fiduciary

Author Topic: Now that I have seen and used all the Fx sabers I have to say the best saber is.  (Read 12406 times)

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
...in the dark it is a dead sexy purple...

I like the sound of that!  ;D

Offline darth_kicksten

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
am i the only one who's not satisfied w/ the Mace?? the blade's blotchy as xxx even with E2 batteries used!! :-[

Offline darthclueless

• formerly known as darthclueless
  • Experienced Force User
The Windu blade does have some blotchiness in bright light and on close inspection but it's not really noticeable in the dark. In daylight it looks a bit pinkish with purple areas but once the lights go off it looks a lot better and a more uniform purple. The hilt on the Windu makes up for any of it's other downfalls IMHO. The feel and look of the hilt is awesome. The gold accents and areas of rubber grip are unique. I think the only hilt I can say is more unique is the Sidious and that looks very organic and definitely evil. Could the Windu blade be better? I would say yes. Is the blade a reason not to buy the Windu saber? I would definitively say no.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
just the fact that it is the ONLY purple lightsaber is enough to get one.   I will add one to the collection soon.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline FX padawan

• No Force
  • BE HAPPY
I use Duracell ultra batteries and I can safely say that there is zero blotchiness on my Mace Windu blade.  ;D

This one is a replacement one for one which was blotchy and had a few broken led contacts which made them flicker a little. This blade is now perfect and is far probably even brighter with smooter colour than the vader ESB (my favourite)

Having seen a few pictures and heard about various different peoples experiences, coupled with my first mace saber, it appears there is a mixed quality of these blades going around.  ???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FX saber Collection
Gen 1. Anakin Aotc
Gen 2. Vader ANH
Gen 2. Mace Windu AOTC x2
Gen 2. Luke ESB
Gen 3. Anakin ROTS x2
Gen 3. Vader ESB
Gen 3. Luke ROTJ  (ordered)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
Ok, tonight's the night. I'm going to buy an FX lightsaber. The only problem is that thanks to this thread I'm torn between two sabers. Grrr  >:(

Only joking ;)  but it is a hard choice as I'm torn between Vader's ESB and Anakin's ROTS. I'm going to buy from http://www.play.com/ as suggested by fellow UK posters.

I just wanted to say thank you! I've spent the week with you guys, reading your reviews (which are very helpfull, btw) and sharing your stories and now I think you've converted me to the FX side  ;D

If only I can decide which saber I want...  ;)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Flip a coin heads its Vader tails is Anakin you can go wrong with either to be honest
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
Flip a coin heads its Vader tails is Anakin you can go wrong with either to be honest

Lol   :) good idea though!

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
  • Formally known as Scottish Jedi
My advice go with the Anakin ROTS to start with, its just a great saber. I think it depends on what you prefer the OT or the PT, if you where a big Vader fan as a kid that changes everything. Sorry i think this is pretty useless to you i went one way then done a 180. Go with darthirishmans idea flip a coin.
Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber: £89.99
Star Wars OT Boxset: £29.99
Fighting for the Light Side: Priceless
(Borrowed(Stole) this idea from Dark Skywalker)

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
Ok here goes:

Heads it's Vader, tails it's Anakin. Wait I'll just go get a coin...

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
Ok Anakin wins after best of five ( used a 2p coin - still the best for flippin'  ;) )

That's it! I'll place my order and wait. not to long here's hoping  :)

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
  • Formally known as Scottish Jedi
If you ordered from Play.com and you live in the mainland UK, you should have it within 48 hours. If I'm being honest i think the coin did you a favor, although you will want the Vader after a few days with the Anakin, trust me i know  ;D.
Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber: £89.99
Star Wars OT Boxset: £29.99
Fighting for the Light Side: Priceless
(Borrowed(Stole) this idea from Dark Skywalker)

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
I hope I get it on Saturday that would rock!

But now I just have to play the waiting game.

Aww, the waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!  ;D

Adrena1in

Re: Now that I have seen and used all the Fx sabers I have to say the best saber
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 03:22:19 PM »
Scottish Jedi is right, dark fox, as soon as you get the Anakin you'll love it, but you'll want a Vader too.  Then a new Luke ROTJ.  Then a Mace to complete the colour-set.  Then an old Anakin or Luke to see what the EL blades were like.  Then the Luke ESB to see if the blade really is the brightest.  Then the Vader ANH.  Then the other old EL blade saber to complete the set.

Then the Darth Maul, because that will be out by then.   :D

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
Oh please no! Not another addiction, Adrena1in, I don't think my wallet could handle it   :'(

Lol - I expect you're right though as I'm already thinking about making some space on a wall for the full set   :D

retrousse