fiduciary

Author Topic: My Vader ANH (2007) FX Review  (Read 20188 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
My Vader ANH (2007) FX Review
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:26:47 AM »
"We meet again Obi-Wan."  "The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner now I am the master!"

Darth Vader said those words to his former Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi before they started their duel to the death on the Death Star.  Thus begins my review of the Darth Vader Episode IV: A New Hope FX Lightsaber.

The Box:
Score: 10/10

Just your regular box, but the saber itself is packed very nicely in there.  Nothing really to say about this.

The Hilt:

Awesome hilt!  The placement of the on and off switch is perfect all though if you accidently find yourself spinning the saber at a bad angle you might turn off the saber.  It is a bit awkard holding it too at times with the placement of the clamp of how they have it.  I noticed that the emitter shroud seemed to be of plastic almost while the mid band is metal.  Kind of weird they'd do that.  The details on this thing are absolutely phenomanal the only thing that's missing is the coil inside the emitter around the blade.  I guess that's what we get for getting a rehashed ESB hilt. :)  However all the other details for the Vader FX saber are present on this saber.

The Blade:

There is a tiny bit of blotchyness to my blade but then again it's probably because the batteries I was using for it are starting to go low.  There is the usual dark spot though but you really can't see it unless you hold it at a certain angle.  In complete darkness the blade is a fierce bright red and lights up the room well.  I don't know why Lumat said his looked pink.  Mine is pure red.  I took a pic of the blade with the brightness level turned almost all the way down on my camera so you could see the natural beauty of it during the day.  That is what it would look like at night though.

The Sound:
Score: 8/10

Not a full 10 for the sounds since they're recyled but every sound kicked in with perfect timing as I swung it and twirled it.  There is only one clash sound I'm afraid. :(

Final Thoughts:

I give this an over all rating of 8/10.  This saber is truely awesome and this is my first Darth Vader FX saber and I'm glad to have it in my collection. :)  Now onto the pictures!

The Box:

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

The Saber Revealed:

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

The Details:

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

The Blade:

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Comparison Between Vader ANH and Anakin ROTS:

Clicky For Larger Pic

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:47:41 AM by BigT1981 »

Offline Jedi Farmboy

• Master Force User
Re: My Vader ANH (2007) FX Review (Coming Soon)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »
Friday!? I had no idea this was to be released so soon!

Can't wait for your review BigT! :D
"...the galaxy was littered with the body parts of those
who had underestimated the strength of Luke Skywalker."

- Darth Caedus, 41 ABY

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »
Ya Kit reported last week that they were in stock on MR's site.  I ordered one right then. :)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:11:01 AM »
Cool I cant wait to get mine from the sabervault, I wonder when they will ship.  Cant wait fro the review.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »
Some people that ordered from MR have already had them arrive. There are pics up over on the RS forums comparing the ESB FX to the ANH FX

Offline Jedi Farmboy

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »
Could you possibly post a link please Heimidal?

I dont know what the RS forums are
"...the galaxy was littered with the body parts of those
who had underestimated the strength of Luke Skywalker."

- Darth Caedus, 41 ABY

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »
Same looking blade, same exact sounds. Not surprised in the least conisdering they had already said that they were using the ESB guts and making a few changes to the hilt to make it into a ANH.

Still glad to be getting this one none the less....it will make an excellent Luxeon saber! ;D

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 06:18:32 PM »
Same looking blade, same exact sounds. Not surprised in the least conisdering they had already said that they were using the ESB guts and making a few changes to the hilt to make it into a ANH.

how did i know that MR would pull off something stupid like that. this one won't be going in my collection

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:02 PM »
Same here for me. I have a Vader ESB and love it. I tend to prefer the ESB hilt over the ANH anyway so I don't think I'll pick this one up unless I can get it pretty cheap later on.

Plus I still need to get a Yoda FX first =)

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 09:09:35 PM »
Okay okay now enough hijacking of the thread here. :P lol

Anyways I held off on the Vader ESB because I just don't like that particular design.  Well the wires are cool but the long grips I hate.  So... ahem back to the original topic of this thread.. as I said expect a review of this saber Friday night with comparison pictures to the Anakin AOTC and ROTS FX sabers.

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
Re: My Vader ANH (2007) FX Review
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »
First post updated with review and pictures! :)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 03:15:36 PM »
good pics.
IMO the first vader anh was better. even though it was larger, it had the coils on the emitter and had more "real" MPP touches on it than this one

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I don't give a xxx that it's a recycled Vader ESB, I am glad that I got in on the pre-order for this. ;D

Must...have...EVERY version of Vader's saber.... :P  :D

Expect a full comparison review of this and my Vader ESB when I get mine.  8)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 03:53:44 PM »
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I don't give a xxx that it's a recycled Vader ESB, I am glad that I got in on the pre-order for this. ;D

Must...have...EVERY version of Vader's saber.... :P  :D

Expect a full comparison review of this and my Vader ESB when I get mine.  8)

-Joclad

Awesome! Can't wait for your pictures. :)  Ya I don't care that it's a recyled ESB hilt, I'm just glad to have it since I perfer the ANH look to the ESB.

good pics.
IMO the first vader anh was better. even though it was larger, it had the coils on the emitter and had more "real" MPP touches on it than this one

I'd rather have a smaller more accurate sized hilt than a larger over sized one.  The missing coils in the emitter don't bother me at all.  This is a really nice piece and is worth owning if you're like me and have never owned the Darth Vader saber before.

retrousse