fiduciary

Author Topic: Hybrid MHS Obi with real brass and copper thin neck...run interest posted page 3  (Read 21800 times)

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
Re: Hybrid MHS Obi with real brass and copper thin neck
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »
Chewy, now all you need to do is make MORE! Great job!!!

**Cough cough** do a run **cough cough** ;)

I would just be happy with a run of those emitters+skinny necks+MHS compatability, though its nice to know that one can with a little work make one of these bad-boys.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »
Thanks for all the comments everybody

Chewy, now all you need to do is make MORE! Great job!!!

**Cough cough** do a run **cough cough** ;)

I would just be happy with a run of those emitters+skinny necks+MHS compatability, though its nice to know that one can with a little work make one of these bad-boys.

I can't do that for sure but maybe in the future I can do a small run of the complete saber if enough people were interested.

Offline riverr02

• No Force
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 07:18:36 PM »
Well, I'm happy to say I'm the lucky guy getting that saber, and it's been a real pleasure to work with Chewbacca on this.  This'll be my first custom saber and from what I've seen thus far, I could not be happier.  BTW, I can't take credit for the copper colored bubble strip idea- that was actually my wife's idea!  Very glad she's supportive of this : )

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
Well, I'm happy to say I'm the lucky guy getting that saber, and it's been a real pleasure to work with Chewbacca on this.  This'll be my first custom saber and from what I've seen thus far, I could not be happier.  BTW, I can't take credit for the copper colored bubble strip idea- that was actually my wife's idea!  Very glad she's supportive of this : )

Congrats! Share a pic of you playing with it after you get it.

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
This is definitely my new favorite Obi Wan OT saber  :o I'd be interested in a future run if lower level soundboard options were offered. :)
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »
Well after being asked be a few people I am entertaining the thought of a run.

I still have to double check my totals but it looks like I would offer them for about $550 for a CSV2 version.  Keep in mind I have to machine the grenade section and neck (copper and brass) from scratch so there is a lot of the price (labor plus materials).  Members can choose between the 8 groove or 6 groove version.  If you wanted a PC or CF I could work out that price individually.

So if you are serious (as in you will put a deposit of half and not back out if I do decide to do it) post here and I will see if there is enough interest to proceed.  I would not start on them until September probably (that gives me July and August to clear out my installs).

Before you post keep in mind it will have a 7/8ths blade and no option to make it bigger.   

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
Would you be offering them empty as well?

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Awesome news! Would the $550 estimate be for the crystal reveal version or the non-reveal? If not, will there be an upgrade option for the reveal?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Would you be offering them empty as well?

No I am not offering empties. 

Awesome news! Would the $550 estimate be for the crystal reveal version or the non-reveal? If not, will there be an upgrade option for the reveal?

no that is not for a crystal reveal.  A crystal reveal is not really part of my thought process on this but if someone wanted one I would consider it on a case by case basis.  You can PM me and I will see if I can get a price upgrade for that.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
PM sent :)

Offline Ho-Wai Lowill

• Padawan Learner
  • Your focus determines your reality
pooh, definitely interested in getting one, but i would like it to be more ROTS accurate and dun mind paying a bit more to make up for that accuracy like the emitter / gear section...pm sent

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
pooh, definitely interested in getting one, but i would like it to be more ROTS accurate and dun mind paying a bit more to make up for that accuracy like the emitter / gear section...pm sent

Well this is for interest in this particular saber which is just a cool little saber and not intended to be accurate.  If you are not interested and want a more accurate saber that is fine but this is not the saber for that.  I did mention I would offer it with 6 or 8 grooves depending on what the person wants though. 

I have a more accurate one I am working on that I posted in that thread I would sell.

Offline Darth Hizzo

• Padawan Learner
  • Formerly Known as Darth Santa Naughty ... or nice?
interested

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User

Well this is for interest in this particular saber which is just a cool little saber and not intended to be accurate.  If you are not interested and want a more accurate saber that is fine but this is not the saber for that.  I did mention I would offer it with 6 or 8 grooves depending on what the person wants though. 

I have a more accurate one I am working on that I posted in that thread I would sell.

Which one are you referring to that is for sale?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH

Which one are you referring to that is for sale?

The mostly scratch built ROTS I am working on Obi ROTS WIP...crystal chamber added on page 3

When I finish it I will either sell it outright (if someone offers me what I want) or it will be auctioned off.

retrousse