fiduciary

Author Topic: YODA Force FX (2007) lightsaber battery pack wiring issue  (Read 2818 times)

Offline jtangsw

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
YODA Force FX (2007) lightsaber battery pack wiring issue
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:31 AM »
Hi,

My Yoda Force FX Lightsaber (2007) Battery Pack has some issues. The wires had corrosion due to battery leak (see attached pic).

Can anyone share a photo of a working unit of Yoda Hasbro / MR lightsaber with proper wiring in the battery pack? I hope to get a reference photo so that I could solder it back.

Thanks. MTFBWY
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:59:41 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Andydabeast

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: YODA Force FX (2007) lightsaber battery pack wiring issue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
Bump

Offline null

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 06:06:31 AM »
Hey Andydabeast

Post some good pics of the inside of your saber / the wiring and someone may be able to help you out. I don’t personally own a Yoda Force FX but through the process of elimination we may get it.

Also, in the future your better off posting once and waiting. If you posted in the wrong section in will be moved - no need to blitz the forum with multiple posts asking the same question. Have patience my friend.

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

Offline Andydabeast

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 08:46:20 AM »
Hey Andydabeast

Post some good pics of the inside of your saber / the wiring and someone may be able to help you out. I don’t personally own a Yoda Force FX but through the process of elimination we may get it.

Also, in the future your better off posting once and waiting. If you posted in the wrong section in will be moved - no need to blitz the forum with multiple posts asking the same question. Have patience my friend.

- Steve

Thanks steve. Sorry I was just kinda frustrated with how hard it is to find info. Last night while trying to figure things out the black wire going into the battery pack broke at the base. It is safe to assume that my pack is pretty much dead and im considering 3d printing a new one.

So now I need to take the battery pack apart. It seems glued. Best case I can reassemble it after I get new wires in there and worst case I salvage the speaker, connector holes to the saber, and battery terminals and make my own. Any tips for taking it apart?

But besides that there is still the wiring. I presume the yellow wire going down is for one side of the batteries. I know the brown and black wires are for the speaker. Are batteries in series?

So the components:
three aaa batteries
speaker with brown and black
end with three terminals that go to saber. Two of these are speaker, the other is red
The resistor

I know there is a loop with batteries and resistor, but which side of the resistor the red wire connects I do not know.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 09:51:43 AM »
Batteries are in series in this holder for a total of 4.5volts. Typically,  the wiring for the sound boards in these sabers was this: black is the battery and sound board ground, brown is the speaker ground and red is the board, battery and speaker positive. Do you have any more pictures of the pack when you first took it apart? Those might be helpful in determining what wires go where. Another option is to dismantle the saber and match the pins up with the wiring on the hilt side pins.

Offline Andydabeast

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »
Batteries are in series in this holder for a total of 4.5volts. Typically,  the wiring for the sound boards in these sabers was this: black is the battery and sound board ground, brown is the speaker ground and red is the board, battery and speaker positive. Do you have any more pictures of the pack when you first took it apart? Those might be helpful in determining what wires go where. Another option is to dismantle the saber and match the pins up with the wiring on the hilt side pins.

I really want to avoid dismantling the saber because I know one part needs to be drilled out for the Yoda saber and I would rather not. I don't have a better pic because this saber had an arc on the PCB plus corrosion while the previous owner had it in storage with the batteries. When I opened it there were more wires disconnected than not.

I am not super savvy with electrical but am trying to learn. So brown goes from saber to speaker, black goes from saber to batteries negative? then batteries positive goes to the resistor  and then to both speaker (yellow) and to the saber (red)?? OP should be able to help his is in much better shape than mine.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 06:36:04 AM »
I really want to avoid dismantling the saber because I know one part needs to be drilled out for the Yoda saber and I would rather not. I don't have a better pic because this saber had an arc on the PCB plus corrosion while the previous owner had it in storage with the batteries. When I opened it there were more wires disconnected than not.

I am not super savvy with electrical but am trying to learn. So brown goes from saber to speaker, black goes from saber to batteries negative? then batteries positive goes to the resistor  and then to both speaker (yellow) and to the saber (red)?? OP should be able to help his is in much better shape than mine.
Yes, there is a pin that would have to be drilled out to remove the electronics....it's not the hard, I've done it several times myself over the years,  but if you'd rather not, that's your choice. If there was an arc or short on that pcb,  it's possible the actual soundboard is damaged inside the saber as well.

More pictures of the parts of the battery pack might be helpful in trying to help you fix it,  but I'd really suggest trying to find a new one, either here on the forums in the wanted section,  or ebay.

Offline null

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 04:36:20 AM »
Hey Andydabeast

There is a guy over on The Rebel Armory selling a 3AAA battery holder in the “Misc Items” section. Might not be the right one but it may be worth checking it out.

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

retrousse