fiduciary

Author Topic: Look what I FOUND on Ebay!! Post your wins and other bargains!  (Read 408267 times)

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
Re: Look what I FOUND on Ebay!! Post your wins and other bargains!
« Reply #900 on: April 08, 2015, 11:35:52 AM »
No pop taken. People will sell things at one price they want to receive. there is no right or wrong to that. Will they get what they ask if it higher then what people want to pay.

Also I stated it was a "Reveal Chassis" Not "crystal reveal chassis"

You twist off the back half and Walla, chassis revealed lol

Makes sd card easier to access plus you can see t he pli or animations on the bar graph.

Oh and! Easy to upgrade the board =D

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #901 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:22 AM »
No pop taken. People will sell things at one price they want to receive. there is no right or wrong to that. Will they get what they ask if it higher then what people want to pay.

Also I stated it was a "Reveal Chassis" Not "crystal reveal chassis"

You twist off the back half and Walla, chassis revealed lol

Makes sd card easier to access plus you can see t he pli or animations on the bar graph.

Oh and! Easy to upgrade the board =D

:)
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #902 on: April 08, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
So, if someone has to sell a saber for financial reasons, it's automatically wrong for them to ask for the original purchase cost of the saber?  Why is that exactly? 

Suddenly the labor that was put into the saber is no longer worth anything?  If that were the case, then you'd be seeing orbital machining sabers go for sale for the cost of aluminum, since that is the "parts cost". 

Sure, if someone wants an ugly saber that takes 250 hours of machinework to make, and absolutely no one besides them likes the design, they probably aren't going to get their money back from it.  In no universe does that make it wrong to ask for their purchase cost from it. 

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #903 on: April 08, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
ok for starters its my opinion!

and if some one chooses to get custom work done that's fine, but you can't pass on a bill for custom work for something, no matter how well looked after it is, its still second hand. if you buy anything new from a shop, a car a bike or something electronic the labour at the factory is in the cost, but when you sell it on its second hand and its then only worth its face value and how nice it is or how good it looks will depend on what it can be sold for.
take a classic car and pay a fortune for custom work and then get it valued and its only worth the parts and the price that a mint car of its type is listed as. unless its something super rare and desirable then maybe it will get its worth plus the labour cost back.

and that's one of the reasons high end sabers over the $1000 mark are struggling to sell these days! people are not falling for the this saber is worth $2000-3000 when they know its only $300 total in parts with probably 10 hours in install time and a couple for weathering or polishing! people have got wise to the over charging and cost involved!  and what makes it worse is its not even the smiths that are overcharging in most cases its the greedy sellers trying to make profit on something they probably shouldn't of spent money on in the first place.

and like I said its MPO.

Offline DTWolf

• No Force
« Reply #904 on: April 08, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
So, if someone has to sell a saber for financial reasons, it's automatically wrong for them to ask for the original purchase cost of the saber?  Why is that exactly? 

Suddenly the labor that was put into the saber is no longer worth anything?  If that were the case, then you'd be seeing orbital machining sabers go for sale for the cost of aluminum, since that is the "parts cost". 

Sure, if someone wants an ugly saber that takes 250 hours of machinework to make, and absolutely no one besides them likes the design, they probably aren't going to get their money back from it.  In no universe does that make it wrong to ask for their purchase cost from it.
I have to agree with this. What usually is lost is the sales tax (VAT). It's often said that as  soon as a car rolls of the stand, it's already worth 23% less (or whatever is the VAT in your country).
That's what can't be passed on to new owners. Of course that doesn't mean you can't price your item anyway you choose...
...and the labor put into something has to be valued. If it only came down to parts, for example, that would mean a second hand Vader's Vault RGB would have to be sold at the same price as one with just one color configured.

They say violence isn't the key...but you can also open doors with a crowbar lightsaber...

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #905 on: April 08, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »
I've been saying something to that effect for years and I'm glad it is finally being discussed openly. It is not a knock on the hours of work by talented smiths, custom work is a personal thing often and you may not find another person who values it as highly as you do. In the sense of the marketplace, it is a decision you make as a buyer when you might commission a build, that if/when it comes time to sell, be prepared to get back less than you paid.

