fiduciary

Author Topic: Goffa's Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX ROTS Review!  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Goffa

• Force User
  • "An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
Goffa's Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX ROTS Review!
« on: August 25, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »
Story:

Sunday, upon receiving my first paycheck, I was about to cash it to order a FFX saber online, until I realized..  :-[ Banks are closed on Sunday.. so I waited until the next day, and on Monday I cashed my paycheck, and ordered an Obi-Wan Kenobi FFX from TSV courtesy of my mom's credit card.  ;D  So anyway, Thursday, i'm starting to get a little impatient.. looking outside for the FedEx truck every time I heard a car go by..etc..kind of pathetic heh.  But then later that night I checked the FedEx site and it said my saber would probably arrive Saturday.. two whole days of waiting!  :-\  But! today, on Friday I saw the FedEx truck pull into the driveway and excitedly ran to the door to greet the FedEx guy.  Anyway...here's some pictures of the package I received:

The Box:

And when I opened the MR box:

I really like the new box compaired to my friends Anakin box I have seen, it looks a lot nicer in my opinion.  NOW for the moment you've all been waiting for.. the saber that's inside the box!

The first thing I noticed was the beautiful gold/copper plating, which looked very fantastic and evenly done:

Next I carefully removed the saber from its packaging, and removed the stickers.  The next thing I noticed was how comfortable it is to weild!  It fits perfectly in my hand, and the grip is super comfortable compaired to the Hasbro Obi-Wan (I used to have the Hasbro one until it broke from dueling my friends)  This saber puts it to shame in every way!  The hilt feels heavy, like you're weilding a real lightsaber, the perfect weight, not too heavy so you can't spin it, but not too light so it feels like a toy.  The metal hilt is also very pleasing to hold and I like the hilt so much more than my friend's Anakin, although I might be biassed because this is my first FFX :P

Next, I ran to get some batteries, put in three Energizer Max batteries, and pushed the switch up.. WOW!  That is the brightest blade I have EVER seen!  I was amazed by the clarity and bright blue color of the blade and loved the turn on/off, idle hum and clash sound effects.  I turned out the lights, it was still daylight, so unfortunatly I haven't seen it in total darkness yet, but it was still very bright!  Wow...this may be just me but it definately seemed brighter than my friend's Ani.. of course I will find this out for myself when I go over his house tonight.  ;D

Normal Room light:

Low Room light:

So.. in conclusion.. I love this saber so much.. it's everything I hoped it would be and more!  I didn't put it down for hours after I first got it.. spinning around pretending I was a Jedi  :P  I see the problem some people were complaining about with the switch being too sensitive, but the way I hold it, it's far out of reach and not in the way when spinning, so that's not an issue for me.  Also, some people didn't like the reused sounds from the Ani FFX, I didn't mind however, because this is my first FFX  ;D

I give it a 10/10  Amazing job MR!  I am hooked on FFX's!

And to close.. here's some pics of me pretending to be a Jedi  :P

Offline Codova

• Force User
  • "You are a wretched thing, of weakness and fear."
Re: Goffa's Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX ROTS Review!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 03:26:34 PM »
great review and nice pics goffa. have fun with your lightsaber!

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »
And yet another happy customer, lol.  :D

And yes, it puts the Anakin's blade to shame...but you will see this for yourself when you compair it to your friends.  :P

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline The Negotiator

• Experienced Force User
  • "You became the very thing you swore to destroy!"
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 05:30:07 AM »
Gteat review,  i also thought the same about my obi wan

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »
Nice review, and congrats on your first FFX, Goffa.
You have just taken your first step into a larger world.  ;)

Offline destrius

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 05:20:34 PM »
Great review. AWSOME pics! It makes me envy your obi wan... I hope I can get one soon! :P
EEEE[]#>//==================
       ''''''

Offline Goffa

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
When I compaired my Obi-Wan to my friend's Anakin I found that mine was a little, tiny bit brighter it seemed.  And I also liked the hilt of mine WAY more than the Anakin.. but they're both really awesome sabers.  I can't even tell you guys how awesome it is ha ha.. me and my friend lightly dueled when it was completely dark and it was like the coolest thing ever..

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »
Thats a really great review, Goffa.  Well done, my friend!

The pics are a little dark, but you know what?  It works!  I really like the way the pics came out in that light giving your Obi Wan a bit of mystery and such.  Very cool!  Definitely sets your pics apart from the rest.

Be careful though, pretty soon you and your bud are going to be dressed in hoodies, reciting the lines from the final scenes of Episode III as you duel!

Welcome to the fantastic world of FFX Lightsabers!!

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »
Good review... the pics of the ignited lightsaber look great! I still haven't gotten my Obi-Wan yet, but all these pics are making me really, really wish it was here.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 04:55:45 PM »
Yours will prolly be the BEST one out of them all.

Since FREE stuff is always BETTER! hee hee ;) ;D

Offline Goffa

• Force User
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »
The blue blade is just so bright and awesome at night...I can't put it down.  I've gotten much better at spinning and swordfighting in general after I got this saber (me and my friends swordfight a lot)  And i've also tried a few of your spin tutorials Anakin, those are great!  Really helped me a lot and easier to do then I thought at first.  :P

Offline Goffa

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »
A few pics of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan:  :P

Offline The Negotiator

• Experienced Force User
  • "You became the very thing you swore to destroy!"
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »
Awesome new pics, like the 1st one.  Im sure its not long till you have a tons of them, same with every new ffx buyer ;D

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »
Very nice review and some good pictures.  Like everyone has already said, once you buy one you just can't stop.  Now just make sure you don't buy a .45 lightsaber or you will get hooked on those too lol.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »
  I see the problem some people were complaining about with the switch being too sensitive, but the way I hold it, it's far out of reach and not in the way when spinning, so that's not an issue for me. 

When I was doing spins for the cover art of the dvd I kept turning it off after 4 or 5 spins.  Everytime!  I'm going to have to use it some more and figure out a better way for myself to hold it.

Where and how do you grip the saber?

retrousse