fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin ROTS FX Saber Review  (Read 6876 times)

Offline Darth Sindir

• No Force
  • You don't know the power of the dark side!
Anakin ROTS FX Saber Review
« on: July 14, 2005, 02:06:02 PM »
Hello all! I'd like to share my thoughts on the Anakin ROTS FX Saber.

First off, I'd like to state that this may be the coolest thing i have bought ever. I really love the idea that i can wield my own lightsaber and act like a nut with it and i'm really glad MR decided to take up this project.

On to the review!

Where shall i begin?

The arrival:
So today started like any other summer vacation day. I wake up at around 12 o'clock, shower, and do all the other daily hygienics. I walk down my stairs and kick on my computer. While i'm waiting for this piece of junk to boot up i grab some breakfast. I sit down at my desk and check my e-mail. Oh, sweet! Order confirmation from BestBuy.com. Arrival: 7/14/05. What? THAT'S TODAY! Awesome! Well, to pass the time i sit down, play some Halo 2, watch some TV and before i know it, it's nearly 3 o'clock. Dag yo. I get up to check if the package has arrived at my doorstep. Nothing but the gloomy day. I return to my television and flip through some channels. About an hour later the doorbell rings! "YES," i shout out loud. I rush to the door and see that slim brown package sitting at the foot of the door. I pick it up gently and bring it inside. Carefully i cut the tape with a knife only to see "Anakin Skywalker Force FX Collectible" greeting me as i pull the black box out of the package. I stare in awe at the box. When i find there is more tape to be cut i let out a long sigh. Oh well. I run to get the knife i previously used to cut open the cardboard box. I arrive again and begin cutting the tape off the box holding what i've been waiting so long for. ALAS! The tape is cut! I open the box slowly and see it. I let out an "Oooh," and continue removing the styrofoam that has held my baby for the duration of the shipping process. I carefully pull off the final plastic wrapping. I just hold the saber in awe for a few moments. I run my fingers up and down the blade with elegance. "So smooth..." i say. I take a hold of the hilt. Sturdy as anything. I flip the "On" switch. Nothing. BATTERIES! "Doh!" I tell myself. I rush to the draw where the batteries are stored. Duracell Ultra to the rescue! Quickly i unscrew the bottom of the hilt noticing other details of the hilt. I pop in 3 batteries and quickly put the holder back in. I grasp the hilt and hit the switch. Pure joy rushes across my face as the 64 LED's beautifully light up sequentially."Amazing," I whisper. I swing the blade around a few times. I notice the sounds are near perfect. I hit the blade against a chair in the room, softly. I hear the wonderful "clash" sound and i let out a, "That's awesome." I flick the switch again and the light rushes back into whence it came. I take more time to examine other aspects of this beautiful product.

The hilt:
The hilt on this thing is amazing. The detail is simply unbelieveable. It is mostly made of metal but there are some other plastic parts such as the Off/On switch. There are solid rubber grips towards the bottom of the hilt. Near the top of the hilt there are two metal "prongs." I don't know how else to describe them. Below them is a switch with a red button on it. A little lower, but on the opposite side is another red button. There are also two circles with two things sticking out in them. If you go into the middle section of the hilt there you wil find the activation switch along with the activation matrix (the thing that sticks out). Below that are the rubber grips as i had mentioned before. Then on the very bottom is the sound holes, which leads me to my next topic.

The sounds:
The sounds are very well done indeed. They are digitally recorded from the movie sound effects. Digital is a bit of an overstatement though. The sound can be slightly choppy at times, but it doesn't take from the enjoyment of this collectible. Power-up, power-down, idle, swing, and clash sounds can be heard by doing they're respective actions. The sound is also pretty loud and i almost wish there was an on/off or volume control switch for the sound. I believe the sounds are the worst part of this product, but don't get me wrong they are still very enjoyable.

The blade:
The blade is made out of polycarbonate and is very sturdy. Inside of the polycarbonite tube lies the string of 64 super bright LED lights. When activated light shoots up the polycarbonate and produces an intense blue glow. Even in daylight the blade glows brightly. Swinging the blade around is mesmerizing, seeing the blue flow around beautifully. In the dark the blade proves to be even brighter and more beautiful. I can't wait to see the red of the Darth Vader Saber.

Overall these sabers are top quality and are totally worth the $120 you'll most liekly pay for one of these. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 08:52:18 PM by Darth Sindir »
Currently awaiting a Vader ESB

As soon as that gets here I'm gonna order an Anakin ROTS

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
Re: Anakin ROTS FX Saber Review
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:48:23 PM »
Good review!

I felt like I was there waiting with you! hahhaha

now go have some more fun with that badboy!

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Deathbylightsaber

• No Force
  • I want a Qui-Gon lightsaber! NOW!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 04:16:07 PM »
I am too lazy to write my own review and since we agree on most issues I will just ad on to yours  ;D . I have to agree with you on the sound. I just received my saber today and I am not overly impressed by the sound, specifically the swing. Even though I was warned I am still not happy that the on/off switch is just painted plastic  :-\ . I was very impressed by the intensity of the blade and the power up and down effects. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

Offline UberJediVK

• formerly known as UberJediVK
  • Master Force User
  • Nice..
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 05:34:07 PM »
very good review...

mine is on the way... as soon as i figure out how to put this baby down!  ;)
"What's in there?"

"...Only what you take with you..."

FX Collection:
Anakin ROTS
Vader ESB

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 06:09:27 PM »
Very nice review!  You covered all the important things! :)
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

Offline Darth Eunice

• SAVANT TOGRUTA, SAGE OF YORE
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 06:14:01 PM »
nice review! ;D
May the Force be with you! :D

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 06:15:43 PM »
excelent review

Offline jediwrath

• Experienced Force User
  • 66 is a magic number!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 08:05:36 PM »
good review but does ur anakin like mine and most have the slight rattling in the hilt

Chewbacca68

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:41:33 PM »
Excellent Review! Just one thing... Try using Alkaline Batteries.. I've been hearing that those make the Saber sound and look a  lot better..

Chewbacca68

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 07:00:22 PM »
ok, after reading all the reviews, i finally decided to get the anakin.

went back to borders, and lo and behold, they had 5 Luke's on display ($129 each)
and they had 6 each of Vader and Anakin for $99 each.

So I picked up an Anakin and then walked back in and decided to get another Vader that I am going to send out to get modded with a removable blade.

As soon as I get home, I'm gonna open up Anakin!

Offline Leading

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 04:14:48 PM »
Awesome review.
"Fear.....Fear attracts the Fearful..The strong,the weak,the innocent......Fear is my Ally"
-Darth Maul

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 11:56:48 PM »
Excellent review, I love it especially when it's very bright

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 01:46:05 PM »
Pretty nice review  ;)

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 09:01:46 PM »
Awesome review guys! i have been reading about these tools since late June of 2005. It is now 2 days until December! I'm getting an Anakin Revenge   of the Sith sometime after the 16th of December! Can't freekin wait! So excited! does annyone have any tips or annything for me on whether the Anakin one is good, or should i get a different one (example: Mace Windu, Vader, Luke, etc...)? So just review me back on what you all think.

Thanks alot!

:) ;D 8) :-\
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 09:09:53 PM »
P.S.: The Darth Maul FFX saber is coming out February 2006...i know...it's a long wait....but hey, the Obi Wan Kenobi FFX from Revenge of the Sith is coming out this May 2006!
Just wanted to share my info with you guys, hope it comes in handy!

P.P.S: I'm new at FX-Sabers, does annyone know how to add gif images in your messages?

Cya all on Tatooine!
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

retrousse