fiduciary

Author Topic: Video Tutorial Acid Etching  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
Video Tutorial Acid Etching
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:22:31 AM »
**First and foremost, this process involves HARMFUL, CORROSIVE CHEMICALS WHICH CAN KILL YOU if used improperly. Adequate safety protection to prevent skin contact is necessary, and I do not take any responsibility for any personal or property damage incurred by the processes detailed in this tutorial. Safety goggles, vinyl full coverage gloves, full coverage clothing, and a fully protected work surface with a plastic barrier is necessary. DO NOT ATTEMPT the process outlined in this tutorial with any less than these minimum safety materials.***

Okay guys, so many of you who follow me on Facebook would have seen som eof my work lately, which involves acid etching. I was inundated by messages and comments asking how I do it after spending the last month learning too. So I thought I'd give back and make a video tutorial on what I do. Yes I may not use gloves in the video or stand in a well ventilated area, but as explained in the video and the above statement (Thanks Goodman), safety first!!!  C:-)

Also, this is just the way I do it guys. There is no 'perfect' way. Learn some of the basics by watching my video and you can tweak and improve on your own methods. Everyone is different. This is 'Kaizen' thing.  ;)

Enjoy guys!

How to: Lightsaber Acid Etching Tutorial - YouTube

Offline CET

• Force User
  • Humble Padawan
    • Lightsaber Team
Re: Video Tutorial Acid Etching
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:06 AM »
Nice video! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Offline Zelazny

• Force User
  • Working on it
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
Omg Khal, what a fantastic tutorial!  The part I appreciate the most was someone actually showing how to do the toner resist procedure!  Just wonderful.  I think every custom saber I do from now on will have some form of your techniques in it.  Thank-you so much for taking the time.  Truly great.

Offline CET

• Force User
  • Humble Padawan
    • Lightsaber Team
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
I didn't quite follow the part about ratios. I get that the copper and sodium are equal parts, but I'm unclear as to how much water to use. Was it 5 ml's per gram?

Also, I don't have a scale, so can that be done by volume?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:36:50 PM by CET »

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:58:58 AM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:07:18 AM by Khal »

Offline dioggi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
Mate, your video has been taken down.  Any chance you'll reupload it?  I saw it a few weeks ago and it's a great tutorial!  I haven't seen any others that discuss using Copper Sulfate like yours.

Offline kman

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Yes, please bring back the video!  I've been really curious about this process myself.

Offline Zephisto

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 05:57:19 AM »
thank you for the great video

retrousse