fiduciary

Author Topic: Tell me I'm not the only one that died inside when I saw the light slingshot  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • "I See You Have Constructed a New Lightsaber"
    • Illuminated Saber Design and Concepts
I am in a different realm than a lot of SW fans.  For me, I don't really even think in regards to what is "Canon" and what is not "Canon."  In all honesty, I don't think there is any need to think this way.  Beloved stories from the EU are still beloved stories.  Beloved characters are not "erased" nor can they be.  They are products of imagination that will always be linked to a fantasy universe.  They are "included" in as much as your imagination can let them.  None of this is actually real, most of us know that ; ). 

Personally, the movies have always been the flagship for me.  Everything else, I take or leave, depending on if it resonates with me.  Since this is all in the realm of imagination, the expansive Star Wars universe is what you make of it.  Didn't get too much into Clone Wars, nor from the looks of it, will I get much into Rebels.  Looking forward to the sequels.  Beyond that, I anticipate the future of SW to be much like the past: hit and miss. 

I certainly can sympathize with people in that they have hopes that what they love about the saga will continue and seen in future incarnations of media, but, ultimately whatever you love about the past in Star Wars can't be taken away or erased.  Anyway . . . 2 cents. 

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
I'm hoping he gets and uses that light saber of his and ditches that slingshot early on in the series cuz, umm... :-\

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline DeadPuppy

• No Force
  • "insert thoughtful quote here"
How exactly does onepull on a light slingshot without cutting their fingers off? Are they poilling on a metallic piece held there with light? How does that work, and where does the piece go when the slingshot is off?

What does the slingshot shoot?  Is it a rock? A beam of light? What inconceivable benefit could there be over a PLAIN slingshot?  You can't shoot anything with more force than you pull no matter what it is...

I can't wrap my head around how stupid this is....
Balisong flipping videos and stuff: DeadPuppyCC - YouTube

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
Light spitballs!  The Rebellion's weapon of choice against the straight-laced, finger-wagging, killjoy Empire!

This show is looking more and more juvenile.  And remember, all of this is likely replacing everything that had to do with Starkiller. :-\

Dumb, dumb, dumb idea...

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
What's next?  Whoopie cushions?

Offline Greebles

• Formerly known as Codeweasel
  • Master Force User
  • “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
What are they thinking?......

"Hey! Lets cut that Trawn, Mara Jade, Jaina, Jacen nonsense and kill off Darth Maul and Qui Gon Jinn because those characters are WAY boring. But we need to make sure Jar Jar is in EVERY prequel and The Clone Wars. Battle droids need to say 'Roger Roger' for comic relief. Make sure that say it ALOT! Kids just love that. Also I think the force should be a parasitic organism... Oh and one more thing... Wouldn't it be awesome to have slingshots that shot little ball of lightsaber energy?"

*facepalm*

-Denzil

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
I am in a different realm than a lot of SW fans.  For me, I don't really even think in regards to what is "Canon" and what is not "Canon."  In all honesty, I don't think there is any need to think this way.  Beloved stories from the EU are still beloved stories.  Beloved characters are not "erased" nor can they be.  They are products of imagination that will always be linked to a fantasy universe.  They are "included" in as much as your imagination can let them.  None of this is actually real, most of us know that ; ). 

Personally, the movies have always been the flagship for me.  Everything else, I take or leave, depending on if it resonates with me.  Since this is all in the realm of imagination, the expansive Star Wars universe is what you make of it.  Didn't get too much into Clone Wars, nor from the looks of it, will I get much into Rebels.  Looking forward to the sequels.  Beyond that, I anticipate the future of SW to be much like the past: hit and miss. 

I certainly can sympathize with people in that they have hopes that what they love about the saga will continue and seen in future incarnations of media, but, ultimately whatever you love about the past in Star Wars can't be taken away or erased.  Anyway . . . 2 cents.

^^^THIS^^^

If I can live through the holiday special, I can live through this. Vive La Guerre des Etoiles!
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu

"Hey! Lets cut that Trawn, Mara Jade, Jaina, Jacen nonsense and kill off Darth Maul and Qui Gon Jinn because those characters are WAY boring. But we need to make sure Jar Jar is in EVERY prequel and The Clone Wars. Battle droids need to say 'Roger Roger' for comic relief. Make sure that say it ALOT! Kids just love that. Also I think the force should be a parasitic organism... Oh and one more thing... Wouldn't it be awesome to have slingshots that shot little ball of lightsaber energy?"

*facepalm*

-Denzil

boom

Knight50

You gotta be kidding me, a light slingshot? This show is getting more idiotic by the nanosecond. I don't think i'll be giving this a look at any time soon.

Offline omitsukage

• No Force
Sure, it's silly and it requires a bit of suspension of disbelief for the sake of entertainment. Then again, so do these:
Swords made of LIGHT, man.
Shooting lightning out of your hands with your mind powers.

That said, it's hardly the worst thing to happen to this particular franchise.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
 ::) ::)

Yes That's stupid!! :-[ :-[

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
Wow.  I was not aware of this information.
Very disappointing.

Offline The Doctor

• Force User
  • ALLONS-Y
Sure, it's silly and it requires a bit of suspension of disbelief for the sake of entertainment. Then again, so do these:
Swords made of LIGHT, man.
Shooting lightning out of your hands with your mind powers.

That said, it's hardly the worst thing to happen to this particular franchise.

this

Offline The Doctor

• Force User
  • ALLONS-Y

*facepalm*

-Denzil

boom

k, if you dislike it so....why stick with it?

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
I love how the internet has given everyone the ability to know exactly how much they approve of something before they actually experience it

retrousse