fiduciary

Author Topic: Look what I FOUND on Ebay!! Post your wins and other bargains!  (Read 408612 times)

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
  • InUmbrisPotestasEst--In the shadows there is power
Re: Look what I FOUND on Ebay!! Post your wins and other bargains!
« Reply #450 on: September 06, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »
I guess it comes down to: Are you ok supporting someone who screwed over many in the prop community and never made things right just as long as you "get yours"? We are a community, and we try to support each other. Many people get second, third etc chances, but they have to do the work and make the things they did wrong, right again. Some never try, they just change their seller names, reset their feed back (on eBay) and move on. Here on FX, we don't look too kindly at those types of individuals. Some people don't care about what these guys did in the past, they have cool looking designs, 'cheap', and hey, as long as they get theirs, oh well.

Agreed Starkiller. I've had a lot of good experiences buying and working with people here on the FX Forums and I can honestly say they are second to none. I personally also have one of your VV Starkiller sabers and the quality is truly amazing. If anyone is ever looking for reputable good people to work with I always try to recommend them to these boards. You definitely can't go wrong here!  :D
MR Darth Vader ESB(stock)
MR Darth Vader ESB(converted PC2)                                  
MR Anakin AOTC "Darkside version"(converted CF5)
Yoda Replica Graflex V(CF4)
MR Anakin AOTC(converted PC3)
Hasbro Anakin ROTS(converted PC2)
Parks Replica Graflex ESB/TFA w/glass eye(CF5)

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #451 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
I guess it comes down to: Are you ok supporting someone who screwed over many in the prop community and never made things right just as long as you "get yours"? We are a community, and we try to support each other. Many people get second, third etc chances, but they have to do the work and make the things they did wrong, right again. Some never try, they just change their seller names, reset their feed back (on eBay) and move on. Here on FX, we don't look too kindly at those types of individuals. Some people don't care about what these guys did in the past, they have cool looking designs, 'cheap', and hey, as long as they get theirs, oh well.

Would it be reasonable to allow someone to come answer to what they did?
Like lets say someone got banned or punished and things were said about them would it be fair to open a thread that allows that person to answer publicly and privately to all the accusations that were made against them before permanent ban? Or to just help people have confidence in their services.
I hope I am not overstepping.
It just seems simply has been doing great work, prop and customer service wise and maybe what wrongs or accusations made against him or other past members could be publicly and privately resolved. Proof could be given, testimates?

I feel very safe with each and every member here and I know the mods will keep that up no matter what.
This is the most respectful gracious forum I have ever visited and I thank you all.

I am obviously new and don't know the full story of each member and incident, I also do know that sometimes there are mix ups.

I Really hope no one takes it as a disrespect if I buy something from someone that has accusations against them.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2013, 10:49:50 AM »
The issue with this person was extensive and on-going.  There were many attempts at contact made over the years by the staff of several forums.  It was radio silence.  The person then came back under this new identity.  Whether he is currently fullfilling orders really isn't the issue.  A person who would take the money and run affecting many customers who still have never been reimbursed is a much higher risk to do it again.  Coming back under a new name/identity to conduct business without cleaning up the past is not right and not something we will support. 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #453 on: September 06, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
To add, there are ways someone can redeem their past.  It starts with taking care of outstanding customers first, THEN rebuilding your reputation.  COMMUNICATING with the staffs of the forums in question. 

We understand people have issues and things come up.  COMMUNICATION however is essential.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #454 on: September 06, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »
Would it be reasonable to allow someone to come answer to what they did?
Like lets say someone got banned or punished and things were said about them would it be fair to open a thread that allows that person to answer publicly and privately to all the accusations that were made against them before permanent ban? Or to just help people have confidence in their services.
I hope I am not overstepping.
It just seems simply has been doing great work, prop and customer service wise and maybe what wrongs or accusations made against him or other past members could be publicly and privately resolved. Proof could be given, testimates?

I feel very safe with each and every member here and I know the mods will keep that up no matter what.
This is the most respectful gracious forum I have ever visited and I thank you all.

I am obviously new and don't know the full story of each member and incident, I also do know that sometimes there are mix ups.

I Really hope no one takes it as a disrespect if I buy something from someone that has accusations against them.

As Starkiller and Luminara said, this has been an issue that has gone on for several years. If one has made it to the exceptionally short "Conflicts of Interest thread" list, they had to do a lot to earn THAT distinction, and earn a banning from here AND the RPF. Also he has had to change names SEVERAL times on eBay, if he is even still allowed to sell there (I don't know one way or the other).

This wouldn't be the first time an issue like this has happened, others had issues as well, but some had managed to eventually "redeem" themselves (mainly by making restitution to all those they had wronged).

As Starkiller also said, if people with those "ethics" are people you wish to support, there is nothing the rest of us can do, other than to make note of it. Caveat Emptor!

This is a community, we do tend to support each other and look out for each other (within reason). In the instance I am thinking of, it's that kind of "looking out for each other", by  Starkiller and Luminara and others like them, that helped many people receive money back that they had thought would be lost forever.

