fiduciary

Author Topic: Accurate Obi ROTS anyone?  (Read 19781 times)

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
Re: Accurate Obi ROTS anyone?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
In regards to the setup, I know it will have a CF 7.5 and a Tri LED, but will it have the CEX as well or just the CF by itself?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 06:22:27 PM »
I posted this in the split off topic but decided to post it here as well.  Please drop the LS from discussion in this thread...it is just not an option for this run and is not up for discussion at this point.

LOL at how this escalated.  Here is the thing...I have nothing against LS and it has its place just as the regular LED does.  Both are great technologies and everyone has their preferences.  There is nothing at all wrong with that.  I like both though I do not personally have any LS sabers anymore.

The problem is we did not design the hilt for LS and we are keeping things as simple as possible to make it more affordable and easier for installs as well.  The only option this run will have will be the color of the FoC you want...no CS, no PC...just CF 7.5 and a tri-LED.

While I completely understand people wanting an LS it is just not an option for the said run.  I am really sorry that I cant accommodate everyone with this run as much as I would like to...I just cant.  If you want to get it, sell the CF7.5 and LED and put a LS in then that is your prerogative and you will probably come out about the same in the end had I offered it but it will not be an option from me.  I do not want to dissuade people from buying on the run but I am just not offering them in an LS format. 

on the brightness side of things will the led be in the emitter or behind the neck section?

When designing the saber with the machinist we had some options.  We could have larger blade depth or a brighter blade.  I want to keep this 100% accurate but I also wanted brightness.  I decided to put the LED in the emitter and lose some blade depth because the hole for the neck on this saber is really small and I felt it would be dim especially with a tri LED.  We also decided to keep the blade holder at the correct length for accuracy so it reduces depth there.  The blade depth is roughly the same as the MKIII so it shouldn't be an issue at all but with the LED being right under the blade it will be plenty bright.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
In regards to the setup, I know it will have a CF 7.5 and a Tri LED, but will it have the CEX as well or just the CF by itself?

No it will not have a CEx.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

No it will not have a CEx.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »
Is there a ballpark estimate for this?  As it won't be an empty like the skinnyflex, it's obviously going to be more, yet it would be a great set.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 07:50:06 PM »
Well I think it will be OK to put it here because we have decided on the price and payment structure.  Once we get the wording hammered out for everything we will post the run thread officially.

The cost will be $1300 plus shipping.  $400 deposit to get on the run, $300 once the hilts are machined and the rest once the installs are done.  That will give you the opportunity to buy in for cheaper, make another payment down the road and be left with a final payment once the sabers are complete.

There will be 20 slots max.

Offline Modern-Day Warrior

• Force User
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »
$1300? *whistles* Do I get a cut for selling you my eFx Obi ROTS, Chewie?  Seems only fair. ;D

Kidding, of course. Just hope I can jump on this when the slots open.

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
Can't wait to hold that baby in my hands  :D Awesome work guys!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 12:06:42 PM »
Yes this saber is looking very nice.

This Obi is a no-nonsense Jedi weapon!!

Offline Watto

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »
WOW!!!!!! 

PM Sent  ;)

Offline Modern-Day Warrior

• Force User
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 11:23:33 AM »
I'm gonna wind up with an ulcer waiting for this hilt. Payment prepared, just waiting for the run thread to pop up... :jediblue:

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »
so sorry for the delay.  I have been swamped with work on a couple of down servers and I am just behind.  I hope to have everything posted tonight.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 07:41:13 PM »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline TrypWyr

• Master Force User
Re: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2015, 07:01:44 AM »
Awesome saber, congrats on whoever is able to get in on the run!

Just a side thought... If you are having accurate "gear" greeblies made for the side of the saber by the box, you could probably sell any extras handily. I know many, including myself, have looked for one and not found much except 3D printed pieces... wink wink. ;)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2015, 07:11:47 AM »
Awesome saber, congrats on whoever is able to get in on the run!

Just a side thought... If you are having accurate "gear" greeblies made for the side of the saber by the box, you could probably sell any extras handily. I know many, including myself, have looked for one and not found much except 3D printed pieces... wink wink. ;)

I moved your post here to get it out of the run thread.

I have already had extra star greeblies made when I did them for my hybrid saber.  I just do not know what to charge yet.

retrousse