fiduciary

Author Topic: The Sound Font Archive  (Read 56111 times)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
Re: The Sound Font Archive
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »
I just want to extend some *EXTREME* thanks to Shadeslinger on this one!!!  Thank you, thank you, much oblige, merci beaucoup and HOW YOU ARE!!  :)

Really, all I can say is:

* Sorry I was unable to ever find the time to do this myself (if not solely for my OWN fonts)
* My camera became defunct as Shade and I were even discussing it, so... I left it in his very capable hands
* In many ways, I think it's BETTER if sound demos come from the ~fans/customers~ anyhow (vs. from me) since they bring their own style to makin' demos
* I TOTALLY gotta link to all these vids with the website on the NSCFCDs...
* It's what I've been hoping for since (almost) day 1 of building the compendiums... but simply NEVER had the time & logistics to do

I know I'm probably sounding all nutso here, but... I am REALLY humbled by Shade's work.  You guys will probably never fully understand how much work it was for me to put together the 3 sound CDs (thus far at present!) that I've made... and so to make videos of EVERY sound font I've made... PLUS Madcow's... PLUS Eastern's... PLUS every Joe Jedi sound guy out there... that is some serious work, no joke.

I mean really... YOU do the math on just the length of each video and add it up.  And that's just FILMING.  Then there is the editing (a little, a lot--doesn't matter--takes TIME)... the uploading... blah blah blah!!

So... my Indy Jones-ish hat is off to ya, brah!!!  Bravo, BRAVO, bravi, BRAVIIIIIIIIsimi...

--Nova
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
Just wow! I love this! Training bot seems too quiet though. I had to turn my volume all the way up, and it still wasn't very loud. ??? Was it the video camera?

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »
Just wow! I love this! Training bot seems too quiet though. I had to turn my volume all the way up, and it still wasn't very loud. ??? Was it the video camera?
To clarify... "EP IV - Training Bot" is a font I designed, here:

"Training Remote" is a font Skottsaber designed, here:

I know it's a bit confusing... but... there is some backstory to that, which is... JUST as I was about to release CD3, Skottsaber mentioned he was doing/had done a Training Remote font.  lol... to which I responded, "Holy Moses, what timing--so am I!"  Instead of me just "taking credit" for doing my own and trying to be "first", I simply asked Skott if he wanted me to include his version as a guest font... so he agreed!

We BOTH noticed that it wasn't loud enough, and I mentioned to him that I might not have time to correct that for him... and it turns out (being overwhelmed with my OWN work to do)... I was unable to get to tweaking/fixing/volume-correcting Skott's font.  :(  Much to my chagrin...

I still think that both fonts have merit... but... yes, maybe some volume-correction would need to be done on Skottsaber's font.  *sigh*... I'm really sorry I was unable to help tweak/work on that font...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 02:12:31 PM »
Ah, I was just going by what the title said on the video.  ;)
Thanks Nova for your answer. ;D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
No problem!  Believe you ME... this can get CONFUSING when we all now have 70+ fonts out there.  SEVENTY PLUS!!!!  Awesome.  :)

BTW to all: I made a "re-hash" of Shade's post, but organized fonts by AUTHOR...

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29506.0

...additionally, I stickied it, put it at the top of my "Sound Studio" area... and I tried to do a little with the color options for posting just to mix it up a bit!

I won't have time to constantly update the thread, but if anyone wants to PM me a font that Shade does a video for later on, I'll do my best to add it.

THANKS AGAIN, SHADE!!!  What a great assembleance of work.  Wait... that ain't a word... hahahah  ::)

Click here.

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »
This is all very awesome.  I would like to get a copy of the Maul sound font.  I spoke to Madcow about it a bit ago and he stated it was a remix of Episode I.  None the less, I've got every other font I've been able to come across.  If anyone has this font let me know please and thanks!

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »
Glad you like it Nova! :) It was work but fun work for the most part, I mean mostly all I did was play with my lightsaber ;D

About the Training bot/remote confusion, I'll have Skottsabers version renamed and posted in a little while. Again to everyone I appreciate the kind words! :)

EDIT: "Training Bot" by Skottsaber is now "Training Remote"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:00:54 PM by Shadeslinger »

Offline ruprect

• No Force
    • Beond Design
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »
Awesome work (must have taken ages).
I have a CF4.2 JQ Qui which is my pride and Joy, and have bought some fonts from Novastar and Madcow in the past.
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get these great fonts (sorry feel like a total NOOB asking but the training remotes, and the Yoda with speech are just awesome).

