fiduciary

Author Topic: Kalamazoo area saber club  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Lord Sanguos

• No Force
Kalamazoo area saber club
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
Hello out there saberists!!  I am checking in from the Kalamazoo area and just wanted to give a general shout out to the area and let you all know that a friend and my self are looking into starting up a saber club.  We have quite an eclectic background of martial arts: my friend with grappling and longsword, myself with a long list of dabbling ranging from capoeira to western martial arts.  We also are somewhat active in our local Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA).  However, most training has been limited (I have "style ADD") so I am looking for some good information on getting started.  Since we are leaning more toward the martial arts aspect of it, we have been watching the TPLA vids religiously over the past couple of weeks (since I found out about the saber movement) for some good groundwork.  Though we would love to make their workshop, our pocket books are saying "not this time" but if there are any of you closer to our area (or in our area for that matter) we should get in contact and try to set up a meeting soon.  Anyway, happy sabering and may the force be with you!!
"I am but a leaf blown by the winds of the force. I trust my purpose in being anywhere will eventually be revealed to me..."

-Jedi Master Zao

retrousse