fiduciary

Author Topic: Your Most Prized SW Piece  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
Your Most Prized SW Piece
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »
Post em up! Only one thing is allowed per person. Anakin, you'll need to narrow down your vast collection  ;D ;D

Mine is my MHS project. 11 months of blood, sweat, and tears went into this project.

I transformed a basic hilt from this:

Into This:

Full details of the build are located HERE on TCSS.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Re: Your Most Prized SW Piece
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
for me its a toss up between the Vader ROTJ artist proof I won playing trivia,
or the vader ROTS helmet I (also) won playing trivia.  ;D

(the trivia prizes mean a lot to me)

I've also got a few fx's I won playing trivia that have never been opened.  (luke ESB, vader ESB, yoda and frodo.   yes, frodo)
--> for some reason the ones I got from Amy mean more to me than the same model bought from redford  *shrug* go figure.
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline vex

• Sith Commander
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »
Mine would be my early 80's don post Vader mask. I've had it since I was 2 or 3. I'm about to post a thread about customizing it btw..

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
Mine would have to be my Ani ROTS   :)
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »
Mine would have to be my Graflex with US and 5w that I built.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 10:30:43 AM »
for me its a toss up between the Vader ROTJ artist proof I won playing trivia,
or the vader ROTS helmet I (also) won playing trivia.  ;D

(the trivia prizes mean a lot to me)

I've also got a few fx's I won playing trivia that have never been opened.  (luke ESB, vader ESB, yoda and frodo.   yes, frodo)
--> for some reason the ones I got from Amy mean more to me than the same model bought from redford  *shrug* go figure.

I'm the same way! Plus..those trivia wins are hard fought items since they're usually 10 question rounds ;) I was "there" when you won both!  When did you get a Sting FX for a trivia win?? I've been getting a ton of Bond related items for wins lately. Anyone collect Corgi Bond die cast cars??

For me I love my Yoda Luke ESB/ANH graflex Lux 3 kit but I do tend to cherish the trivia prizes more just like Wedge. So I guess my favorites are some of the bigger trivia wins. I love my Falcon LE, which although it wasn't free was VERY cheap thanks to a $1000 off trivia win code. Then there are my Obi-Wan ROTS FX, Vader ESB FX, and Mace Windu FX which were all trivia wins. The Mace was especially cool since I hinted to Amy at the time that I didn't have a Mace and that was exactly what she sent me! Same thing with the gold mini sabers I have. I don't really collect them but I can't really bring myself to part with them as they're all trivia prizes.

Actually...mini saber trivia wins were what got me into collecting mini sabers. Same thing for mini blasters. Won a Han .33 SDCC and a Han Regular and then ended up getting the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett to round out the collection.

Since I have 2 Vader ESBs, one of these days I'll probably convert the MR prize one to a Luxeon so I can make a nice little display of it and my Yoda Luke ANH/ESB together.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:35:56 AM by BIGGS DARKLIGHTER »

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
Amy must have kept a list of items sent, because she was always very careful to send me mini sabers that I didn't already have hehe. I don't think she ever sent the same item twice ;) the frodo was one of the last things I won..  (and I haven't won anything since ~september(ish) so it was quite a while ago) ..she probaly ran out of minis to send me so she sent that instead hehe

and yeah, for me too, it was Amy's trivia prizes that promted me to start collecting the minis.   
and the helmets (won the vader then bought 5 more). 
and the LE's for that matter (I only had one before I won one in trivia; now I have six more to keep it company)

--> for me,  the trivia prizes were a great way to introduce a guy to product lines that I might not have ever seen otherwise.  its not like I can just go to walmart and check them out on the shelf. most places around here don't have any MR_stuff on display, if you happen to even find a shop that deals the stuff (which is rare).   if it weren't for Amy I might not have ever seen a real MR helmet in person.  (check out the "saber addiction" thread.. thats how they hook you, man.. FREE SAMPLES!! ARGGHH!!] ;)
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
Amy must have kept a list of items sent, because she was always very careful to send me mini sabers that I didn't already have hehe. I don't think she ever sent the same item twice ;) the frodo was one of the last things I won.. 

--> for me,  the trivia prizes were a great way to introduce a guy to product lines that I might not have ever seen otherwise.  its not like I can just go to walmart and check them out on the shelf. most places around here don't have any MR_stuff on display, if you happen to even find a shop that deals the stuff (which is rare).   if it weren't for Amy I might not have ever seen a real MR helmet in person.  (check out the "saber addiction" thread.. thats how they hook you, man.. FREE SAMPLES!! ARGGHH!!] ;)

You know...that's totally true. I've NEVER gotten the same prize twice. Never even thought about that!

Totally agree on your last point. Honestly, had it not been for trivia I don't know if I would have moved beyond the FXes for collecting. In a way I guess my wife is probably lucky that I've never seen a full size helmet, lightsaber, or blaster in person!

That said...now that I have a Falcon, there is NO WAY I won't get a SS X-wing no matter what it costs!   ;)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 11:18:22 AM »

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »
This is my dearest baby  ;)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/nikkis1982/boba018-1.jpg?t=1201979874

Nice!  Is that a Don Post Fett Helmet??

I don't know what that is, but it's not that great, I wanna have MR's Boba Fett helmet, but I mean that the Boba Fett SE Blaster is my most prized sw piece  ;)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »
Why did I start this thread??

Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard. ARGH!!!

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
Vintage Graflex Hyperblade Luke ANH/ESB kit, made by Yoda.  ;)

clickables
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
 :o ;)

My prize saber will be the new norman!!Pics when I finished building it.It will have a cf 3.0 board . ;D

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 06:01:59 PM »
Mine WAS my ROTJ style custom saber until it stopped working, and I took it apart so I could sell the parts, now its my talking Darth Vader coin bank
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

retrousse