Thanks, may the force be with you all, here's a link to my saber:

Ruprect
"i can only protect you, I cannot fight a war for you"

Offline Skottsaber

• Master Force User
  • Calamus Gladio Fortior
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 03:33:46 AM »
 :o Just saw this!

Yeah, lesson learned about mixing. Don't try it without an actual CF on hand. I'm actually in the process of fixing it now that my CF build is nearing its completion. I'll be sure to send it to the appropriate places when I'm done ;)

My Sabers:

Randomsabers Ravaster
CF Obi TPM
Saberconcepts Ahsoka Variant

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 05:13:33 AM »
I'm actually in the process of fixing it now that my CF build is nearing its completion. I'll be sure to send it to the appropriate places when I'm done ;)

Sweet! :)

Quote from: ruprect
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get these great fonts

There is a website listed at the end of all the videos.

For the most part you want to go either here: www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/cd.html or here: www.genesiscustomsabers.com
 ;)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 07:25:50 AM »
I was meaning to ask earlier...
Watching the saber in the videos, it seemed like it was all the same saber because the emitter and the tip always looked the same... but the colors change to match the sound font.

Were you using lee filters on a white LED? Or was it some video effect you used to change the blade color?

Doesn't really matter but I was curious after watching all the vids.. thanks :)

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »
^^I used my Bane saber which is MLS compatible, I just swapped out leds as I saw fit. ;)

I tried on some to use my white with Lee filters, but it didn't turn out to well. On fonts like Chainwhip for example I tried a "gray" filter while on Magic Saber I tried a pink filter (which showed purple in the vids).

Offline Darth Radford

• Padawan Learner
  • Avenger of the Lost
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »
I just feel the need to voice this..........the Thrasher is by far the most AWESOME FONT!!

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »
This is all very awesome.  I would like to get a copy of the Maul sound font.  I spoke to Madcow about it a bit ago and he stated it was a remix of Episode I.  None the less, I've got every other font I've been able to come across.  If anyone has this font let me know please and thanks!
Hey, it's totally cool... Madcow mentioned that to me some time ago when he first made it, and all *I* care about is that people understand the similarities... so they don't end up getting both fonts and wondering what the heck was going on.  Any way you slice it, more fonts = more choices... = the end!  :)

As far as I know, the hum is different on Madcow's version (although mine came directly from the film when Maul's saber is on), but his blaster sounds are more like actual blasters deflections... whereas I was being creative, and since I never saw Maul deflect shots--I just made them fancy spin swings or something--I barely recall, heheh.  It's easy enough to make your own sounds though when you have the hum sound...

But Night--I would just say... ASK MADCOW!  :)  He often does trade for his fonts I believe.  Actually... oh SNAP, I *STILL* need to send MadMooey my CD3 as a gift... omigosh, I forgot.  d'ohhhhh

(<--- goes to package one up for MadMoeey...)

I just feel the need to voice this..........the Thrasher is by far the most AWESOME FONT!!
It is definitely fantastically FUN, and let me just make yet ANOTHER shout-out to Alan @ Vader's Vault, who provided all of the sexy cool guitar riffs, chords, and general string strummin' mayhem.... which I then cleaned & scrubbed of white noise/hiss... volume-corrected... Hz level-equalized/optimized... mixed... and generally tweaked the samples to provide you what is the "Thrasher" sound font!

Finally... I *DO* realize that--no--you cannot buy my fonts individually at this time.  But that may change soon enough in due time.  :)

Still... any way you slice it--it's bloody INEXPENSIVE to get one of my CDs.  It's basically $2.00 per font (!!!) this way... PLUS all the bloody insane extras.  Not to mention, each CD is *STUFFED* full of info, basically 700mb or > on each one.

If I end up selling them individually... they will HAVE to be more expensive... :(  But... whatever--that's how every OTHER product is out there.  You buy 100?  It's $2 per item... you buy THREE?  It's $5 or $7 per item or whatever...

Click here.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:20 AM »
The video for the font "Vader" has been deleted after it was brought to my attention that...it wasn't the Vader font. :P

I plan to have the correct font shot and posted this evening. Sorry bout that!

retrousse