fiduciary

Author Topic: My Review of the Darth Maul-Double Sided  (Read 13414 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: My Review of the Darth Maul-Double Sided
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 10:08:55 PM »
It seems it's not just the Maul Owen... I think it's beginning to ink in that the MR FX is going the way of the Dodo. ;)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 10:10:35 PM »
True, they are pletiful on the Bay but not forever. I have seen some outrageous prices the last few days. Must act quick, me thinks.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline NightFire

• Force User
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »
Well, I come home and see that great brown box sitting by the front door!

After opening it, i see how it's packaged, they're lined up side by side in the typical FX way.
If you get this saber, do the right thing, don't turn it on until you have it put in Double Mode!  ;)
The Coupler is a bit tricky at first but if you actually read the instructions, then it's very easy!

After lighting it up i saw that the blade was actually red, not orange like many pictures show!
It has a very nice sinister sounding hum to it, and the swing sounds are very responsive, more than my Anakin or Obi-Wan!

So I took the two halves apart, held only one side, and found that this thing is way off balance, I remember seeing a NYJedi Video where the instructor was talking about balance points in a sword, so i tried to find the point on the single bladed Maul, and it's about 2 inches away from the emitter...On the Blade  If you use the coupler instead of the regular endcap though, it helps to balance the weight very much!

I have no idea how long these batteries last, because i don't have time to test them! Any help there?

Anyway,I give this saber a 9/10

I took away 2 points for being unbalanced and the rumored short battery life, but gave a point back for the pure cool factor of the double blade!  ;D

Here's a video i made to show how the hilt looks, NOTE: The blade does not actually look like this, the video camera automatically overexposes it! I do like the resulting effect though!

AWESOME video :) Congrats.

retrousse