fiduciary

Author Topic: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***  (Read 96780 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Re: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2018, 04:03:53 PM »
OK back home now.

I am not sure why I have not been getting notifications of this thread to answer any questions.  I am not dodging anything but just didnt see them until Marc texted me and let me know to come on and respond.  I do not get on here at all much lately because of time.

I know it is getting old to say we are waiting on anodizing but that is what is going on.  Unfortunately to get the glossy black it is very hard to find someone to do it.  I had someone lined up and got a sample back.  It looked good so I was going to go with them.  Unfortunately because of timing (my fault), I am not able to use them now.  I have found another company that does glossy anodizing (bright coat is what they call it) and I am going to send them a sample.  I was supposed to send it a couple of weeks ago but we couldn't get everything arranged to where I felt safe sending it (I basically want a name I can send it to so it doesn't get mixed up and lost).

I hope to have it sent out this week though (still working with them) or first of next.  Once I get that sample back I will move forward with getting the rest of them done.

I cant apologize enough for it taking so long and I take full responsibility for it but it is nearing the finish line.  I already have the chassis ready to go so the only thing remaining is the anodizing.

It is possible for the anodizing to be done fairly quick according to their turn around time I was quoted so I am hoping they go to the installers at least by next month.

if anyone ever has a question that I do not answer on here then feel free to email me (the email icon is under my name) and I will be glad to answer.  Again I apologize for not seeing any questions or concerns on this thread.

I will post a pic of the sample from the last batch and the chassis when I get a chance in the next day or so.

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2018, 08:10:52 AM »
Hey there,

who should I talk to about being able to sell my spot on the run?
New here. not new to forums. but please be gentle. ;)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2018, 03:28:08 PM »
Hey there,

who should I talk to about being able to sell my spot on the run?

Just PM LDM and see how much you paid and then you can offer it for sale for that and let them know the remaining balance they need to put toward it later.

Offline coldvizjerei

• Force User
  • Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!
« Reply #303 on: October 24, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
I will post a pic of the sample from the last batch and the chassis when I get a chance in the next day or so.

Any chance you'd happen to have any pics of that aforementioned sample?  :smiley:

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #304 on: October 24, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
I just got the sample from the new anodizing company in today.  They are a nice gloss level though not as glossy as super black powder coat but I just do not think I can find anything like that in anodizing.  However they do have a nice gloss level (the pic really doesn't do it justice) and it is a nice deep black color and not at all purple like some black anodizing I have seen (under fluorescent lighting).

below are pics of the saber.  The parts are not aligned in this pic because the silver pieces do not belong to the grenade and gear section (I didnt see the need in digging through all the pieces to get the correct silver parts just for pics).

I am also including the chassis pictures.  It will allow access to the SD card by taking the pommel off.  The kill key will also be under the pommel.

I am pleased with the Anodizing company and will be sending them the rest of the pieces.  They originally told me it was a two week turn around so hopefully I can have these all back and ready for installs sometime in November.

click to enlarge

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
If anyone is interested I would be open to selling my spot.

Kanjiklub
spot purchased... Darth Brooks

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »
Hey, just wondering if there's any updates? Thanks

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2019, 12:09:36 PM »
Just wondering what electronics will be in these?
Tech has moved on a lot since 2015 in leds and sound boards,
And yes alike the last poster asked any news on these?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline fonzie

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2019, 05:56:20 PM »
Just wondering what electronics will be in these?
Tech has moved on a lot since 2015 in leds and sound boards,
And yes alike the last poster asked any news on these?

Post one says they will be installed with the latest CF, when installs begin.

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
What are the next steps left here? We haven't been given a meaningful update since the end of October. I know Real life can take over. but anything would be better than nothing. Are we going to see these? Has anything happened since October?

They originally told me it was a two week turn around so hopefully I can have these all back and ready for installs sometime in November.

Are they anodized? Have installs started?
New here. not new to forums. but please be gentle. ;)

Offline joker

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2019, 04:54:07 PM »
Is there any progress?

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2019, 08:19:03 AM »
GRIEVOUS hasn't been active on this forum for more than three months now, and CHEWBACCA hasn't been online in six weeks.

Perhaps directing the question to one of the various Facebook saber groups might be more productive? Most of the activity that used to go through this site is basically on there now.

It wouldn't surprise me if the production is being held up by the fact that the CFX footprint isn't quite finalised yet, so chassis production can't be completed. That's what's currently holding up the VV TFU2 run.

In any event, it's an FX Sabers run. The ultimate answer is that no one has run off with your money, and you'll actually get your saber, which is more than can be said for a lot of runs elsewhere. The main issue is figuring out when that actually will be, between now and the heat death of the universe.

Offline NinjaPirateAssassin

• No Force
  • >_>
« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2019, 05:19:52 PM »
I dropped a note to LDM via his website asking him and/or MH to hop on and drop an update (even if there is no update) so we'll see if we get anything from that.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2019, 08:54:52 PM »
Hey,

I realize it seems like I am dodging the forums but with work and making boards full time I try to stay off any social media at all unless someone contacts me to let me know someone has a question.  Unfortunately, this means message boards as well.  I just do not have time to do it.  I apologize for not coming in here every now and then to check up on the thread.  I did mention for anyone that had questions to feel free to email or PM me, that doesn't excuse me not coming to check in but it is the best way to get in touch with me.

I got in a mess with the last anodizer and although the sample was good I could never get them to agree to a contact I could send them to because of the amount.  I just didnt feel comfortable just sending them to a company address without a contact I could deal with so I went back to searching.

I have since found a good company and their gloss black looks great but they are in NY so again I have to ship them.  At least I have a direct person to send it to etc so it should work out this time around.  I found him about a month ago but have not arranged shipping yet because he was in the middle of some big runs.  They will be going to him next week or the week after.  I need to contact him to make sure.

another delay is the boards mentioned.  I wanted to have the CFX out to put in these instead of putting the 9 in and the X come out shortly after.  Timing new board tech is always tricky.

You will be getting them though and they will have the latest board.  To help move it along once we get the sabers back I am going to be enlisting other smiths to try and get them out to the customers asap.

I realize anything I say is just an excuse and any frustration or anger on everyone's part is warranted, I really feel bad about it but none of you want them as bad as I want to be done with this I promise you that.

Again, it really will be easier if you have a question to email me or PM. I am not sure why I do not get the emails to update me someone has posted on the thread but an admin is looking into it for me.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2019, 09:22:08 PM »
Chewbacca, I did look into it, and there was/is an issue. Please see my comment in the Council when you get a chance. Thanks.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

retrousse