fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46526 times)

Offline Lazer Rob

• Force User
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »
Glad to see you are on the mend DT!  Can I get on the list at this late date?  I have an Overlord without sound scheduled and Ultrasound 2.0 in hand.  I realise this will put me at the bottom of the list, no rush.

Lazer Rob
"The Empire today said it has positive proof that Alderaan had weapons of mass destruction.  Pictures at 11."

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 02:28:19 AM »
As DT seemed a bit tired/in need for some rest, maybe you should try to contact Jango Fett regarding this.
He does US2.1 install on overlords (and anything else as well).
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13631.0

At first (for the overlords), the installs were being made by him and DT if I'm correct.

Hope DT's feeling well and getting some rest at last (still eager to see this "family picture" of the last overlords before they're sent to their respective places)

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 04:34:45 PM »
I totally want to see pictures. I doubt we'll see a "family" shot, because I doubt DT is going to sit on completed ones until the last one is done, then shoot them all. I'm just waiting to see my name sneak onto the list, and maybe a shot of one or 2 completed hilts. I don't think we need to see a picture of each one, as they'll all look the same anyway....
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
I'm with you Reaver. I just wanna see my name up on the list with the words "Shipped"  next to it  ;)

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 05:56:15 AM »
Any news yet?

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 02:35:43 PM »
So what's the deal on these? Are we ever going to see them? Last time we talked in your chat room you said they were all done, boxed up and ready to ship, you were just low on shipping funds (which makes no sense since I paid you for shipping already). I also know you were given a loan to cover shipping costs from a very trusting sabersmith.  So what's the excuse this time? I get the feeling that this is going to become another Machined FX situation and is going to leave alot of people saberless and ripped off. How is it I've received 2 custom hand made sabers but it's taken you a year to screw together some MHS parts and install a soundboard? Something smells......

Ultra, this is still your responsibility since these sabers were bought through your website and you insisted the 2.1s be installed by your liaison, and people have yet to receive them. How long are we expected to put up with this?

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
Ultra is aware of the situation and we are taking steps.

I am trying to get a hold of DT, so a status update can be provided.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »
Hopefully Jango and Ultra can shed some light on this and fix the problem since Darth Tyranus seems to be MIA lately.

I am curious though, Has anyone from that run received their Overlord?

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »
The three that were sent to me for US 2.0/2.1 sound installation.

The remaining ones that were at Ultrasabers HQ were sold recently.

I acquired some leftovers from the original machinist, and those were sold

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
But no one from the original list who had their saber shipped from Ultra to ORA for build completion and sound installation? C'mon folks don't be scared speak up!!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:03:24 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
I've emailed DT and Ultra about this numerous times to no avail. DT made many delivery promises to me over the last 6 months -- even sent me a shipping notice back in January. Several times I asked DT to just send me the hilt empty, uninstalled -- I'm waiting on a stunt version -- and several times I got more promises, left unfulfilled. And I find it really galling that Overlord overstock were sold at $300 a pop with "expediting fees" last month when the rest of us who paid for ours in August still wait. It amazes me really, b/c Ive always believed in Alex and Ultra Sabers as a solid, honorable business. And I still do, but this whole thing bums me out and mystifies me. It just doesn't seem in character with Ultra Sabers, but there you are.

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:02 PM »
I am in a similar place, hullbreach.  I am also waiting for my soundless, Overlord Stunt.  We all know there are issues here, and I still believe both Ultra and DT try to run a solid, honorable business.  So we try to cut them some slack, but I think I feel the same way you do about this thing.

Except for the $300 thing.  That doesn't bother me.  The expediting fees are apparently just that.  I would have been VERY, VERY upset, if they were sold for the same price, and people received their Overlords ahead of us.  Yes, I would have preferred those Overlords go to us first, but that's life.

So . . . we wait.

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 06:57:53 PM »
I'm waiting on a Overlord with a 2.1 install. I have emailed, PM'd and talked to DT in chat many times and have been given many different excuses and promises or been answered with out right hostility. I even asked for him to return my Overlord and 2.1 incomplete and was again met with anger and hostility and told no, he would not mail it until it was done.

I have faith that Ultra will come through and correct this, but like you Hullbreach it bums me out to have to call out a sabersmith I once looked up to. I feel enough excuses have been given and we've cut him enough slack. I know it's just a "toy", but this "toy" has me in the hole $350, and I would like to receive what I paid for.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 09:48:39 PM »
Well,  I see my name on there as having been shipped,  but screwed up by idiot postal worker...should ship next week....that was what, 2 months ago,  and still no saber for me,  either.....or the two Ani FX boards I recently paid him for that he said he'd ship in my overlord.... :-\
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:52:38 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »
I gave him an Anakin ROTS in trade for a luke ROTJ conversion. I have been told its ready for shipping about 2 months ago. I cant find any ROTJ Lukes for less than $250 nowadays, plus I dont want to have to replace it. I dont want to call anyone out, he did have some serious health problems. Still though, I haven't had my luke in a great while. I've offered extra money to ship it, but no replies. Its just a toy, but I paid good money for it and want to enjoy it. Some updates now and again would be greatly appreciated by all. I would hate to see a Machined Defects situation. Please DT, dont think of this as flaming by any means. We are just anxious customers looking for our items is all.

retrousse