fiduciary

Author Topic: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***  (Read 96767 times)

Offline dr.djcolegrove

• Force User
  • Impressive, most impressive
Re: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***
« Reply #435 on: August 26, 2021, 09:42:25 AM »
It has been a few months, any further updates on when these will be completed?  I am ready to send the final payment whenever.
VV/JQ Sabers: Starkiller; SC/VV: Qui-Gon limited edition; VV:Ardent Elite/Havoc/Hero; JQ Sabers:Graflex x2/Graflex Revisited/Lumi/Plo/Chromed Obi TPMx2/Chromed Duke; RO Sabers: Luke ANH and Rey TFA/Obi ANH/KotaV5; HARP: TFU1 SK/DM/SS/TFU2 SK/QGJ/Obi TPM; LDM: GK3/Jacen Solo; GCS: Bane/Ascend x2/Jaina Solo; SH: Force Witch x2/Padawan x2/Corran/Ahsoka pair/Luke V2/TFU2. OM/LDM: Stormtrooper/Skinnyflex; Goodman: Laceratus; FR: Gungi/Wampa/Kota/Yun/Tenel Ka/Darth Talon; NA: Darth Baras;OR: Adi Gallia/Mara Jade;MR:Sid; 89Sabers: Sid,LukeV2

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #436 on: August 26, 2021, 10:16:08 AM »
Received mine today you guys are gonna love it very accurate, hilt feels great
I decided to get it installed in uk is why I got it early

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 03:56:59 AM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline msasin

• No Force
« Reply #437 on: August 30, 2021, 10:02:56 AM »
Have the invoices been sent yet? Really looking forward to getting it now. They are looking great.

Offline Darth Imperium

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2021, 10:49:54 PM »
It’s been a few months since they have been sent to installers. Any word on when we might get invoices or expect to get these? I really hope we are in the home stretch now…

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #439 on: October 01, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »
It’s been a few months since they have been sent to installers. Any word on when we might get invoices or expect to get these? I really hope we are in the home stretch now…

We are still waiting on CFX parts.  Literally as soon as I get hilts, chassis and CFX I will put all my other installs aside and do these as quickly as is humanly possible.  It's kinda hard to explain, but those of us who buy CFX in bulk (bulk being a relative term in my case)have to buy processors when available and then those processors go into a pool and are used to make the CFX for the processor owner when the other parts are available (various parts go in and out of availability weekly, so it's like a freaking scavenger hunt).  Certain larger companies have hoarded the processors which has made it difficult on the rest of us.  I am not talking about TCSS, they supply hobbyists worldwide and are a vendor.  MH can explain it better than I, but I am trying to be as transparent as possible.  Year's end or a new years time seems likely at this point assuming the CFX are ready.  I guess the bottom line is yes, we are indeed in the home stretch and I appreciate you guys. 

I also reiterate that if you prefer to receive your hilt as an empty instead of installed, please shoot me a PM.

***Edit: just saw MH's post below and apparently we do have the boards.  I talked with him and we found a flaw with pixel blades and stability of the emitter.  We have a fix and AoF is machining the parts for us.  It will be no extra charge to the end user.  As soon as those parts are finished (3-4 weeks) then MH will ship hilts and CFX to the installers and away we go.  We are still hoping to adhere to the timeframe I stated above.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 09:30:37 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2021, 02:37:41 PM »
***BIG UPDATE***

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf0p1btjyy881fa/100_0090.JPG?dl=0

I have received the empty hilts and have already sent them to the installers (within 3 days).  MH has already begun his installs and I will begin mine this week.  The ones shipped to the other 2 (well known) installers should arrive this week and then those installs can begin as well.

For those who requested the pixel upgrade, I had to machine the emitters (internally) to accept the PCB holder since they were originally designed for a Tri-Cree.  I did this for everyone at no extra charge. 

The "wobbly" emitter issue that MH noticed has been resolved.  I have tested one with a 7/8" pixel blade in it and swung/smacked it and nothing appears amiss now.  Once again, the mod was done at no charge (on ALL hilts). 

The first phase of installs are for those who have been active in this thread since 2020.  The second phase will be for the rest.  Final payment (the final installment) will be due upon completion of your saber.  All will be paid to ME (as I have been the holder of the coin for this project) and I will pay the installers. 

