fiduciary

Author Topic: The Nightbrother  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Noir1990

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
The Nightbrother
« on: February 14, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »
We have this design quite some time in the drawer. It's about time to have a look and to announce proudly our next project the Nightbrother, a hilt inspired by Savage Opress from TCW. We will open a run by the end of the first quarter of 2018. The prototype is being machined right now.

Here are some specs:

- Inspired by Savage Opress Lightsaber seen in TCW
- Full scale: 760mm long and about 44mm wide at the grips
- Ready for a dual and single soundboard install
- Hidden switches and recharge ports
- Hidden sound venting
- Rubber grips
- 1 inch blade holder
- Blade plugs included
- matt polished finish

These Nightbrother hilts will be sold empty and the Saberproject Shop will also offer a chassis kit and installs. We are working on the pricing right now. The prototype is being machined right now. Stay tuned for some updates.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Re: The Nightbrother
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:34:03 AM »
My bad dudes, good luck, maybe I should frequent the Freak Base more often!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:11:32 AM by bombarta »
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Noir1990

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:16 AM »
I have heard you are doing a run but that was quite some time ago. We also have plans for these since a long time and already announced a run on the 9th February 2017 at Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=401946700155458&id=267683646915098

Offline McLAZ0R

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:35:59 AM »
Dude your seriously doing this after I already have rhis in preparation? And don't say you haven't seen what I've been posting!

We've planned this quite a long time ago. I think we could say the same. But the point is, nobody instead of Disney has a claim for the design. And since we do not craft those hilts in full time, we have other things to do than surfing the web and looking out for other "design pirates" doing similar stuff.

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 07:55:06 AM »
Good thing this world is big enough for everyone. 😊

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
Removed for childrens saftey
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:10:02 AM by bombarta »

Offline Noir1990

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »
The scene is big enough for two and it's not uncommon that different companies doing the same design during the same time and as I told you - see our facebook - we have planned this some time ago. Those renders we already uploaded on our page a year ago. Please checked that. We just did a new post.

Regarding those blocks you can see them clearly on screenshots from the show like this one: http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a0/SavageOpressLightsaber-TCWs5.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121014052210

and by the way on the screenshot we uploaded a year ago: http://www.facebook.com/267683646915098/photos/a.397442930605835.1073741839.267683646915098/397443437272451/?type=3&theater . Please don't jump so easily on us and accusing us for stealing your ideas. Clearly not the case when you check the facts.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:35:40 AM by Noir1990 »

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »
Look guys sorry to but in, but I am. I just made a really cool blade plug out of a razor head. I received a message from ARKM saying it was his original idea. I traced it back in TCSS and found out it was his idea 10 years ago. I’ve only been in the scene for 6 months. He asked if I would not sell them. The razor is not his. It’s what makes it so cool. He has no legal right to it and even then all I got to do is change my design a percentage and it’s legal. I agreed not to sell them, but I don’t really have to. I did it out of respect to him.
 The thing is the design it belongs to neither of you. It doesn’t really mater. So do quality work and it will sell. The World really is big enough for both hilts.  I’m sure you all know this. I really would like to make more razor head blade plugs and sell them, but that’s my choice to respect ARKM’s wishes.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:46 AM »
My apologies Noir.

I know the blocks are there I have the same screen shot but, had to call you guys out on it.
Just to see if you did know about them or not.
And I have been posting hints and updates for quite a few months, so I put 2 and 2 together and...come up with 10.

My apologies again.

Good luck and can't wait to see them.

Offline Noir1990

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »
Dear bombarta,

I totally understand your point. Thanks for getting back to me. We are fine :wink:
Next time let's exchange a few messages to avoid things like these.
It wasn't our intention to steal you the show. I know you will deliver a great product and I'm eager to see it. Fingers crossed for you too.

Offline dday

• Mining Colony Members
  • No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
Crazy how things can escalate but sitting down and speaking to each other can resolve everything. Glad you 2 worked it out, hopefully next time we skip right to the working it out part :D

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
Crazy how things can escalate but sitting down and speaking to each other can resolve everything. Glad you 2 worked it out, hopefully next time we skip right to the working it out part :D

👍

Offline yodadawa

• No Force
  • From Spain loving ligthsabers
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 05:18:29 AM »
Interesting saber. I will follow updates.

Offline Dr Jedi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 09:23:55 PM »
Noob on this site.  Just joined in order to indicate my interest in this saber.  Very much looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. 

Offline 3251bimmer

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »
Hey Noir! Will this saber have 6 grips? Looks like there are more in the show so just wondering for accuracy. Thanks :)

retrousse