fiduciary

Author Topic: Diligent - A Starkiller / Slothfurnace Derelict Homage (Pic Heavy)  (Read 6624 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: Diligent - A Starkiller / Slothfurnace Derelict Homage (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »
Very nice execution.   :D   

Thank you General.  And thanks again for the inspiration to use Reverse Sound in this saber.  I've always liked the concept of it and wanted to use it in a saber and when I saw just how little room I was gonna have in this thing, I knew it was a perfect candidate.  Having the speaker port into the CC and to feel the vibration in the hilt and hand without having obvious sound holes is spectacular.  That's another aspect of this saber that my friends loved.

Agreed.  My Obi-Dar SK has it and it fits perfectly.  A very nice weapon for the arsenal to be sure.  Again, great job!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 06:36:22 AM »
Solan Starr, amazing job with this.

I love Starkiller interpretations. Yours is very nice. So unique to have the handle portion with the bar graph; this saber is totally one-of-a-kind and really does look like it came from the game.
Very loud and clear sound from the reverse sound. The boot is very cool, as is the yellow FOC with green blade. I have a saber like that and I think that setup is my favorite so far.

Awesome job with the build. One more thing... that crystal chamber is so great!!

Offline Solan Starr

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
Solan Starr, amazing job with this.

I love Starkiller interpretations. Yours is very nice. So unique to have the handle portion with the bar graph; this saber is totally one-of-a-kind and really does look like it came from the game.
Very loud and clear sound from the reverse sound. The boot is very cool, as is the yellow FOC with green blade. I have a saber like that and I think that setup is my favorite so far.

Awesome job with the build. One more thing... that crystal chamber is so great!!

Thanks Space!  I like the bargraph myself.  I've always wanted a PLI and almost went with SMD LEDs for the graph, but went with 3mm for simplicity.  I tried diffusing the LEDs (so they're no so darn bright) by exposing them to super glue fumes, but the Gorilla super glue I used apparently doesn't have that frosting effect.  I'm not happy with the default LED sequencer pattern for this saber and need to look some alternatives up.  I seem to remember someone posting a "chaotic" effect upon lockup that I would love to try.  Guess I'm gonna have to exercise my Search-Fu.  Plus I wanna change up the fonts a little (I don't like Novastar on this saber for some reason) as well as the pulse effect on the blade to make the CC look more "alive."  I somewhat completed the Alliance saber you can see in the background of some of the pics with a much more dramatic pulse to the blade and the CC in it looks fantastic!

retrousse