fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II STARKILLER CONCEPT TRAILER SABER RUN  (Read 44982 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
TFU II STARKILLER CONCEPT TRAILER SABER RUN
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »
Hello Saberland!!! :))

Ok, so a lot of you know we've been working (albeit slowly) on an accurate TFU II Concept Trailer saber for a LOOOOOOONNNG time and we are constantly getting emails and PM's about it. Well, the time is drawing near to opening it up as a limited run. We will be doing a smaller number of TFU II Trailer sabers than other runs that we've done. We will also be offering two different trim packages. In our extensive research time with the game, it's concept art, and frame by frames of all of the 3 main trailers, we have come to the conclusion that there are two main color schemes to this hilt and will be offering them in the customer's choice of scheme. There is the concept art (promo still shots) that shows a black leather wrapped saber with no black coloring on the emitter, and a tattered brown'ish wrapped saber with black on the emitter in several places. We want to be as accurate as possible but also like both versions so we decided "why not offer both?" ^-^

We are currently still working on the proto pair of sabers (which will be done and revealed shortly) and they have been spoken for already, and the lucky owner of those has decided on the main scheme of the longer trailer (the one everyone thinks of) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Official E3 Trailer [HD] - YouTube

This trailer has the wrapping on the hilt that matches the harness he wears and is more brown in base color. We have ordered different leathers (and dyes) to try out and get the best look. You can also see that there are bands of black on the emitter that aren't present in the concept art or the other trailers.

Here are some close-ups of the hilt from that trailer:

and the wrap and pommel here:

You know how we are at the Vault, we're obsessive when it comes to TFU based hilts and will go to all ends to ensure the best accuracy and quality in the world. We have done hours of research, scaling and machining of different prototype parts to get the best and accurate look to the trailer. So far, we are the only ones to have done an accurate pommel for this saber, and I am firm in the belief that our emitter is dead on. Here are some early mock-ups of the prototype. Keep in mind everything is in ROUGH machined finish, and nothing is set in stone here. In these pics the body has still not been turned down for the leather, and the pommel greeblies and channels have not been blackened/powdercoated.

Tentative Pricing:

Full tilt with Crystal Focus Version 7 and CeX with RGB and RICE port and REAL leather wrapping: $1600USD + shipping per saber
Saber will include Dual Diffused Vader's Vault Blade in the length and tip shape of your choice, custom stand, charger, RICE cable and weathering.

There will be about 20 spots available on this run, and it will be on a first come first serve basis at deposit time. We will open the run up for deposits when we do the reveal of the finished prototypes. Estimated completion time for the run is end of 2014 early 2015.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:21:12 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
Re: TFU II STARKILLER CONCEPT TRAILER SABER RUN
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »
Looks excellent!  And too tempting.

You mentioned two trim packages.  I may have missed it, what is the second besides the full tilt CF?

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
Looks excellent!  And too tempting.

You mentioned two trim packages.  I may have missed it, what is the second besides the full tilt CF?

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

The two trim packages refer to the Trailer version (brown tattered wrap, and black bands on the emitter) and the Concept Art/Still shot version (black leather wrap and no black bands on the emitter). With the limited number we are planning on doing, we don't (at this time) plan to offer any other soundboard option.

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »
 :D

Offline Satori Hanzo

• Force User
  • Formerly Known as Squeaky Wheel
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
Excellent. So exciting to see.
...and a powerful ally it is

The Force is as The Force does.

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »
Wow, not just one but TWO awesome versions to pick from??  This is gonna be a tough choice ... but I think I'll be up to the challenge  :))

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
Looks cool. Good luck with the run. That's some interesting timing there  ::)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
Looks cool. Good luck with the run. That's some interesting timing there  ::)

Oh? This had been in the works for some time... 8)

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 08:16:55 PM »
I think i will have to be a part of this one, one way or another.
I love me some TFU.

Looks great VV team!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Thanks so much guys!  This has actually been in development for 3 years :)).  We really wanted to get the pommel just right, and it is tough to do.  Not to mention that, like all game sabers, there are some inconsistencies so we had to go frame by frame on both trailers plus study the available concept art to see what the most consistent and best representation of the saber was.  There are a few engineering things we want to work out to put the sweet finishing details on it, and then we will show off the complete prototype with the Concept Trailer trim :)).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »
nice!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Wow, i was wondering when I would see these.  I remember when Starkiller and I discussed them back in late 2010.  They look great and true to the concept that was discussed.  These will be very nice. ^-^

Offline mirsylus

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 08:53:14 PM »
sooooooo beautiful.. but sooooo out of my price range...  :'(

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »
Looks really great. I love how you pulled off the completely accurate pommel. That is no small feat!

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
Looks great as always.... So I guess now people will have some choices to make :)  And honestly its a win either way

retrousse