fiduciary

Author Topic: New to the saber world  (Read 501 times)

Offline Darth Catacus

• No Force
  • There is only one color: deep red
New to the saber world
« on: January 06, 2020, 11:14:36 AM »
Greetings all!

I am Darth Catacus and I have recently entered into the world of saber building. A few months ago, I bought an initiate tier SF Bane MkII for my Sith cosplay (one of them anyway  :grin:) as I wanted to install it myself. I was orginally going to a prizm v5.5, but since that seems to no longer be available I have decided to go with CFX instead. I don't have much know how when it come to things like this, hence why I am here. This is something I want to learn how to do and any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and may the force serve you well

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
Re: New to the saber world
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 11:28:17 AM »
Hello there!  Welcome to FX. Multiple cosplay? Well, that means multiple sabers, which is handy. Cuz this is an addictive hobby.
Good luck with the install and MTFBWY

Greenie.

Offline Darth Tradonius

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 12:31:12 PM »
How Detailed is the Suit, If i May ask? :azn:

Offline Darth Catacus

• No Force
  • There is only one color: deep red
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 12:55:59 PM »
A black tunic covered by red fabric tabards/straps in a intertwined pattern. I recently made a shoulder plate in a triangle shape and will paint that black with a red border, and then I might paint a sith symbol in the middle. I plan a making another for the other shoulder. For pants, simple black trousers. I'm currently working on a skirt and obi. To top it off, a black cloak, which I am choosing a fabric for.

It's still WIP and I've been making revisions and improvements here and there, but it's slowly coming together. For fabric, it's mostly cotton, but I've started working with linen and playing with other fabrics. My bane hilt will top off the look, once it is installed.It's actually my second saber as my first is a legacy Ventress from Galaxy's Edge, which rests by my head while I sleep  :grin: 

Offline Darth Tradonius

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 03:36:50 PM »
That's Cool! Id Love to see it(image) Sounds like a cool project! I havent got the time to make my own, but yeah, I wish you the best of luck!
-Darth Tradonius

retrousse