fiduciary

Author Topic: Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM and Dooku ROTS FX Pictures With Video (On 1st page)  (Read 150538 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Re: Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM and Dooku ROTS FX Pictures With Video (On 1st page)
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2009, 12:01:07 PM »
Well I'm going to say screw it and get the Obi-Wan TPM FX saber on Monday from Redford.  I really want that saber...and hopefully in December I can pick up the Dooku saber.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #646 on: October 30, 2009, 02:03:58 PM »
Go for it, you won't be dissapointed, especially for $ 110. shipped. LOL

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #647 on: October 30, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »
He's on this forum, search the name "Redford," and send him a PM. He's a nice guy :)

A year back or more ago, I shot him at least 2 messages at Ebay but zero answer but I guess he is not interested in international order. His deal was good on the 3 sabers set tho. Dunno if he still got those sales package.

B

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #648 on: November 14, 2009, 08:31:04 AM »
Well I got both of mine last night. I kept being asked over and over about what I wanted for christmas so I let me mom do the pre-order for both. She gave them to me way early anyway obviously, but should have right after getting them. Why of course? The obi wan has about 4 inches of blade where the LEDs aren't coming on...and I'm out of the return period to redford  >:( Was just going to keep these both stock for my MR/HFX collection, but now I'm stuck with a partially broken one. Guess its getting converted anyways.  :-\

Other than that though I will say they did a pretty decent job on both. The dooku is definitely a fatty and heavy saber, but its not too huge for my fairly large hands. Nice styling overall and will have to learn some new style to even play with that one. The obi-wan is a pretty good size and really isn't that big. The sound was a little muffled as I've heard, but not horribly.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #649 on: November 14, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
Well I got both of mine last night. I kept being asked over and over about what I wanted for christmas so I let me mom do the pre-order for both. She gave them to me way early anyway obviously, but should have right after getting them. Why of course? The obi wan has about 4 inches of blade where the LEDs aren't coming on...and I'm out of the return period to redford  >:( Was just going to keep these both stock for my MR/HFX collection, but now I'm stuck with a partially broken one. Guess its getting converted anyways.  :-\

Other than that though I will say they did a pretty decent job on both. The dooku is definitely a fatty and heavy saber, but its not too huge for my fairly large hands. Nice styling overall and will have to learn some new style to even play with that one. The obi-wan is a pretty good size and really isn't that big. The sound was a little muffled as I've heard, but not horribly.

I'm sorry to here about the obi wan. If you can take it apart yourself, then you have a chance of fixing it without having ot convert it. My LUKE ANH had a section that flickered and it just needed the pin connector on the board pushed back on.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
  • I gots BAD frostbite on Hoth.
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #650 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:12 PM »
Overall the saber looks GREAT.   But it is just a little too big.  But I do understand that part having to fit all the electronics in there.  But, also they have made small so I don't see why they couldn't have done the same with this saber.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #651 on: November 30, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
Ordered the Obi Wan from the Boys at Gemini, so I'm not sure what a stock saber is, BUT I'm in love with the saber, which is saying much, as it's not my favorite out there.

I like that it's not as girthy as expected - a feature that turns me off to the replicas in general due to my small hands.  It has a nice balance, and um, very shiny.

Not sure how helpful this post is, considering I never saw one stock, only converted, but as this is a Christmas present AND HE WON'T SHARE (yeah, I'm lookin' at you buddy! :D ), I'm now trying to justify buying another one for me.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #652 on: November 30, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »
Caved in and ordered an Obi-Wan  ;)

Couldn't resist...cyber monday sale at Redford Films...

98.79 shipped isn't too bad  ;D

Speaking of which...they have both the Dooku and the Obi for that price after the 20% cyber monday and 5% member discounts. Should be good until midnight....

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #653 on: November 30, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, need we say more?  ;)

If I bring one more lightsaber into the house I'll be in so much trouble!  :o

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #654 on: December 01, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
 :D :D

I'll have to say you buy what you want!!You've earned it.I'm half way done with your saber.It's coming along nice!! ;D

Offline lordantwarrior

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #655 on: June 30, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
I've been out of the loop for a while on these, and so I have no idea if they ever at any point came out over here in the UK. Does anybody know if they did? I ask because I had them ordered with Forbidden Planet last Christmas and they kept getting postponed until eventually I cancelled my order. I asked one of the guys when I was in one of thier shops a few weeks ago and he said that he doesn't think they ever got them in.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #656 on: July 01, 2010, 03:49:40 AM »
When I go to the beach at Scheveningen, I shall check it out at the Acmé movie-store there.
Normally they have the FX-lightsabers, but I havent been there for over 2 years.             
Still, the Netherlands are not the UK, but it's nearby.       

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline wallcrawler

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #657 on: July 02, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »
as far as i know its a no. Only people getting them from the US and selling them on. 

Trainers ARE cool

Offline lordantwarrior

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #658 on: July 04, 2010, 07:05:36 AM »
as far as i know its a no. Only people getting them from the US and selling them on. 

I just recieved a Dooku from a seller on ebay who brought it over from the States. Got a very good price all things considered (£82 posted) and the saber is in fantastic condition. I'd say he'd only used it once or twice from looking at it. I am thrilled needless to say, as the Dooku was always my favourite from the PT.

I'm in desperate need of an Obi Wan TPM now though. That saber is beautiful. Maybe Hasbro will release them over here soon?

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #659 on: August 24, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
Just a random pic of my beloved Obi TPM with a few of my other sabers.  **Both Obi's in this pic are on low-power batteries which is why the Luke is brighter. Also, today I pulled the trigger on the Anakin removeable blade saber so my EP3 Obi will be on Ebay soon.  :-\

My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH