fiduciary

Author Topic: Hybrid MHS Obi with real brass and copper thin neck...run interest posted page 3  (Read 21835 times)

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Interested in being on the run, 6 groove

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
Pardon me for these comments, but what is the 6/8 groove options referring to? The grenade section? And my knowledge on each saber model from movie to movie is practically nonexistent, but would I be able to get one with an Obi clamp card rather than a bubble strip? Maybe that's the ANH version, I wouldn't really know. I just can't stand bubble strips, they just don't say "saber" like a nice clamp card to me personally.

And also, would these sabers be considered shelf queens? Not like I would gorilla duel with it, but I like to take my sabers out for some swoosh-swooshing every one in a while  ;D
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
If that $550 price point is pretty set, I'm in on a 6  groove version with CS 2, covertec, ROTS Obi Activation card, one transistor, and  one copper  stud  on the side.

I realize this saber is more of a hybrid, but I already own a few ANH style Obis and like the ROTS style for this saber.

Thanks Michael
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:06:39 PM by sithslayer1 »

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Pardon me for these comments, but what is the 6/8 groove options referring to? The grenade section? And my knowledge on each saber model from movie to movie is practically nonexistent, but would I be able to get one with an Obi clamp card rather than a bubble strip? Maybe that's the ANH version, I wouldn't really know. I just can't stand bubble strips, they just don't say "saber" like a nice clamp card to me personally.

And also, would these sabers be considered shelf queens? Not like I would gorilla duel with it, but I like to take my sabers out for some swoosh-swooshing every one in a while  ;D

If that $550 price point is pretty set, I'm in on a 8 groove version with CS 2.   Would these come with the bubble strip like the one made for your customer, or a more accurate Pastor Jedi ROTS brass activation plate card?   I realize this saber is more of a hybrid, but I already own a few ANH style Obis and like the ROTS style for this saber.

Also, is the 8 groove the more accurate version for a ROTS (vs a 6 groove?)

Thanks Michael

Sorry I didn't mention the clamp card, the greeblies on the side or the D ring vs the covertec.  My plan is to make those options or optional.  I have to make sure I can source the clamp cards first (haven't gotten in touch with PJ yet).

The Obi ANH had 8 grooves running the length of the grenade (the relief cuts not the main cuts going around the grenade).  The Obi ROTS has 6.

I would not consider it a shelf queen but I also wouldn't do major dueling with it.  What I mean by major is really just whacking things or each other hard.  I did test the one I had out with my kids (they actually swing harder than some adults because they do not understand moderation sometimes lol) before putting electronics in it.  Just use common sense because the neck is thin AL.   

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
If I am interpreting this correctly, these are being offered as ROTS or ANH options, correct?? Sorry, idk if I am the only one wondering this so I figured I would out it out there ;)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Thanks for the info, Michael. I edited my post for a  6 groove ROTS style. I'm sure as you confirm more details on sourcing the ROTS brass activation plate cards and greeblies, folks will get more and more excited!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:14:58 PM by sithslayer1 »

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
If I am interpreting this correctly, these are being offered as ROTS or ANH options, correct?? Sorry, idk if I am the only one wondering this so I figured I would out it out there ;)

Well no not really.  What I am saying is you can mix and match how you want the saber.  I am not going to say ROTS or ANH option because this is not an accurate saber (I do not want people to think in terms of ANH or ROTS).

What I mean is this specifically. 

You can choose if you want 8 grooves or 6 grooves on your grenade.

You can choose if you want a bubble strip or a ROTS style card (if available)

You can choose if you want 2 transistors on the side, no transistors or one transistor and one copper stud (but no gear on the side since I do not want to fool with those).

You can choose if you want a covertec, D ring or no belt clip at all.

So you can customize it to what you like and mix and match etc.  Sorry for not mentioning these things before.

Offline Darth Hizzo

• Padawan Learner
  • Formerly Known as Darth Santa Naughty ... or nice?

Well no not really.  What I am saying is you can mix and match how you want the saber.  I am not going to say ROTS or ANH option because this is not an accurate saber (I do not want people to think in terms of ANH or ROTS).

What I mean is this specifically. 

You can choose if you want 8 grooves or 6 grooves on your grenade.

You can choose if you want a bubble strip or a ROTS style card (if available)

You can choose if you want 2 transistors on the side, no transistors or one transistor and one copper stud (but no gear on the side since I do not want to fool with those).

You can choose if you want a covertec, D ring or no belt clip at all.

So you can customize it to what you like and mix and match etc.  Sorry for not mentioning these things before.

Still interested :D

Offline Darthvix

• Master Force User
    • Darthvix Custom Sabers
interested
Best,
Terry

Offline jedi_starkiller

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Highly interested

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
Very interested

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
I got in touch with PJ and ordered some Obi ROTS cards for the clamp.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Well I am already at 6 interested.  I didn't want to do many (10 or less) so I will keep this open for a day or so and then post a real interest thread with options and such so you can choose exactly what you want for the saber.

I am definitely capping it at 10 though so if 4 more show interest then that is it.

Offline Greebles

• Formerly known as Codeweasel
  • Master Force User
  • “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
I am soooooo tempted.

(Rotary table or awesome saber? hrm....decisions)

-Denzil

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
I got in touch with PJ and ordered some Obi ROTS cards for the clamp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

COOL!  As posted, I'm IN.   Michael, how's the sound resonance on these going to be? I realize it's a tight internal space, but will these have decent volume?

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:59:29 PM by sithslayer1 »

retrousse