fiduciary

Author Topic: Thermal Detonator Hot Potato Game Review  (Read 2577 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Thermal Detonator Hot Potato Game Review
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »
Review:
I was bummed out when I receive my TD from the kickstarter run. Way to much finishing to get a presentable prop. Even with an spiffy new Plecterlabs soundboard, I could not get any motivation to finish it. so I sold it on ebay. While researching that I stumbled on a preorder for a Thermal Detonator Hot Potato Game.  8)
It has lights and sound. Movie mode and game mode.
Game mode ends with and explosion sound, and a quote from C-3PO, Jabba, Darth Maul, General Grevous and Count Dooku
Princess Leia as Boushh would have been nice, but people would have thought the speaker broke, I guess....

The housing is plastic, so dropping it during a game mode would not be advised.

I would advise getting one, if you do not want to spend the time finishing one of the kickstarter ones or just want a cheaper one to troop with.
I think it could be taken apart and modified for a li-ion rechargeable setup, if you inclined to do so.

Notes:
Movie sounds and Game mode
Uses 4 x LR44 batteries
Retail is 25.00

Video http://youtu.be/i9Y4ehRdFrE

Pics

ebay search brings up some listings at the time of posting
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=thermal+detonator&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
Re: Thermal Detonator Hot Potato Game Review
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »
For that price, it would make a fun afternoon project to modify.  I'm thinking about getting one.  While it wouldn't be 100% accurate, with some aluminum tape, and paint it could make for an inexpensive, close enough looking (and functional) prop.

retrousse