fiduciary

Author Topic: Southern Ontario?  (Read 21646 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
Re: Southern Ontario?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
they guys are right here right now working on the deck. once thats all done, its BBQ time at my place.

ill send out an invitation once its all complete.  ;D

sorry, typo, i meant to say "the guys are working on my deck right now as we speak" (contractors).  once its all done, its BBQ time at my place.  hehehehe.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 12:00:02 PM »
What would you guys say is the best config. settings for the PC 1.5 so that it is extra sensitive for swings and clashes?

i am trying to customize my PC so it would be super easy to have clash and swing sounds without having to break the house down  ;D

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »
What would you guys say is the best config. settings for the PC 1.5 so that it is extra sensitive for swings and clashes?

i am trying to customize my PC so it would be super easy to have clash and swing sounds without having to break the house down  ;D

I read what Sollus said in the other thread.  I'd go with his suggestion.  Best thing you can do is to remove the clash sensor from the board and relocate it to another location in the hilt.  Probably close to the emitter.  Then just run a couple leads from it back to the main board.

(This is a common issue with many boards.  The most notorious for this is the MR boards.)

Problem is, we all make our sabers so shock proof to hold up to dueling, that by the time we're done, the clash sensor isn't getting enough feedback to do its job properly.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »

I read what Sollus said in the other thread.  I'd go with his suggestion.  Best thing you can do is to remove the clash sensor from the board and relocate it to another location in the hilt.  Probably close to the emitter.  Then just run a couple leads from it back to the main board.

(This is a common issue with many boards.  The most notorious for this is the MR boards.)

Problem is, we all make our sabers so shock proof to hold up to dueling, that by the time we're done, the clash sensor isn't getting enough feedback to do its job properly.

thanks Keil, yeah, i gotta play around with it more. thanks for the good advice. xxx you sabers, xxx YOU!!! <waves fist in the air>

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »
Hello all. Nice to see a Ontario thread. I have often contemplated what it would be like to meet and greet some fellow saber enthusiasts. Swap idea's, tips, showcase custom sabers and all that good stuff. I live in London. If some of you do indeed plan on gathering and whatnot I hope it gets listed here. time permitting I would definitely stop in.

Cheers

- Impa

FX-Sabers Yoda's Vintage Graflex V - CFv5
Orbital Machining Wat's Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM #36 - CFv5
Harp's Darth Maul TPM battle damage - CFv6.5
RO's Starkiller weathered - CFv7
MH's LS6 ROTJ Luke Hero - PCu1.6
Dark Navel's LS6 ROTJ Luke V2 - PC2.0

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
Hello all. Nice to see a Ontario thread. I have often contemplated what it would be like to meet and greet some fellow saber enthusiasts. Swap idea's, tips, showcase custom sabers and all that good stuff. I live in London. If some of you do indeed plan on gathering and whatnot I hope it gets listed here. time permitting I would definitely stop in.

Cheers

- Impa

you got it Impa.

ill make sure ill send out an email to everyone and see who can make it. it will be fun. we all bring our sabers, we can order some pizza, have a few drinks. duel. we can wait till it gets dark and then the sabers will show even better. it will be awesome.

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 07:21:54 AM »
Great sounds good!

Cheers -

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »
Impa, you have a pretty impressive collection of sabers there bud.  did you every show them in a gallery or have pictures of them?  i would love to check out your collection.

i have a few sabers but not to the level of caliber you have.

dude, post some pics. i would love to see some of them.  ;D

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »
Well sadly i don't have an adequate camera to show off my sabers :( Trying to remedy that so i can do my review for the Orbital machining Obi-wan i have recently purchased. Also I don't have my Corran horn yet :) But you can check out my little Gallery of my fail Camera phone pics. and the original postings from the smiths that made them.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=34912.0

Also i put up a little vid of something else i am interested in. Non-Starwars related :)

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35860.msg483687#msg483687

Cheers man

- Impa
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:28:38 PM by impa »

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
wow, nice, very nice.

love the glove, man that is so cool.

yes, please get like a really good camera and take some pictures of all your sabers.

im going to do the same, i asked my father-in-law to build me a shelf to vertically hold all my hilts (no blade)

so ill take pictures of that soon once he finishes. its going to be a nice dark brown/cherry brown wood.

it will be like a really nice display case with lights etc. i cant wait. he is busy now but when he is free, he will build it for me.

you have a really nice collection so far from what i can see.

love the graflex too, so you bought that one right?  cause the video it says up for sale, hahahaha, so im guessing that was the one you bought off the other guy.

very nice.

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »
Thanks for the compliments.  Yes the graflex IV i purchased off DS was his original sale thread. i am guessing the video you are asking about is the one on his for sale posting? It was just a referance so people could view his pics as i don't have the ability to post any of decent quality. I will definitely remedy that soon though!

Sounds good a display case is the way to go. I want to build my own horizontal version probably with two tiers. Enough length, width and height so i can place stands in it, possibly with a mirrored back and some nice wood as a base. I am currently using a old china cabinet someone was tossing. Serves it's purpose for the time being, but yeah it takes up a lot of room.

And thank you for the comments on my gauntlet. It took a lot of time to render this from original sketch to cutting to shaping to riveting. Was an awesome project. And i do intend to continue.

i look forward to seeing what you have in your own collection.

Cheers

- Impa

Offline GuardianKex

• No Force
  • "Go Padawan. You must walk a different path."
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm new here and I would like this to happen. I live in Brantford, and would be willing to drive to Toronto if there were going to be enough people to have this club or whatever. But are there any new(er) members in this area? looks like we have about 4 or 5, are there any  others?
"Go Padawan. You must walk a different path."
~Jedi Knight Rando Kex

Offline Darth Draenen

• No Force
  • The only Mandalorian Sith Lord
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 08:08:07 AM »
Maybe we could all pay a bit to get a spot at the cne for the fanexpo next year.
Either that or we could start small with a facebook page lol
"The savagery of the Sith is uncanny, I will bring order to the Sith court, to bring chaos to the galaxy." -Lord Draenen

Offline Darth Draenen

• No Force
  • The only Mandalorian Sith Lord
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 08:08:50 AM »
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm new here and I would like this to happen. I live in Brantford, and would be willing to drive to Toronto if there were going to be enough people to have this club or whatever. But are there any new(er) members in this area? looks like we have about 4 or 5, are there any  others?

Im in brantford as well
"The savagery of the Sith is uncanny, I will bring order to the Sith court, to bring chaos to the galaxy." -Lord Draenen

Offline Kevroar

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 06:40:57 PM »
did the facebook page happen?

retrousse