fiduciary

Recent Posts

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Open Source Sound Cards / Validate my Crystal Focus X wiring diagram
« Last post by BrianCrutzen on January 15, 2024, 02:07:14 AM »
Hello all, I built my first saber 8 years ago and recently got interested into building another one since I found out about all the new features that are available. I am planning to use a kr-sabers knight AS3 hilt with crystal focus X and custom 3d printed chassis. Would be great if you guys can validate my wiring diagram so I can confirm all the parts I need to order. I added a bluetooth module and Oled screen and a crystal chamber with two rgb accent led's. I would also like to use blade detection, I think with only one tangible it should be wired correctly in the diagram. Thanks in advance.

Plecter Labs / Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Last post by TechoMancer on January 11, 2024, 03:28:07 PM »

1) You bridge L1 L2 L3 and splice your negs to the ledstrip (emitter side) PCB respecting gauge. You keep L4 for your motor indeed

2) the 15 mA of the accent pads aren't sufficient to drive you motor, it's not about the voltage, but current.

Awesome.

Thanks Erv, as always, for your quick responses.
« Last post by erv on January 11, 2024, 10:49:33 AM »

1) You bridge L1 L2 L3 and splice your negs to the ledstrip (emitter side) PCB respecting gauge. You keep L4 for your motor indeed

2) the 15 mA of the accent pads aren't sufficient to drive you motor, it's not about the voltage, but current.
« Last post by TechoMancer on January 11, 2024, 09:45:46 AM »
So I'm considering adding a feedback motor to my next build, but I have a couple of questions:

1. The latest manual suggest connecting the motor to L4.  The diagram on page 137 shows bridging L1 and L2, then L3 and L4, for a pixel blade. The manual mentions "Strip power usually deals well with 3 drivers when properly bridged together", but I don't understand how the connection would look.  Do I bridge L1 L2 L3 and connect both blade negative leads to L3 or....?

2. The manual also mentions an accent LED pad can be used but that "wiring a power extender to an accent pad with PWM capability" will be necessary.  My question is, if the motor is only 1.5v-2v and the pads output 3v (if I understand the manual correctly), why is a power extender necessary?  I'm probably not understanding the instructions.  Couldn't you just connect the motor to the accent pad with a resistor?

Sorry for the uninformed questions. I don't dabble that deep into electronics.
SW Costumes Robes, Belts etc... / Re: The 903rd Legion Costuming board
« Last post by badbatchforever_ct-9906 on January 09, 2024, 12:15:37 PM »
I have some armor in the making to go with a rebel costume I made, I have been working on star wars costumes for a while now. Its amazing to see how many people really appreciate homemade costumes!
Lightsabers / Re: WTS Orbital Machining/Acerocket Obi1 TPM brand new hilt
« Last post by Scorpion on January 08, 2024, 08:33:19 AM »
this is the best available, i sill have mine also
Lightsabers / WTS Orbital Machining/Acerocket Obi1 TPM brand new hilt
« Last post by Wolfgeorge on January 07, 2024, 11:51:00 PM »
As the title states I'm selling my pride and joy the Orbital Machining Obi1 TPM hilt. I had big plans for this bad boy but life and the pandemic intervened.
If you search the ordering section you'll see I'm one of the original owners of the #23.
I haven't touched it at all, it brand new and in excellent shape.

I'm from Greece and the hilt is here with me of course.
I'm asking 1500€ plus shipping.

« Last post by erv on January 07, 2024, 01:07:11 AM »
hi res pictures needed. The PLI measurement line is probably messed up. That could be a short on the board, or on the MCU.
« Last post by TechoMancer on January 06, 2024, 11:17:07 AM »
I'm having an issue with the board (v10.3) reading the battery level after the update to v10.008A.  Unfortunately, it's a new board and I immidiately updated the firmware before doing anything else, so I'm not sure if it's the board or the firmware.

My hobby charger shows a fully charged 18650 (4.2v).  However, the board will not read above 2 or 3 bars on the OLED screen AND I get the "energy critical" audio warning after about only 10 minutes of use.

When it happened I didn't think anything of if and I stuck in the charger, and the charger read 3.98v...I'm pretty sure that's not critical.

I tried reflashing the firmware, just in case, but the board still won't go above the 2 or 3 bars on a fully charged battery.

Is there a way to calibrate the board or check possibly a capacitor or resistor that might be bad, or does it sound like it's faulty hardware?

Thanx

Sold!
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
retrousse