I'll paraphrase (PG-13) something Master Yoda said to me (and a few others) not too long ago... I don't want to see people get taken advantage of here on FX., and many of us feel the same way.

Something for all to think about...

MTFBWY

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Darth Corvinus

• Formerly Ken_Skylighter & other
  • Master Force User
  • MTFBWY always...
« Reply #455 on: September 06, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
I'm so sorry if my posts caused many unpleasant "debates" in this forum :(
I should know better about Simply or Saberforge, before posting any "ebay or amazon" adv in this forum.
Once again, I'm so sorry guys :(

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
No need to be sorry at all. It is good to be informed which is really what we were doing. Some people who've been around a while 'forget' things, and new people can't possibly know the entire history of every vendor to have ever scratched aluminum into a saber. Asking is encouraged, as knowing before buying, means you'll enjoy the hobby more, and therefore stick around for a long time.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »
Saberforge was banned for a different reason. Not for a bad reputation, unlike the other vendor. . You are new here dont feel you did anything wrong. There are no stupid questions. How else can any of us expect to know something unless we ask :)

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Darth Corvinus

• Formerly Ken_Skylighter & other
  • Master Force User
  • MTFBWY always...
« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2013, 08:59:18 PM »
Thanks, STARKILLER and Nartulles :)
I trust all of this forum's members, especially the Moderators. So, I'll never buy any lightsaber from the banned vendors :))

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »
not sure if its a bargen but arent these one of the most accurate windus you can get?

Master Replicas Star Wars Signature Edition SE Mace Windu Lightsaber 38 750 |
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »
Yes, that would be the best one. I can verify as I own one, though it has been out of my possession for a few years *stares longingly towards the west*.....

I've seen them go for around $800.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:22:02 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »
Nobodys bidded yet ;) but if it went for that start price its be a bargin
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline coolhanluked

• Experienced Force User
  • Let the wookie win!
« Reply #462 on: September 08, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »
I recently got a derwent BP on ebay. yes unbelievable but true. the inconel is unmistakeable and its the correct concave one too! the guy had a real Rifle Grenade No.3 Mk.1 as well (which i took too) But it was not cheep!! he stopped the auction and worked with me for months going thru my extensive vintage saber parts collection and made an amazing deal. 70% trade 30% cash for a total value of $3500. Alot of money for sure but it was worth everything to get those parts considering i dont need them any more. i have built every OT saber in full all real parts and the Obi was the last. (still working on the ROTJ vader but is 90% there) I still have lots of flashes and parts sitting in my shop that need a good home. when i complete the 3/50 rule they will be up for grabs! I am very happy to be part of this community and from what ive read your all top notch peeps. I look forward to geeking out in the saber world with all of you. Cheers!
ANH: Obi, Luke,Vader real parts
ESB: Luke,Vader real parts
ROTJ Luke HERO,V2,Stunt custom made,Vader 90%
EP1 visual dictionary Praco Yoda real parts x2
King Sol coin edge bottom/Heiland ESB Vader
Custom rep Obi real clamp modern armatage HW
Han ESB DL-44 denix rep real greebs no scope
Parks graflex nickel crystal chassis CFLS6 Mokoto V3+blade
Parks Vader hyper set up
Vintage graflex hyper set up
Prodigal son re milled CF4.7 lux 5
Vintage graflex ESB Plasma argon w/murcury
Vintage mpp Plasma neon

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #463 on: September 08, 2013, 01:58:24 PM »
Well...post some pics man!  Where are these sabers you built?  I'd love to see them, builds with original parts are fairly rare :). 

Offline coolhanluked

• Experienced Force User
  • Let the wookie win!
« Reply #464 on: September 08, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
there coming! i have 1000s of pics to go thru but its one of my things to do this month. im also doing a vintage graflex hyperblade conversion and a replica mpp hyperblade conversion. (im on the fence on weather im gonna use any of my real mpps for a working saber build) and im also doing a graflex crystal core chassis. (the nickel plated one. too cool!) yes ive got a lot of projects on my shop table right now. and i just finished a han solo esb dl-44 blaster all real parts minus the m-19 scope. still looking for a real one. anyways just look for my posts. this is not the thread to go any further in to it. sorry to get carried away here. the storm trooper saber is the bling on this thread. and its truly a piece to have in any collection!! i love this saber.
ANH: Obi, Luke,Vader real parts
ESB: Luke,Vader real parts
ROTJ Luke HERO,V2,Stunt custom made,Vader 90%
EP1 visual dictionary Praco Yoda real parts x2
King Sol coin edge bottom/Heiland ESB Vader
Custom rep Obi real clamp modern armatage HW
Han ESB DL-44 denix rep real greebs no scope
Parks graflex nickel crystal chassis CFLS6 Mokoto V3+blade
Parks Vader hyper set up
Vintage graflex hyper set up
Prodigal son re milled CF4.7 lux 5
Vintage graflex ESB Plasma argon w/murcury