fiduciary

Author Topic: Gemini Concepts' NEWEST saber...THE DARK INFINITY (with purple bladed goodness!)  (Read 6925 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
I would like to know what power supply you are using too.

For you next project using a tri RRB, you may want to use some purple or ultraviolent accent LEDs from LEDsupply.

http://www.ledsupply.com/5mm-leds.php

Thanks for the tips! I think it will work for my MJ

The power is 6v, simple 4 AAA battery set-up.

Thanks for the tip on the UV accents, I'll get a few of them ordered as well as the rgb blinking, that one seems pretty cool

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
I really like the leds in the pommel, and that Purple looks very bright!

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
Thanks everybody!  A video has been added to the first post and this should be listed in the trade federation tonight.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
 This lightsaber is stunning !!! ;D Awesome purple blade !!! :o

Offline DarrynVarson

• Master Force User
  • Aspiring Jedi
Wow, That is a nice looking saber. And that is a nice looking purple! Great combination of both. Nice work.

Offline Darth Magnus

• Experienced Force User
  • Yes my master, your will is my bidding
oooooooooooooooooooo I like that purple very pretty

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Daaaaannnngggggg Boys!  you might want to save some for the Con you know.  You put up everything you make and you'll sell everything you make!

I wish I could say something that hasn't been said before, so I'll quote the incomprable Swayze: Ditto!    8)

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Awesome saber, guys. That shade of purple is really outstanding.  8)

Offline Master Jedye

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com

We’ve also used LDM’s accent LED pommel design.  I’ve seen the pictures of other sabers with this but they don’t do it justice.  In person…this is so cool!  It’s looks amazing when spinning!   

As always, Darth Call did an amazing job with wiring this one up.
(Thanks, LDM for the great pommel idea)

Now that you guys have seen the Crystal Pommel in person, you understand how amazing it actually is.  Pictures truly do NOT do it justice!  And, yes it is UBER-cool while spinning.

This saber is really sweet!  You guys always do great sabers, I love the shroud work and the CP is sweet too! ;D

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
That lightsaber is absolutely stunning, Master Jedye. I love that wonderful shade of purple. It's beautiful. The only thing I would have done differently is I would have made the LEDs in the pommel purple to match the blade.  :P Other than that it looks perfect. Does it really turn from blue to purple when you turn it on and off or is that just the video?
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Master Jedye

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
Now that you guys have seen the Crystal Pommel in person, you understand how amazing it actually is.  Pictures truly do NOT do it justice!  And, yes it is UBER-cool while spinning.
This saber is really sweet!  You guys always do great sabers, I love the shroud work and the CP is sweet too! ;D

Thanks LDM.  When I saw yours for the first time, I thought..."Oh...cool".  Then Jango started doing it so we figured, "Let's see how it'll look."  The results are amazing so I thank you again for this innovative idea!  This beats ANY hilt accent LED.   ;) 
I think the next one will have a strobing accent LED in the pommel. 

That lightsaber is absolutely stunning, Master Jedye. I love that wonderful shade of purple. It's beautiful. The only thing I would have done differently is I would have made the LEDs in the pommel purple to match the blade.  :P Other than that it looks perfect. Does it really turn from blue to purple when you turn it on and off or is that just the video?
Thank you AAYLA.  The thought had crossed my mind for a purple LED but... (1) I didn't have one readily available and I'm VERY impatient.  :D  (2) It might have been hard to match the exact purple from the Tri-rebel.  Depending on how it's wired, it can have different shade of purple.  Darth Call showed me three different options of purple, simply by moving wires around.  It really is a GREAT LED and you have a lot of options with it.  But I do agree, the right purple would have looked awesome too!  (We will try that with another saber)
As the saber ramps on, the blue LED is activated first and then (just a split second later) the reds activate.  When it's powered down, the reds go off first and then the blue.  So yes...what you saw in the video was not an illusion.  DC was going to fix it but I think I like it this way.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:47:09 AM by Master Jedye »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
The crystal pommel accent LED is one of my favorite features. I've been adding it to all my sabers lately.
Thank you AAYLA.  The thought had crossed my mind for a purple LED but... (1) I didn't have one readily available and I'm VERY impatient.  Cheesy  (2) It might have been hard to match the exact purple from the Tri-rebel.  Depending on how it's wired, it can have different shade of purple.

I thought about this. I am going to try different resistors to try and match the color.
I ordered some UV and purple LEDs from LEDsupply just for this.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
the UV LED works well as does the violet.  The violet is a little more purple and also a little more expensive.  These particular LEDs work best as Crystal pommel LEDs IMO.  Try putting the LEDs inside the appropriately colored acrylic crystal and you will be hooked (that is what I do most of the time, and you can see the crystal inside the pommel (not on video) which is really cool!) ;D

Offline Master Jedye

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
Try putting the LEDs inside the appropriately colored acrylic crystal and you will be hooked (that is what I do most of the time, and you can see the crystal inside the pommel (not on video) which is really cool!) ;D
I bet that is awesome with the MPS insert that has all those slots cut into it or a custom insert (or ever a clear acrylic insert!).  Actually, a clear acrylic MPS insert, with a proper sized crystal and smaller accent LED (not the superbrites) and your reverse sound....that would be amazing, especially if you can get a pulsing accent LED.  So the bottom of the saber would appear "open" and exposing a lit, pulsing crystal.

And just to clarify, when you say "appropriate colored acrylic crystal", you mean a matching one, right?  So a red led in a red crystal, a purple led in a purple crystal.

Thanks LDM and Jango.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:03:56 AM by Master Jedye »

retrousse