fiduciary

Author Topic: Best place to order in the UK?  (Read 3712 times)

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
Best place to order in the UK?
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:18 AM »
Hi guys,
I've got £150 saved up currently so I've been looking over what I can get and I can't afford to go in on a run until I finish University and have a job.

After looking around for the Qui Gon LE from Master Replicas I can't find one from a UK seller, only from the USA so once I factor in Customs it brings me above what I can afford, and the Obi Wan Elite Edition is still a little out of my price range, considering no-one in the UK seems to have one for sale anyway. So I decided to get the 1:1 resin eFX Obi Wan TPM, but the only place I can find selling it is Forbidden Planet, is there anywhere else that others would reccomend I take a look?

Dan

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Re: Best place to order in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »
if you wait a few months then eFX will release the EP-II obiwan saber, which is almost the exact same piece... but with a chrome finish.     :D

there is a store called "justlightsabers.com" located in London.     I don't know what they sell, or what they have in stock.   I just know they exist. ;) 
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »
Have they said how much it will retail for? (I saw a Luke resin one for $99 on Amazon.com and the ahsoka metal one is $650 on ebay).

I'd like to wait I think because I'd prefer the chrome finish, but at the same time I prefer the TPM design. So it all depends on price. I just can't believe something thats $99 in the US Forbidden Planet can try and charge £130 which is roughly $210, they seem to want double  :'(

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
all the "Precision Cast" sabers in this line have the same MSRP: roughly $99 US.   

according to the eFX website, under the heading "where to buy", their recommended distributor in the UK is called "Amerang"
here is a link to the Obiwan saber on their page -- but I see no prices -- they seem to be a wholesale distributor...
http://www.amerang.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=43118
... on the Amerang page, there is a heading called "dealer locator" which can help you find a retail outlet http://www.amerang.co.uk/index.php?route=storelocator/search
(but unfortunately most of these dealers seem to focus on die cast cars and such -- after spending about 1/4 hour on the 'dealer locator' on your behalf, I had a hard time finding a UK dealer with SW items in stock).
-->  your best bet would be to contact this distributor "Amerang" by Email, and have them recommend a retail outlet where you can buy their eFX Star Wars line within the UK. ;)  good luck

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:30:08 PM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:00:56 PM »
THanks, I'll shoot them an e-mail.

Offline Marv

• Padawan Learner
    • http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16395
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
Do you think they would be able to point me in the right direction of a helmet stand? I've a Vader legend but I have no stand for it :(
T-track seller on the FISD and RPF

retrousse