fiduciary

Author Topic: Idea for poor man's Anti-Vandal switch  (Read 1082 times)

Offline EvilOttoJr

• Padawan Learner
Idea for poor man's Anti-Vandal switch
« on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:22 AM »
I have an Ultrasabers Archon (one of their old E-series PVC line) that I really like. One of my few gripes with it (and all of my sabers) is that the particular guarded latching switch it uses, while functioning really well, is too guarded (basically I have to put my thumb in an awkward position to push it down far enough to activate) and rather plain. I came up with this idea and thought I might share it. I glued a glow in the dark bead I had (which I used to make "fire" back in my day collecting Godzilla figures) onto the button of the switch. I noticed it looked a bit like an Anti-Vandal switch (I love those), and the fact that it glowed in the dark made it look nice on the saber. It doesn't glow brightly, but that's okay since I don't like accents on the saber that are as bright as the saber itself. And, it's a lot more comfortable to use the switch. I can even turn it on with my palm. Plus, due to its position on the hilt, it's not likely to get accidentally activated. It also doesn't stick out too much and isn't in the way when I'm dueling with the saber.

Not really "technology", but I figured it'd help some of the people here add a bit of flash and ergonomics to their Ultrasabers or similar Luxeon sabers. I'd add pics but they really don't do it justice so I won't bother unless requested.

Owner of 5 Luxeon Ultrasabers: Archon (green), Nemesis (blue), Elder (orange), and Tempest (red S-curve double blade that detaches into two hilts), and soon to build my own sink tube RGB Luxeon saber!

retrousse