fiduciary

Author Topic: Ki-Adi-Mundi's Luke ESB LED (2005) Review  (Read 7638 times)

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
Ki-Adi-Mundi's Luke ESB LED (2005) Review
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »
What can I say this saber is one of the best. I'll start of by telling you my story, which isn't that long hahaha. I came on to these forums late night on Dec. 2 around 12 or 1 am. I see something posted about Luke ESB is up for resale. I told my dad about it and he just said cool and left haha. Then I told my mom and she was like "do you really need another one of these things?" I then told her "Look mom, this is a Luke ESB....ESB!!! These things are rare and I need one." She said "You know you still have to pay for your first one" I said "I know, I know but I do have the money." So she gave me her credit card and I was on my way to buying a Luke ESB. I ordered it and it processed around Dec. 5 which wasn't bad for time. I was eagerly awaiting it, hoping all these things people were sayig about their sabers they ordered from MR didn't come and stuff. I checked the status everyday and it was estimated to come on Dec. 7, which by the way was 5 days ago. It was alot faster than TSV which took around 2 weeks to get it to me. I thought it would finally come today seeing as it was Monday and that's usually when my sabers arrive. I walked in the door after school today and I see a long thin box there. I was like it that it? IT has too be? But I thought I don't know it seems shorter then the other box, but it was just my eyes teasing me. I started dancing and singing "my saber is here, my saber is here" hahaha :D don't laugh I know all of you do this too. I rushed it into the kitchen (very carefully rushing) and got a knife to cut teh tape. The thing that was racing my mind was "please don't be damaged." I opened it and it was beautiful, I ran downstairs and got my Luke ROTJ batteries to put in my Luke ESB. I popped them in and away she went. It was perfect in everyway, the color, the ignition, the sound was ok but not as loud as others. I think it is because their isn't as many holes as others and it was like the first LED saber out, I think. I wobbled it and it started to creak, then I thought UH-OH. My blade was more wobbly then the other sabers I had held. I asked others if this was normal and they said nope, but I think I am just paranoid because now it basically has gone away. The thing that I loved best is the color and ignition. The ignition seems slower then an ROTJ and the blue seems lighter then the Anakin ROTS. I love this baby and will charish it until it dies.

Pros
-Very nice blue color
-Ignition is slower and seems better then others
-Limited and is the oldest LED saber I think
-It's from The Empire Strikes Back which is the best S-Wars film
-It is Luke's first saber (that he recieved not made)

Cons
-Sometimes I turn it on by accident
-My blade seems looser then others
-The sound isn't that loud

As you have read I am very happy with my new saber, and if you are deciding on getting this saber then I would say go for it.

EDIT*

http://media.putfile.com/Luke-ESB-LED-2005
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 05:36:48 AM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: Ki-Adi-Mundi's Luke ESB LED (2005) Review
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 05:19:34 PM »
Great Adi, I can really feel your enthusiasm from this review. Very delicious personal review. Thanks...  ;)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:20:10 PM »
Great review.  I agree the only problem is that the sounds are very low, if they were as loud as the Anakin ROTS, I think that the Luke ESB would be the greatest saber ever made.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »
Great review.  I agree the only problem is that the sounds are very low, if they were as loud as the Anakin ROTS, I think that the Luke ESB would be the greatest saber ever made.

I'm just curious how loud is it compared to Mace AOTC? Hopefully not as quiet. And something really started to bother me. I was just thinking about the movies and the Luke's saber. How loud were the Luke's saber sounds in the The Empire Strikes Back movie?  ???

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 05:25:37 PM »
Great Adi, I can really feel your enthusiasm from this review. Very delicious personal review. Thanks... ;)

Thanks man I am really excited by this saber and I would reccomend this saber to anyone, but not as their first because this one you need to take extra handling with.

Totally agree with you. Too bad they aren't as sturdy as the Anakin ROTS either. I would still prefer the Luke ESB over the Anakin ROTS. For dueling I would want Anakin because it is newer and won't get as damaged but the Luke ESB is more of a collector's item.

I'm just curious how loud is it compared to Mace AOTC? Hopefully not as quiet. And something really started to bother me. I was just thinking about the movies and the Luke's saber. How loud were the Luke's saber sounds in the The Empire Strikes Back movie? ???

I don't know how loud they are compared to the Mace AOTC, maybe someone else will care to answer that for Hamill. I think they were pretty loud in The Empire Strikes Back movie.

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 05:31:28 PM »
From what I know the Luke ESB and Mace AOTC are the same volume in sounds, I say as compared to the Mace ROTS, the Mace is louder.  Now back to the movie comment, the Vader saber is louder than Luke's saber and the ESB is my fav movie and I know every little detail about it.  The one thing I noticed right away about the Vader ESB is the sounds are taken right from them movie I mean right from the movie.  The other I think I have unique movie but I think the ESB sabers are closer to the actual studio produced sounds than any other.  And I did some more research the Luke ROTJ has the same idle hum as in the movie listen closely to the saber and then the movie
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 07:34:32 PM »
My blade was more wobbly then the other sabers I had held.

I noticed this on mine, also. At first I figured it was because the blade was mounted further back in the hilt and then passed through the "rabbit ear band", unlike the Anakin ROTS in which the "band" is part of the hilt.  upon further inspection I think the "wobble" comes from a smaller diameter tube on the older sabers.  Can anyone with the other Gen 2 sabers back me up on this? 

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 07:41:52 PM »
Awesome review Ki-Adi, congrats on having on of the best FX saber ever made. I'm very happy with mine and MR saved me a lot of money  ;)

Offline Littlegymm

• Force User
  • Dude....
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 07:46:20 PM »
can't wai for this to come.
I also have a discontinued Master Replicas Chuck Norris Cowboy Hat From Walker: Texas Ranger that totally doesn't exist.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 09:31:51 PM »
what makes Luke's ESB so great??????
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 07:54:39 PM »
I don't know, it's almost as if the force runs throught them. hahaha Hold one and you'll see, but beware these are all opinions, not actual facts. I would say it is the best collector's item, it isn't the best for dueling and sound. There are pros and cons, but I like mine and I think the Luke ESB is my favourite.

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 11:33:45 PM »
I'm just curious how loud is it compared to Mace AOTC? Hopefully not as quiet. And something really started to bother me. I was just thinking about the movies and the Luke's saber. How loud were the Luke's saber sounds in the The Empire Strikes Back movie?  ???

Master Syfo is pretty spot on with the Mace AOTC and Luke ESB sounds, though I had the impression that the Luke was a little louder.
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 11:53:59 PM »
I finally have a video up but the hosting site makes the sound off a bit. I am trying to post it into a better site like putfile but I can't for some reason, I type in all my info and the button isn't sticking out, like able to push. the quality also on zippyvideos isn't as great as it should be. I will make more videos and try to find a way to upload them onto putfile. Other than that the site the video's sound is timed way better and has fairly good quality. Bare with me for a while until I can get it onto putfile.

Offline Dustil Onasi

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »
Nice Review!

Hmmm When You Disignited the saber in the Video The Power Down Was Rather Very fast!
Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »
Ya I don't know in real life it is nice and goes more smoother then my Luke ROTJ though. But thanks for the compliment bud.

retrousse