fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars TV Series???  (Read 38644 times)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
Re: Star Wars TV Series???
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »
The series now has a working title: Underground.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=85791

Ugh... This is what happens when I'm running on fumes lol But I really hope they finally start showing us some progress sometime soon. They need to keep fan interested, which they aren't going a good job at imho.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:21:33 AM by SHAAK TI »
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2012, 06:41:11 AM »
Why what happened?

Personally I like the "Underworlds" idea. I have said several times here. If you want to make not just a good StarWars show, but a good show period then you scrap main characters from the films, you go light on the jedi and sith, what you do show is the common denizens of the galaxy, the criminals, bounty hunters, soldiers, imperial senators, etc. All the meanwhile you have the newborn Empire increasing its hold on the galaxy in the backdrop. You let slip mentionings of major events we can pick up on and mentionings of Emperor Palpatine, and his black suited terror, but don't really show them.

Again I will point to HBOs Rome, that is the model to base this show off of. That show followed 2 soldiers around, for the most part, meanwhile MAJOR events of history occured all around them, it was done perfectly.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
Could have story lines with Black Sun, trips to the Out Rim and Uknown Regions, chases, battles, etc, etc. There is a lot of possibilities - and they said there is over 50 really good scripts. I guess we'll have to wait and see...but I don't wanna wait too much longer! lol
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »
I have heard one script actually has the TV show as a Sit-Com based in the Star Wars galaxy. I will say it now. If that EVER comes to fruition I will sell off all my sabers and forget I ever was a Star Wars fan.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »
I sure hope thats a joke...or a REJECTED script...cuz the only thing that could be worse is 'Star Wars The Musical, by Andrew Lloyd Webber' [eek!].

I watched both the interviews and the thing they say is holding them back is virtual sets and conspicuously the cost-effective ability to do large numbers of computer generated characters...put 2 + 2 together with the title "Underworld" and it sounds to me like they want to set this on Nal Hutta with a 'cast of thousands' - of HUTTS. Sorry Unca George but thousands of Hutt criminals worm-squirming across Nal Hutta isnt cool to me. Even if its the underlevels of Coruscant with thousands of weird aliens I don't want to see this focused around criminals because that just isnt the GRANDEUR of Star Wars.

I would indeed like it to be more like HBO's "Rome" [admixed with "The Borgias"] but not like "The Sopranos". Not focused on the known characters I agree but with BIG themes around falling Republic virtues and rising repressions of the Empire, not a focus on small minded lowlives pursuing petty crimes...that might appeal to some ADHD-generation semiliterate gangsta-rap loving, GTA-playing muggles but it ISN'T STAR WARS.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User

Grayven "Original"

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
"...“Underworld” suggests that the series will focus on the galaxy’s sordid demimonde. “Absolutely,” McCallum confirms. “Expect a lot of smugglers, gangsters, bounty hunters, and a few Wall Street-type power brokers..."

"sordid" = LOWBROW.

YUK.  :(  :'(  >:(
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »
I think that works actually.

It should be dark and gritty. Give it a TV MA rating and lets see the side of the star wars galaxy you were to afraid to show in theaters.

I am pretty on board with this idea.

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
My issue with those two vids and the commentary provided is this:  Star Trek made 25 YEARS of television shows for less than 5 million an episode.  (not counting the original series in that span)  And for anyone whose watched the 4 years of Enterprise you'd know that it's quite easy to make new aliens, new worlds and new plotlines.   And since you don't require any actors that are high-dollar prima donnas you can afford to save a few bucks on them.  I think GL is so bent on making things perfect in his mind that this will never come to fruition.  And if it does I'm sure we'll see a long story arc about Gungans....

As long as that story arc ended with a sith lord, wielding 2 saber staffs, and a pile of dead Jar-Jars; "Mesa thinking we'sa all about to be dead-o!"

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2012, 07:24:34 AM »
I always thought TFU would have made a good storyline for a series.  And since Sam Witwer already has a good following as both a television actor and as Starkiller, you've got a good basis to start with.  Plus it's a darker, grittier story.  A side to Star Wars that you seldom see.  And the internal struggle of Galen trying to decide whether to follow the path of the Sith or the Jedi makes for interesting turmoil in your lead character.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2012, 08:25:27 AM »
I always thought TFU would have made a good storyline for a series.  And since Sam Witwer already has a good following as both a television actor and as Starkiller, you've got a good basis to start with.  Plus it's a darker, grittier story.  A side to Star Wars that you seldom see.  And the internal struggle of Galen trying to decide whether to follow the path of the Sith or the Jedi makes for interesting turmoil in your lead character.

I'd go with that, IF, you tone down his uber force powers, scrap the main plot line from TFU 1, IE: Galen does not die, doesn't start the Rebel Alliance and is not more powerful than Vader.

I've given it some thought. What I think would be really cool is to really go on the inside of the Storm Trooper corps. I mean the sith and the Empire are evil sure, but your average trooper on the front line is fighting for his empire, some may be conscripts or enlisted men, but to them the Rebels may be "terrorists" or "insurgants" I think it would be really cool to see the civil war from that perspective. And it would provide an interesting comparison to the real world and history. Thoughts? Do I need to go write this script myself to avoid Lucasfilms mucking it up?

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
Ya, the plotline I'd stick with for TFU is before he "starts" the Alliance while he is Vader's personal assassin. Going around the galaxy eliminating Vader's enemies.  You could tie in Vader's feud with Black Sun to give SK a constant list of enemies to deal with. Make it early enough in his career that he is still building his powers, learning his own limits.

I agree that he shouldn't be more powerful than Vader, but I don't think toning down his abilities is quite the right concept, keep the "Unleashed" aspect of it.  Show us some RAW Force power. Make the big displays like he does in the game.  Show us what a powerful Force user can REALLY do when he is p***ed off.

Perhaps create a Jedi counterpart that is on SK trail trying to eliminate him as well.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
Well If they went with the Galen TFU story line, they could always show him as being friendly with his flight captian, and a few gaurds (who are normal soldiers) and still give the perspective of the rebellion being terrorists from those additional cast members.

Galen to his pilot "So why do you hate the rebellion so much."

Pilot "They tried to kill my father! oil? Who said anything about oil?"

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
With Lucas speaking about retiring and his waiting for a cheaper way to do it I don't see it ever happening on his watch.

Offline Ramphastid

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
As much as i'd like to see one...I cant help but think anything more with Star Wars slapped on it with further ruin the franchise.

retrousse