First group is:

MH
1. Manny (off site)
2. Aginor
3. Fonzie
4. Modern-Day Warrior
5. joker (was Darth Dimitri)

Obi-Dar
6. Mace Windu (Nightstorm)
7. coldvizjerei
8. Darth Imperium
9. GusManB

Jango
10. msasin
11. NinjaPirateAssassin
12. ctech88

LDM
13. ZeroSpeed
14. Dark Lord of Sushi (was Watto)
15. 2fishbones
16. Baum

The second group (those who have not been active and I have to track down):

17. Lazi-D
18. Anakin Skywalker
19. Prestonian7
20. cavjo...White FoC
21. Darth Maul...White FoC

Finally, for those who NEED a 7/8" Pixel blade (or regular 7/8" blade), it will be a separate transaction.  You can PM me if you want one.  They are $109 for pixel and $32 for Gelu with bullet tip + shipping.  You are NOT REQUIRED to purchase a blade.  I am making them available as a service for those who need them.

Previous Update below:

Huge update:

So these are back from the anodizer.  MH will be sending the hilts out to the installers next week.  All 4 installers are MC or Guild members here at Fx and are known commodities.  We will handle the installs as follows:

The people who have been active in this thread since the beginning of 2020 will be finished first.  That is 16 people.  4 installs per installer and the installers have been randomly assigned.  Timeframe?  We are shooting for 2 months from the time that the installers receive the hilts.  We are still waiting on a custom part for the pixel installs, so those could go a little longer, but with how long this has taken, we are definitely in the home stretch.  For those who are getting pixel installs, they do NOT include a 7/8" pizel blade.  I am willing to look into procuring them for those who need them, but they will cost extra.

Once this group is finished, MH and I will try to get ahold of the people who have not logged in here in a long time.

Changes/notes:

Most may not remember what the amount of the final payment for this run is.  It is $600.  In light of what has gone on, MH and I have crunched the numbers and are able to lower that to $400 and end up square.  In other words, all profit is now gone from the run.  We will call for the final deposits once the hilts have been finished by the installers.  I will collect the final deposits at the same payapl address that the other payments went to (I'll provide it at the time). 

Finally, for those who are getting non-pixel sabers, we are also automatically upgrading you to RGB Tri-cree instead of BBW (that is so 2016 after all)so that you can dial in the exact blue that you want and the FoC color that you want.

I think that covers it for now.   :angel:

Offline msasin

• No Force
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
Great news. Thanks for the update LDM

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2021, 05:25:03 PM »
This is amazing news. Thank you. Very much.

Question for those out there, any recommendations on a pixel blade plug? Not needing a blade right now, but for display I'd like to still be able to show it off.
New here. not new to forums. but please be gentle. ;)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »

Question for those out there, any recommendations on a pixel blade plug? Not needing a blade right now, but for display I'd like to still be able to show it off.

Not sure on that.  Just make sure it is a 7/8th.  The saber comes with an accurate blade plug but it will not light up.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #444 on: December 04, 2021, 12:26:43 PM »

You can get a pixel blade plug PCB from Space Windu (aka Exar Kun here) https://civilizedsabers.com/shop/ols/products/space-windu-neopixel-blade-plug-chip

I'm not sure how the blade plug works for this saber, maybe Chewbacca can shed some light on that.

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #445 on: December 04, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »
Thank you both.

I'm REALLY looking forward to having this on display.

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #446 on: December 04, 2021, 03:00:24 PM »
How deep is the plug that comes with it?

😃😎

Not sure on that.  Just make sure it is a 7/8th.  The saber comes with an accurate blade plug but it will not light up.

Offline Darth Imperium

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »
I haven't been keeping up with the lightsaber game in a few years and I don't really even know what the difference is with the Pixel Boards/Blades...Are all the sabers coming with Pixel Boards or was it just those that spoke up earlier? If they are all going to be Pixel then I will need a blade please! I am really excited to get this saber in my collection!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #448 on: December 24, 2021, 01:20:11 PM »
I haven't been keeping up with the lightsaber game in a few years and I don't really even know what the difference is with the Pixel Boards/Blades...Are all the sabers coming with Pixel Boards or was it just those that spoke up earlier? If they are all going to be Pixel then I will need a blade please! I am really excited to get this saber in my collection!

Yours is with the installers doing the RGB Tri_Cree installs.  Pixel was done for those who asked.  It is still getting an all new CFX automatically.  Your installer is listed below in the update.  Enjoy!

Further update for everyone:  Installs are well under way.  MH and I have finished our installs, I have billed my installs and am in the process of shipping. MH installs should expect an invoice shortly. I will move on to the second phase soon, but i need to run those folks down first.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 01:23:02 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline Lazi-D

• Padawan Learner
  • diagnosis, acute saberphilia...
« Reply #449 on: January 04, 2022, 09:56:45 PM »
Shout out to GG, thanks for reaching out, and MH and everybody who's worked the incredible to make this happen
Happy new years guys!!!
This is a great start for 2022!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:58:18 PM by Lazi-D »

retrousse