fiduciary

Author Topic: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***  (Read 96726 times)

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
Re: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline GusManB

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2016, 07:38:06 AM »
Just Checked in, Have not been on FX for Some time. Still 100% in on thos run. :)

Any further News?

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
The lastest news was that Chewie was having trouble finding someone to anodize the black parts.  That has been basically the only news in the last seven months.  Hopefully we will see these in 2017.  Not complaining, that's just where it's at now.

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2016, 09:16:53 AM »
I saw earlier in the thread that chrome anodizing *might* be an option, but I have seen no mention of it since. Did this fall through?
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »
FH is correct.  I do have a lead on a couple of anodizing places but nothing has materialized.  For those frustrated with how long its taking please know I share the frustration.  I want these done and out of my hair as much as you guys want them in your possession.  I am doing the best I can with the time and contacts I have.  Unfortunately anodizing is NOT something I want to take on myself (even if I had time).  Yes they should be ready in 2017...after anodizing its just a matter of doing the installs so we are getting there.

If anyone has an anodizer they trust feel free to PM me.

AT...no that is not an option.  I have yet to find chrome anodizing that is even remotely shiny enough to be a consideration.  I am going to leave it aluminum and allow people to polish them as they see fit.

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
FH is correct.  I do have a lead on a couple of anodizing places but nothing has materialized.  For those frustrated with how long its taking please know I share the frustration.  I want these done and out of my hair as much as you guys want them in your possession.  I am doing the best I can with the time and contacts I have.  Unfortunately anodizing is NOT something I want to take on myself (even if I had time).  Yes they should be ready in 2017...after anodizing its just a matter of doing the installs so we are getting there.

If anyone has an anodizer they trust feel free to PM me.

AT...no that is not an option.  I have yet to find chrome anodizing that is even remotely shiny enough to be a consideration.  I am going to leave it aluminum and allow people to polish them as they see fit.

Sounds good!
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2016, 07:49:54 AM »
There has got to be someone who knows a reliable shop that could do the anodizing as it's a fairly routine process.  Not to sound silly, but have you asked around to the other saber smiths?  I'm not sure where you're located but are you looking for something local to you?

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #247 on: December 05, 2016, 07:57:05 AM »
There has got to be someone who knows a reliable shop that could do the anodizing as it's a fairly routine process.  Not to sound silly, but have you asked around to the other saber smiths?  I'm not sure where you're located but are you looking for something local to you?

The problem with Anodizers is they charge for the racking and by the bath.  They'll count a small thing like this as a whole bath, and then set it aside until they get other small orders to also charge for a whole bath, when they really only have to dip 1 time for multiple orders to be filled.  It's easier for them to make money by doing their "regular" stuff, so these jobs always get pushed back.  Not to mention, the black is supposed to be gloss, which isn't something every place offers.  You're lucky to get black at all, rather than some dark purple (the color of black sharpie ink) awfulness.  So yeah, finding an anodizer willing to do a small job, able to do the right color and thickness, and willing to individually wrap the parts back up (most of them just want stuff they can throw in boxes and be done with it) is difficult and time consuming.  Shipping things halfway across the country is difficult because you can't inspect the process and make sure they aren't just tossing the parts around before and after the bath. 

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #248 on: December 05, 2016, 08:07:18 AM »
Hey Alex, thanks for the reply.  Yeah, that all makes sense of course.  I figured Chewie is looking to not add the cost of shipping to some far off destination, and then of course back again which I'm sure adds a layer of difficulty in getting the parts done.  I was just thinking there might be a way to link up with another smith and create a spark to move things along.  For all I know though he may have already tried that route.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:10:36 AM by Foe Hammer »

Offline jamesjynus

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:42 PM »
My spot was sold to Kenny aka fonzie off forum, Chewbacca could you make arrangement for the switch please? (Also sent you a pm on this) Thank you very much!

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »
I would be interested If anyone is interested in selling their spot.

Thanks,

Kanji

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2017, 02:40:43 AM »
The original post states that a pommel insert vented for sound will be used rather than a static insert. I want to confirm that the sound holes are in fact an insert and not part of the actual pommel. Could one, theoretically, interchange the inserts and use a solid one for display and a vented one for play?
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2017, 07:33:03 AM »
The original post states that a pommel insert vented for sound will be used rather than a static insert. I want to confirm that the sound holes are in fact an insert and not part of the actual pommel. Could one, theoretically, interchange the inserts and use a solid one for display and a vented one for play?

They are indeed an insert.  They are MHS compatible so you can swap it to whatever you like.

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2017, 04:52:14 PM »

They are indeed an insert.  They are MHS compatible so you can swap it to whatever you like.

This is great news! Thank you!
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
I've sold my spot to dr.djcolegrove.

retrousse