More wiring pics...click to enlarge
Here you can see the CEx outside of the hilt wired up. I took a plastic tube (same one used in the OM obi) and cut it to fit the inside of the neck piece to protect the CEx.
Then I pulled the Green and Blue (channel 1 and 2 of the CEx) wires up through the heatsink as I pushed the CEx up into the neck and cut and soldered the wires to the LED. I did this to keep the excess wire down.
Here you can see the CEx in the neck area.
Lastly here are all the parts in the forward piece (switches and recharge port). I had trouble with the small gauge wire breaking at the terminal when screwing the switches in so I decided to secure them with hot glue. This is not something I normally have to do but with the tight spaces and the way the switches are I felt this was the best way to make sure the wires stayed secure during the install. It also keeps them insulated (one switch is close to the recharge port...not touching but close enough that the glue is nice to have as an insulator).
The neck ring and thumbscrew are in the paint stripper. Tomorrow I will re powder them and put the saber together completely and post completed pics and a video.
Also I didn't address the carbon fiber stuff. Basically I didn't like how the heatshrink looked on the batteries under the board so I decided to dress it up with the carbon fiber sticker stuff I had. The batteries still have their individual heat shrink and the PCB also has its own heatshrink to protect it.