I hate to waste anything so I was looking around to see what I could do with the old grenade section I originally used for my ROTS build (since I replaced it with the correct 6 groove grenade).
Well since I threaded it for MHS pieces I began looking through my misc MHS parts I have collected over the years to see what I could come up with.
Since I was off work today and was doing some machining for customers I decided to modify a few of my own pieces as well to see what I could come up with.
Fist I started with the 4" double female deep fluted MHS piece and machined it down to accept a box # 7.
Second I used the original MHS pommel 3v2 I had machined for my first OBI ROTS build a couple of years ago (didn't find it until I had already ordered and modified another one for my current ROTS build) and internally threaded it for MHS parts. I put it in the double female section with a gender changer adapter.
Third I machined the neck ring similar to the ROTS but different and machined the copper neck piece.
I decided to connect them differently than the ROTS saber I am building so I internally threaded both of them.
Fourth...I made the blade holder and neck screw all from a solid piece of AL (this was really the only thing that took a while since I had to turn it so much).
Fifth...I cut off a blade holder #16 I had and press fit it onto the new blade holder piece.
Finally I screwed it all together. I think it turned out to be a neat saber.
I still have to machine out the blade holder for the LED and blade but I will deal with that another day since I ran out of time today.
Here are the pics...(click to enlarge)...
Questions, comments and constructive criticism welcome...