fiduciary

Author Topic: Outstanding transactions for Outer Rim Armory excluding Overlords  (Read 20968 times)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: Outstanding transactions for Outer Rim Armory excluding Overlords
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »
Guys, let's please remember that we've still got forum rules we have to follow here - no matter how touchy or sensitive the topic is.

AA, post edited for content.

Let's not make an already unfortunate situation even more tense.

No more bickering, please.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 08:18:12 AM »
My apologies, OWK. I just don't like someone else taking my money into their own hands for the sake of cracking themselves up. It might be pointless, but I have the right to be the judge of that for myself.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »
To echo Obi Wan, I think we all need to remember what the real problem is here.

ORA has hurt this hobby in a way that no one expected.  Let's try to focus on the real problem.  I read all these posts daily and I feel for all involved.  I can also see how personalities differ and individual responses differ.  For Shade it's easier to laugh it off then fume about it.  Then there are those that like to fume.

Looking at the past six months or so I highly doubt any comment made in this thread or any other ORA thread will make a bit of difference.  The only real thing to come out of ORA has been the partial shipment to Jango.  I believe the only reason that was sent was the fear of legal action.   There are many members out money and parts from member to mod to arbiter.  This will be with us for a very long time.

Let's all try to stop the bickering at each other.  Our hands are tied on this matter.  All we can do is wait and hope.  

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »
If you don't get anything it's on DT's hands not mine. What I say shouldn't have any bearing on anyone else's situation but mine. So please, don't even try to make me out to be the bad guy. That's rofl-licious! This is the last time I'll address that point. What I say is nothing personal against anyone here, even DT believe it or not, so if it comes across as harsh...sorry and that's about the closest to an apology anyone will hear from me in this thread :-X

I'm not here to pick a fight with members, maybe I'll switch to 2 month bumps. I'm sure I'll still have the time to get my moneys worth anyway. ::)

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
If you don't get anything it's on DT's hands not mine. What I say shouldn't have any bearing on anyone else's situation but mine.

Oh, I agree that it shouldn't. But that has no bearing on whether or not it does. And since DT has been most absent since the war of words on this forum a month or so ago, it's hard for anyone to say beyond any doubt that it definitely doesn't.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
Some people get bent out of shape on the silliest of things. Shadeslinger's posts are the only thing funny about this entire maddening, frustrating, convoluted mess. He laughs at the stupidity of the whole thing, which is something I wish, in my frustration, I could do.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2009, 12:56:18 PM »
Honestly guys, if I was owed by DT I would be another shade myself.  It is my personality to try to make light of my pain.  We're the Chandler Bings of Star Wars.  :D

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2009, 08:50:36 PM »
Hey, I've had a saber hilt with sentimental value tied up between Ultra and DT for over three years now. Of course I'm upset. And I'm fine with making light of the situation, but there's a difference between that and just chucking barbs at DT and basically daring him to vanish altogether. I don't know, maybe most of you don't have sabers at DT's studio that were given to you by a loved one who's passed away, but for my own part, I want to get my damned hilt back, and I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen even if hope is slim.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
Andy, I am really sorry to hear that.  We all are hoping that you and everyone involved with ORA gets their sabers and projects.  I will keep my fingers crossed extra hard for you :(

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2009, 11:25:55 PM »
So will I, even more for you getting that hilt than for me getting my parts...I'm really very sorry to hear that has happened to you Andy, this situation must be extra tough on you, may your loved one RIP, and even though I'm 'not paid to care about anyone other than myself getting anything' you won't see me assuming that just because we havent got our items yet we never will nor as you put it daring DT to vanish based on that assumption. Instead I'll keep hoping you and everyone including I get what we are owed...some may assume Hope can't help but I say it can't hurt as much as being a 'wiseacre' taking potshots about things can...just my $0.02, everyone elses mileage may vary...I prefer to take the Light Side but that's just me...anyway I've held my tongue for awhile now but what you said moved me to comment Andy...whatever happens with this I hope that your loved one has left a light in your heart brighter than any lightsaber and that it will always shine for you...MTFBWYA.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2009, 12:56:39 AM »
Understand, folks, that the sarcasm and occasional barbs are not meant to antagonize someone into or out of action. Just the opposite. They are a way of coping. We all do it differently. And we need to let everyone deal with it in their own way. Someone making snarky remarks isn't a belittlement of the dilemma any more than someone doing the opposite - sitting quietly and hoping. It's a way of dealing with a situation that becomes more absurd every day.

And the thing to not forget here is that if someone who was paid (contracted) to do work for you can/would just walk away in a huff because people are upset at the constant delays, fumbles and excuses, then a) they have no business ethics at all, and never did and b) you have given them too much control. You want stuff back? Get it. Call the police, tell them that goods are being held without cause. Send them. Get the law involved. Then look at court. There are many, many options, other than sitting and doing nothing. Seems like recently, the only way to get anything done is to hit people where it really hurts - the wallet. So if there are enough people here waiting, with no news, no updates, and more money than they wish they had spent involved, there's always class action...

Its frustrating to us all. But eventually, there needs to come a time where we stop hoping things will get done, and start making it happen...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »
Ah-Ha! An update. Read this thread if you have any dealing with DT on an order that does not pretain to Overlord's.   http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=21294.msg317282#msg317282

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »
Thanks Senti Xamas!  8)

I hadn't gotten around to posting that link here yet.

Mods, Could we please move this topic to pit after I get done updating?  Or at least lock it. 

There is a bit of negativity here that is detrimental to the cause of fixing this issue. Plus it is a bit redundant since I have a list format on the other topic that will be much easier to manage than trimming this down by splitting.

Thanks....

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »

Mods, Could we please move this topic to pit after I get done updating?  Or at least lock it. 

yep, we can lock it once u finish the updates, just let us know when you're done/ready.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
Thanks Chewbacca! I'll let you know as soon as I get all the info transferred over... Gotta run and sell some cable TV packages or something, the boss just gave me the "look" :D

retrousse