first time. Taking this one while unemployed is a money set back no matter how small the price.
Does anyone know what thread size the parks thumb screw is?

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
Re: Parks MPP Shroud
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »
Take the screw that you have now to you local hardware store.  Ask them that you need a replacemnt screw but longer and they should tell you what you have. Either that or retap the existing hole to use the correct TCSS screw.  If you cannot retap you could try filling the exisitng hole with JB Weld and wait for it to cure and then redrill and retap.

Note: This will not be as strong as the original metal so I would suggest finding a longer screw/different screw if it has a different thread than the TCSS screw.

retrousse