fiduciary

Author Topic: Custom Obi Hybrid saber run w/ real copper and brass thin neck sign up thread.  (Read 31538 times)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
No worries, MH, er Chewie. Thanks for the update. I know these sabers will be incredible and well worth the wait!

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Thanks for the update MH, take as much time as needed.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
I got in the last of the pieces I was waiting on today.

Click for larger image.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Those look awesome! Thanks for the update MH!

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
Are any of those star greeblies for sale MH? Any chance you have some spare?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH

maybe but I have to check and see.

Offline Khal

• Master Force User

maybe but I have to check and see.

Okay man, thanks!

If you could drop me a PM if you have any spare that would be great!

Thanks

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
also interested in the copper greeblie.

Offline Khal

• Master Force User
Hey Chewie, Did you manage to see if you had some spare greeblies?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
OK guys I know I have PMed everyone on the run a while back but wanted to publicly post updates to make it easier.

As I mentioned with the new contracts my company has gotten I have just been swamped for the last 6 months or so but I have a little help now (new tech south of me) and although I will still be much busier I am getting a little more free time to work on these.  I do apologize that it went out of my time frame quickly but I did not know when I started the run that we would be getting these new contracts that would try to work me to death (or I would have never started the run).

That said here are my updates so far.

The necks are done (brass and copper) and right now I am working on the emitters (part of the emitters is done) and grenades.  I have to get some new brass for the neck ring because I got the wrong size when I ordered (didn't realize until I started machining).  What I have will work but is just too big and will cause too much waste of material and time.  I will get that ordered today or tomorrow so I can get them knocked out.  I hope to have those finished in a couple of weeks and then start the installs.  I am going to push to try and get these knocked out as soon as I can.  I am "hopeful" that I can have them all finished and start shipping by the end of Feb and that is a realistic goal if things stay like now (steady but not overwhelming like before).  I appreciate the patience that everyone has shown through the delays.  It has taught me that I may probably never do a run on my own again unless I get a different job.

As always feel free to PM or email me if you have any concerns or questions.

I will post some pics this weekend.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Thanks for the update, Chewie! I know these will be well worth the wait!

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
OK here is a progress pic.  I know it doesn't look like much but it represents hours of machining time for me.  turning down the copper and brass pieces, parting them, threading them, grooving them all in the exact same place and cutting them down to the exact same size.  And of course there is the blade holder that takes a little time as well (but its only one so far).

The neck ring is not the correct one.  It is one I made a while back when making the first hybrid saber.  The dimensions are just off a little.  I am just showing it on the neck piece for reference.

I hope to have all the blade holders done by the end of next weekend and then I will move to the grenade section.  Once the new brass piece comes in I can finish the neck ring.

again thanks for the patience and hopefully I will be able to continue the progress I am making now.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:14:58 PM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Looking good! Is that Blade holder style #8? When you can, anyway to show that with blade holder style#16 side by side?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Looking good! Is that Blade holder style #8? When you can, anyway to show that with blade holder style#16 side by side?

It is #8.  The next one I do will make sure it's #16 and show a side by side for you.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Cool, thanks Chewie!

retrousse