fiduciary

Author Topic: Custom Obi Hybrid saber run w/ real copper and brass thin neck sign up thread.  (Read 31538 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
OK sorry for the delay but I was waiting on a couple of things before I posted.

Everything is clear so I will be offering the run.  The saber will be based on this saber:

Hybrid MHS Obi with real brass and copper thin neck...run interest posted page 3

The run will be limited to 10 and if it fills up then its full.  If not I will probably leave it open for a week before I close it and order the parts.  If its closed and someone wants in later (if it doesn't reach 10) please PM me and we will discuss the possibility.  Once I close the order and get deposits I will be ordering all the materials I need.  I will post progress pics in this or a new thread.

I am offering a few options and when you post you are ready to pay the deposit you will need to specify what the options you want are.

The saber will be $550 plus shipping.  To be on the run you will need to paypal me half of the money ($275) and I will ask for the remainder when I am finished.  I am hopeful to finish it by the end of September but do not be surprised if I am able to finish before (a lot depends on work and how smoothly my machine work goes).

To secure your spot post in this thread that you are ready to pay the deposit and what your options are.  I will PM you after that (when I am on so do not worry if there is a little delay) and give you my paypal address to make the deposit.  I think that is the best way so I do not have to refund anyone just in case it goes over 10.

OK here are the options and I want you to list them just like the example I will give below.

First option is the emitter.  You can have the emitter I did on the other saber which is blade holder 16 or you can have the more traditional blade holder 8 (but it will be cut to fit over my blade holder like the other saber).

Second option is the grenade.  You can have either 6 or 8 groove (these are the grooves that go from the top to the bottom not the circular grooves).  If you want just want to be different and use a different number of grooves that is doable as well if I have the correct spacer (I have 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 and 24) for my rotary table.

Third option is the side greeblies.  I have someone machining the star for me so that is an option.  You can have no greeblies, a star and copper stud, a transistor and copper stud, or two transistors.

Fourth option is the LED.  You can have either a rebel or a cree.  The difference is the color.  The Rebel is a light blue (kind of sky blue color) and the cree is a more pure blue. 

Fifth option is the activation card.  You can have either the PJ brass activation card or a bubble strip.  If you choose the bubble strip it will be silver under it (aluminum tape).  Talking with the owner of the other saber the copper wears where it contacts the button (from the pressure even though it has protection under it).

Sixth option is D ring, Covertec or NO belt clip.

Seventh option is the FoC color.  You can have W, G, A, R, or it can be full power (all blue no separate FoC color...just flicker during FoC)

The sabers will come with a CS2 but if you want a different board you can PM me for a quote. 
They will take a 7/8th blade but will not come with one.

Here is an example of how I want you to list your preferences.

MH
blade holder 16
6 grooves
star and copper stud
Rebel (light blue) LED
brass activation card
covertec
W FoC

Ready to pay deposit.

Please keep in mind that once you choose your options they are not to be changed especially after I order parts.  If you really want to change it BEFORE I order parts you can PM me to talk about it (do not want changes in the post that I may miss).

When you pay your deposit please put your forum name in the PayPal notes so I can keep up with who the deposit came from.  Also use normal payment for goods.

FAQs---I will add questions I get in case others have the same question.  I try to remember to cover all this stuff but forget and instead of redoing the main text I will just add the question and answer below. 

For the most part look at the other saber I built to answer most questions.  It will be basically the same except for the options you choose, sound board (including RGB and external RICE port) and the copper on the bubble strip.

---will it have in hilt recharge?  Yes it will have a 2.1mm recharge port in the pommel.

---Is FoC extra?  No it is included in the price.

---will it have touch plate activation?  Yes but I prefer to call it pressure plate activation ;) .  I do not do any clamp/card type switches without using this method.

Official list...

1. Greypanther

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:55:31 PM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Re: Official custom Obi Hybrid saber run sign up thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:51:05 PM »
RyDiddy
blade holder 8
6 grooves
star and copper stud
Tri Cree
brass activation card
covertec
A FoC

Deposit sent!

PM sent regarding board

Thanks MH!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:04:58 AM by RyDiddy »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: Official custom Obi Hybrid saber run sign up thread.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:36:59 AM »
Sithslayer 1

Bladeholder  # 8  (Modified to ANH style)
6 Grooves
Star and Copper Stud
9 watt Tri Cree Blue
PJ Brass (ROTS) activation Card
Covertec
Red  FoC

Ready to pay Deposit.

EDITED-  Deposit sent.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:39:10 AM by sithslayer1 »

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
Cad-Bayne

Bladeholder #8
6 Grooves
Copper Stud and one Transistor
9 watt Tri Cree Blue
PJ Brass (ROTS) activation Card
Covertec
White FoC

Ready to pay Deposit.

PM sent for sound board selection

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:48:02 AM by Cad-Bayne »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
If I was interested in an as close to canon Obi-Wan ROTS saber, what options would be recommended?

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
If I was interested in an as close to canon Obi-Wan ROTS saber, what options would be recommended?

I would say

blade holder 8
6 grooves
star and copper stud
tri cree
brass activation card
covertec

I intended for it to be more of a custom but with that mix it is a fair interpretation of the ROTS saber I think.  Not exact by any means but not a bad interpretation.

Offline ZeroSpeed

• Experienced Force User
  • Collector of Lightsabers
I think blade holder 16 is more accurate than bh8.
Why many people select BH8?

no saber,no life

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
I feel that this design can lend itself to the possibility of Obi's continuous modifications to his saber as time goes on leading to the end saber in ANH.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
For those that want reference to the ROTS saber, here is the MR LE version:

8)

And I agree, Chewbacca, those are probably the right specs to go with to get as accurate to ROTS as possible.  Blade holder 8 is the most accurate of the holders for ROTS after looking at the pic above and the pic of blade holder 8 on TCSS.  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:08:42 PM by Bruce Wayne »

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Just remember that you can choose whatever you want (within the options I mention) if you feel it makes it more accurate to the prop but it is not my intent at all to make this an accurate prop.

It is a cool custom saber that is fun to hold, spin and play with that just happens to have a lot of cues from the OBI saber (because the Obi sabers are among my favorites). 

I understand why people want to make it as accurate as possible but my fear is that people will be disappointed in its accuracy when that is not the intent of the saber in the first place.  If you want a 100% screen accurate saber this is not the saber for that.  That may not be the best selling point but I just want to be honest with people and if they want accuracy I would rather them NOT buy than to be upset they did because its not accurate enough.

I think Cad-Bayne has the right idea on this as being an in between or even one he may have thrown together over the years etc.

Offline jedi_starkiller

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Jedi_starkiller

blade holder 8
6 grooves
star and copper stud
tri cree
brass activation card
covertec
W FoC

Deposit sent
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:28:58 PM by jedi_starkiller »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
I feel that this design can lend itself to the possibility of Obi's continuous modifications to his saber as time goes on leading to the end saber in ANH.
-----------------------------------------------
Agreed! The cool thing about this run is that we are getting the choice to make the saber our own interpretation of what WE think makes for the best elements of the Obi-Wan ROTS/ANH elements.
As for me, I think the #16 blade holder is a bit more elegant. After the Mustafar battle with Ani, one could surmise that Obi's saber took a beating and that's when the emitter was changed for the more accurate #8 holder.  The fact that MH is giving us these options makes this run all the better!

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
too good to resist ;)

LUKE SKYWALKER
blade holder 16
6 grooves
copper stud and transistor
tri cree LED
brass activation card