The canon sabers have universal appeal, so selling an OM Obi TPM isn't difficult. I would also like to think most collectors intend to keep these works of art, but all too often, after a short period of ownership, they are up for sale again. In many situations, each time a saber passes hands, based on the time since it was created, availability, and any advances in technology or skill since then, the price will often drop. I don't think it is a problem, just the nature of collecting, but it does seem that a lot of collectors in our hobby do not understand this, list sabers for too much and wonder why, and often get upset, that they don't sell.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #906 on: April 08, 2015, 02:37:37 PM »
I've been saying something to that effect for years and I'm glad it is finally being discussed openly. It is not a knock on the hours of work by talented smiths, custom work is a personal thing often and you may not find another person who values it as highly as you do. In the sense of the marketplace, it is a decision you make as a buyer when you might commission a build, that if/when it comes time to sell, be prepared to get back less than you paid.

The canon sabers have universal appeal, so selling an OM Obi TPM isn't difficult. I would also like to think most collectors intend to keep these works of art, but all too often, after a short period of ownership, they are up for sale again. In many situations, each time a saber passes hands, based on the time since it was created, availability, and any advances in technology or skill since then, the price will often drop. I don't think it is a problem, just the nature of collecting, but it does seem that a lot of collectors in our hobby do not understand this, list sabers for too much and wonder why, and often get upset, that they don't sell.

And thats another thing that bugs me when sabers are for sale, instead of accepting that the saber doesn't sell straight away and just bumping it, the sellers whine in the threads about it. Instead of accepting the fact that maybe people just don't like it or because it's to expensive for most collector's or that, that 1 in a million person just hasn't seen it yet.
All i know is super high price sabers are becoming a thing of the past unless they are being produced as one offs by established saber smiths and not the people who see the price and start trying the same thing after being in the scene for a month and trying to pass off their work as high end when its just trash. And i have had the misfortune of seeing a few of these by 3 different wannabes who are only in it for a quick buck.

Offline Bacs1976

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #907 on: April 08, 2015, 10:05:57 PM »
Can I post my eBay auctions here...?

It would seem the only viable spot despite having my listing removed due to the 3/50 rule. Which for the continuity of the community I kinda understand but since these auctions are governed by by Paypal and eBay I'm not clear as to why not? In addition all the sabers were purchased and manufactured/modified from reputable members if not administrators on this site. Surely someone can vouch for my conduct considering I've been prompt and co-operative with all sales not to mention contributing a lot of $.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:15:29 PM by Bacs1976 »

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #908 on: April 08, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »
Nope even members who meet the 3/50 rule can't post their own ebay items here.

Rules are rules thats why being an active member to the forum and contributing is so important, its part of building trust.

Offline Bacs1976

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #909 on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »
Thanks for the prompt repsonse. Cheers mate!

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #910 on: April 09, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
Just an FYI,  the Trade Federation Rules and Regulations do not allow other members to post the ebay sales of a forum member that does not meet the selling requirements of the Trade Federation. It may not be stated directly,  but it should be understood that a member that has been told he cannot post his ebay listings due to not meeting the 3/50 rule,  it doesn't mean that other forum members can post them for him/her.

Can I post my eBay auctions here...?

It would seem the only viable spot despite having my listing removed due to the 3/50 rule. Which for the continuity of the community I kinda understand but since these auctions are governed by by Paypal and eBay I'm not clear as to why not? In addition all the sabers were purchased and manufactured/modified from reputable members if not administrators on this site. Surely someone can vouch for my conduct considering I've been prompt and co-operative with all sales not to mention contributing a lot of $.

We have still in the past had members sign up for membership,  post an ebay listing,  sell to a forum member,  then make off that buyers money,  despite ebay's and paypal's protections.  There are ways around them,  so we still require members of the forum to participate in the community so we can get to know that member and build at least a small amount of trust before money exchanges hands.

Offline Bacs1976

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #911 on: April 09, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »
Unfortunately I have recently had to list on eBay due to the 3/50. I'd hate for them to go to some random with no idea of the time and energy put into them. I've met others Aussies briefly on here but not enough to ask them to post sale or auction threads. I guess it is what it is thanks for the straight up and honest feedback though. At 100% Feedback for 500 items bought & sold on eBay for the past 10 yrs I thought it would be worth something. Thanks all the same. Unfortunate for all I guess due to a few bad apples as per usual.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:41:50 PM by Bacs1976 »

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #912 on: April 10, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
PM sent QUI-GON.

Offline Jedi Oz 66

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #913 on: April 16, 2015, 03:18:51 PM »
Anyone looking for parts for the EP7 graflex
Graflex 3 Cell Glass EYE Koblod D Ring MPP Parts | eBay

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #914 on: April 18, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
Disc Golf and Star Wars, together?

Jedi, and other Star Wars discs, and some glow in the dark.  not mine, but kind of cool.

New F2 Innova Glow Champion Tern 175g Custom Star Wars Jedi Rebel Dye Disc Golf

retrousse